PDA

View Full Version : Finally a solution for the holes in the trunk-Going California Wingless

fusionofideas
02-06-2009, 03:53 PM
So after being pulled over 5 times by the fuzz, I was over the huge wing on the Evo X. I pulled it off and was using electric tape, (because that is true JDM style yo...yeah no). I was going to go with the carriage bolts or something to fill in the holes and I wanted to make sure that it looked really good.
I came across the Road Race Motorsports --CarbonTrix Wing Delete Kit and Lip Spoiler and thought that you guys would want to know about it since everyone is trying to figure out what to do with the freakin holes left from the wing.

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_30

I must say that I am really happy with the way it looks after being installed. It is all carbon fiber and gives the trunk a nice clean look. The kit actually covers up the holes on the trunk and when I want to hit the track I can just take it off and put on the wing. The kit is pretty reasonably priced, plus you get the lip spoiler as well. They sell the kit separate so if you dont want the spoiler you can just get the wing delete kit, but the spoiler just looks too good.

I like the look of the lip spoiler a lot better then a massive wing on the X. Plus if you are going to go wingless you have to have a little bit of style. I think they have a fiberglass wing that you could paint to match. Check out the pics and good luck with the eternal struggle to wing or not to wing.....

antics22
02-06-2009, 06:01 PM
interesting.. that kit includes the lip spoiler as well? I'm liking the idea of just buying a wingless trunk for $270 from SCM instead better.. but ya, paint is gonna add to the cost of that too...

Definitely a different choice for wingless solutions though!

[p]dOG.
02-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Definitely a different option. I went to a sticker shop and had them do circle cut-outs, and it's alot cleaner than using 100mph electric tape!

Skiracer
02-06-2009, 06:29 PM
I got a carbon fiber license plate bumper cover from the same shop. They make good stuff!

http://www.carbontrix.com/store/images/CFEVOREAR.JPG

kimletrim
02-06-2009, 06:30 PM
I like everything about the wing save for the blob of CF covering the trunk and trunk holes.

boostinbyyou
02-06-2009, 08:07 PM
i have color vinyl that almost perfectly matches all of mitsubishi's factory paints....

iheartevoix
06-08-2009, 12:18 PM
^hook it up with some.. i think u did my emblems at the bp meet.. and no offense but they came out a little bad. could u redo them again by any chance?

btw the lip spoiler looks good.. they should make one for the 8/9!!!!!

boostinbyyou
06-08-2009, 12:23 PM
lol.....i would like to see this, hahhahhaha^^^

post here, but no PM....LoL

macdizzle67
06-08-2009, 12:51 PM
^hook it up with some.. i think u did my emblems at the bp meet.. and no offense but they came out a little bad. could u redo them again by any chance?

btw the lip spoiler looks good.. they should make one for the 8/9!!!!!

rexpeed makes them for the 8 and 9

Sxhawnn
06-08-2009, 01:16 PM
I"m sorry man, but that is just f'in hideous. Hideous I tell you. Have you ever looked into small vinyl dots? Go to any vinyl shop and they have hundreds of differents colors. Just find the one that that matches the paint and you can get pretty damn close if not spot on. And cut in small circles and put them over the holes. You can't even tell until your about 2 foot away and staring directly at them.

imprezivevo
07-20-2009, 01:16 AM
yeah...not liking the big wierd shape of it...i would go with those hole plugs that clip in and if you want...just take a rattle can to em

rojoX
07-24-2009, 04:38 PM
:worthless: