PDA

View Full Version : Evo X starting problem

mangoes
02-18-2009, 12:06 PM
Lately I have been having this problem of the car taking multiple cranks to finally start. Usually upon a normal startup the car cranks about 3-5 times I guess, but this morning and a few times last week, it took around 10-15 cranks to finally start.

It was the worst this morning, i had to give the car gas to finally get it to start. The car is parked in a garage, not outside. The previous times it happened, the car was already warmed up, it wasnt a cold start at all.

I think this is the 4th time I have had this starting problem..

Car is fully stock, 1400 miles on it, about 3 weeks old.

Anyone experience this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1WkdEvo
02-18-2009, 12:08 PM
One reason why I didn't get the X...this is happening quite a bit according to threads on Evom

Good luck

kimletrim
02-18-2009, 12:11 PM
For some reason, there are a fair number of X owners with faulty batteries. Check it out.

I have not had the problem (x fingers).

mangoes
02-18-2009, 12:13 PM
ya =(... maybe i should just get a super powerful z0mg battery. NEVER RUN OUT OF POWAAAAH!! *sigh* LAME!

evogeo
02-18-2009, 12:20 PM
im not saying i know the cause but before my car got the second factory reflash it failed to start twice... im just throwing that out there

mangoes
02-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Oooh maybe thats it. I'm pretty sure I don't have the reflash yet. I forgot to ask them to do it last time I went to SCM.

GilbertFlores
02-18-2009, 12:37 PM
if you bought your car at southcoast, and i know you just got is a few weeks ago...it should already have it done O0

check the battery, or take it in to see what they say about it O0

mangoes
02-20-2009, 12:07 PM
if you bought your car at southcoast, and i know you just got is a few weeks ago...it should already have it done O0

check the battery, or take it in to see what they say about it O0

You were right Gilbert. The car already had not the 2nd but I guess now as of December, the third reflash done. Paul suggested that I just drive it around a bit more and if it starts happening more frequently, like 3 times consecutively in one day, or etc, then take it in.

3diamondxpress
12-03-2010, 09:35 AM
just wanted to bump this thread as it seems im having a problem with cold starts weak crank but it starts. just seems to be a weak crank compared to what a new car should feel like. got it in jan '10 at scm.but it just started happening a few wks ago i noticed it seemed weak..i was thinking battery.but being some what new car battery should last ..anybody got input.

Skiracer
12-03-2010, 09:40 AM
just wanted to bump this thread as it seems im having a problem with cold starts weak crank but it starts. just seems to be a weak crank compared to what a new car should feel like. got it in jan '10 at scm.but it just started happening a few wks ago i noticed it seemed weak..i was thinking battery.but being some what new car battery should last ..anybody got input.

Put a volt meter on the battery. if you don't have one, take it to Pep Boys and they can test for you. Note, you might need to remove the battery and bring it into the store to test it.