PDA

View Full Version : 1 dead, 6 wounded @ Coffee House shooting on Valley

Saint
02-06-2009, 10:04 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-sangabriel-shoooting7-2009feb07,0,3367810.story?track=rss

Police today sought two masked gunmen who opened fire inside a coffee shop, killing at least one man and wounding six other people, several of them critically.

Officers who received a panic alarm call from the Coffee House cafe were heading to the Valley Boulevard business shortly after 11:15 p.m. Thursday when they were flagged down by several people who had been shot, city police Sgt. Rene Hernandez said.

Witness said two men with bandanas over their faces entered the cafe and opened fire before running away, Hernandez and Los Angeles County sheriff's investigators said.

Hernandez said two people died, one at the scene and one at a hospital.

However, the Sheriff's Department and the county coroner's office both said only one person was killed -- a man who was pronounced dead at the scene.

There was no immediate way to resolve the contradiction.

The dead man's identity was not immediately released.

Six other people were wounded, including at least two that were taken to hospitals in critical condition, authorities said. Their conditions were not immediately available early Friday.

The motive for the shooting was under investigation but sheriff's investigators said it did not appear to be robbery because the gunmen opened fire immediately and did not demand money.

The coffee shop's surveillance cameras were not working properly and did not record the attack, Hernandez said.

pjb00stin
02-06-2009, 10:13 AM
hmmm..could it be just another random act of violence?thats the most random place to just walk in and open fire.Either they were looking for someone that was in the coffee shop or...

this sucks

wickedIX
02-06-2009, 10:47 AM
That is why I am alwayz strapped....

pikadosboy
02-06-2009, 10:51 AM
hmmm..could it be just another random act of violence?thats the most random place to just walk in and open fire.Either they were looking for someone that was in the coffee shop or...

this sucks
I dont think is a random act of violence. That look like a hit against someone!

yobless
02-06-2009, 10:52 AM

This is why I always want to be strapped!!!

trmacblckevo
02-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Wow thats insane!!!

Massimo Power
02-06-2009, 12:22 PM

hahaha...

super 6-1
02-06-2009, 12:25 PM
wtf
damn

Azian
02-06-2009, 12:27 PM
wtfuhkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk........

ev0ninerr
02-06-2009, 12:33 PM
I was around there after that happened. My buddy was driving on San Gabriel and when we hit valley, there were a lot of cops and a couple ambulances. We actually saw one of the victims in the ambulance.

evoruff
02-06-2009, 12:38 PM
not much evidence there

vinn
02-06-2009, 07:19 PM
thats a trip....

skylinefolife
02-07-2009, 01:52 AM
The cameras were not working?
LMFAO!

This is definitely tragic. How can 2 armed dudes shoot up a place, then just "run" away? No witnesses? No other cameras within local shops? Come the fuck on!

EVOMANIAC
02-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Simple its CA only criminals are suppossed to have guns. Law abiding citizens are just easy targets. When TX and FL passed the concealed weapon law crime dropped overnight. You dont know who is carrying so you will think twice before you try to rob or shoot up someplace.

skylinefolife
02-07-2009, 04:01 PM
^You can't trust a sane person with a gun walking in the streets. People be tripping all the time because we are not the same. That's why I'm glad we don't step down to something similar to Texas...

I would be more scared knowing random folks around me had concealed weapons... Instead of a fist fight at a bar, you'd be getting shot up.

mystik_khmer
02-07-2009, 04:06 PM

+1 billion million...

evostreetkilla08
02-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Thats why im always strapped thank god I didnt go to that coffee shop. Did anyone get that coffee shops name?

jdmitr
02-15-2009, 09:15 PM
considering the area, it was probably gang related!

Saint
02-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Thats why im always strapped thank god I didnt go to that coffee shop. Did anyone get that coffee shops name?

Unless you are a LEO, then always being "strapped" is really the dumbest thing to do in California.

jdmitr
02-15-2009, 09:30 PM

Unless you are a LEO, then always being "strapped" is really the dumbest thing to do in California.

I agree. Too many "thugs"(wankstas!) up in here.

Sr20kidD
02-15-2009, 09:33 PM

why, so the title could read...

2 dead 6 wounded..

then somewhere in story it'll read, "Some dumb ass almost got his gun out, but ended up dead. Â*Although, the shooter didn't know him, he shot him because he was strapped."

wait on second thought.. sign your car title over to me..

yobless
02-16-2009, 08:30 AM

why, so the title could read...

2 dead 6 wounded..

then somewhere in story it'll read, "Some dumb ass almost got his gun out, but ended up dead. Â*Although, the shooter didn't know him, he shot him because he was strapped."

wait on second thought.. sign your car title over to me..

Let me laugh at you before I sign away my car buahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahaÂ* Â*:2funny:

I think I would take wickeIX's chances on this oneÂ* :angel:...in my case i'd need my .45 or my M-16 but then that wouldn't be fair because i'd have to re-enlist againÂ* :buck2:Â*

DaRkStArVIII
02-16-2009, 10:33 AM
Cali Gun laws are gay! I took a trip to Arizona an open carry state and people were polite as hell even the unsavory ones. Guns make mofos straighten up & fly right! Texas concealed carry law is not a step down IMO. No doubt fools would be getting into gun fights here and there, but that shit would subside after people realize this is real life and even you can get it too. There are crazy unbalanced people everywhere no state drastically different than the next.

evostreetkilla08
02-16-2009, 02:24 PM
yobless on February 06, 2009, 09:52:21 AM
Quote from: wickedIX on February 06, 2009, 09:47:53 AM