PDA

View Full Version : Thank You EDO

gravvyboy
02-03-2009, 10:46 PM
For about the past year, since MOD 08, I've been taking my car to EDO Performance for everything except basic fluid changes, oil, driveline, etc. They have an awesome Service Manager, Robert, and a great staff on hand to help you out.

These past few weeks have been a great example of what EDO can do. I brought my car in to have some parts installed and tuned thereafter. The install went as planned and I received updates from the service department throughout the process. When the tuner, Edwin, went to get into my ECU and pull my map he noticed that the car's ECU was locked out due to a previous Ecu Tech tune. He spent the rest of the day finding a work around to begin my cars Dyno Day. He hooked me up with a fellow tuner who was able to reflash my ECU back to stock but later found out it was an Ecu Tech stock flashÂ* :buck2:

He didn't stop there. He spent the following few days on the phone finding a way to crack open my ECU. He eventually made it in and began working on several different maps. The car was put on the Dyno this past Monday but a few more problems arose. Robert and Edwin spent most of the day diagnosing my car and finding out what was wrong.

At the end of the day everything led back to my Transfer Case not working properly. The wheel spin for the back wheels was not equal to the front and the car was not able to be tuned. Lucky for me the car was not damaged during the Dyno session as the problem was caught early. My T-Case is still in working condition but it will need to be replaced within the next few months to acheive optimum results.

I just want to say Thank You to EDO Performance for all their hard work and dedication to Customer Service and satisfactionÂ* :mitsu:

I'm not happy that I have to leave California so soon but I am very pleased with the experiences I have had with them.

vanousad
02-04-2009, 12:11 PM
This is the exact reason I LOVE EDO Performance. These guys do a quality job working and tuning these cars but they will not push it if they don't think the car can handle it. They might not always tell you what you want to hear but they are saving your car and your wallet. The staff they have up there do a stand up job and you can't ask for much better of a group.

Keep doin work EDO you have my support.

GilbertFlores
02-04-2009, 12:14 PM
wow they didnt know how to unlock the ecu?? very interesting for a shop that is tuning cars.

Mellon has a thing called ECU un-locker that you run before the ecuflash system and it allows whatever you need.

but either way, good luck on the transfer case. O0 you can find them pretty cheap now a days, and install isnt to bad.

EDO Performance
02-08-2009, 08:16 PM
thanks very much, Jake. We are glad that ECU has been unlocked and I have uploaded a new map. Good luck in Texas!

EDO Performance
02-08-2009, 08:16 PM
I was thinking to let the licenced ecutek tuner to unlock it but we got no luck so we end up using ECU unlocker

pikadosboy
02-08-2009, 11:46 PM
wow they didnt know how to unlock the ecu?? very interesting for a shop that is tuning cars.

Mellon has a thing called ECU un-locker that you run before the ecuflash system and it allows whatever you need.

but either way, good luck on the transfer case. O0 you can find them pretty cheap now a days, and install isnt to bad.
+1

vanousad
02-21-2009, 05:50 PM
You have to keep in mind, these guys are still fairly new at tuning. They used to have WORKS from san fran come down for all the tuning. But since they taught Edwin how to do the tuning EDO has been doing very decent work. He may still have a few bugs he has to work out but he knows were to get the answers if he needs them.