PDA

View Full Version : Quit, or did I just get fired?

STIH8TER
03-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Well here is my story. I just started school this Monday for the Process Plant Tech Program. I had my orientation last friday so I took a day off of work. And yes my boss knew that I took the day off. Right... So when I called my job site and told my boss that I can't work my old hours he started to trip. He told me this is a problem. I told him if we can compromise a new schedule for me. HE said that wasn't his problem and not his duty to change my schedule. Then he started sayin, "Why are you doing this too me?" I asked him what I did? Then he talks about how he got me the hours I wanted and blah blah blah secret clearance. And as he was talking I'm thinking to myself this won't end to great. I stopped his conversation and gave full detail about my free program for school. Yea I have a free ride for school and plus GI bill on the side. He started to laugh sarcastically. I told him, "sir, Im putting my education first." then he stops me and says "for YOU its your education that comes first. But for ME its Money." So I hung up the phone after.

Wow fuckin bastard had the nerve to say that. I know money is important. But he didn't take consideration to the hours I pulled for him when he needed me to pull some of the shifts. He never even told me himself if I can take some shifts. He always told my other co workers to ask me if I can do some hours. Oh well... by next year I'll be making near 30 bucks an hour. wow... my boss was a jerk.

Princess
03-05-2009, 01:14 AM
School should always come first, if you want to go.

super asshole boss for sure.

I think you can consider that either or on the quit or fired. :)

kambodianboi
03-05-2009, 01:16 AM
I wouldn't consider that you got fired unless he tells you so. But he is a prick! For him to say that he cares about "Him getting money" and not about you getting your education, is just damn low.

STIH8TER
03-05-2009, 01:17 AM
I think me hanging up on him just told him I quit lol.

STIH8TER
03-05-2009, 01:19 AM
I wouldn't consider that you got fired unless he tells you so. But he is a prick! For him to say that he cares about "Him getting money" and not about you getting your education, is just damn low.

Well he said if I can't work the hours he asked me, I'll be terminated from the job site.

Princess
03-05-2009, 01:19 AM
yeah if they dont call you back...its pretty much done. haha

STIH8TER
03-05-2009, 01:21 AM
LoL its been three days. I even said before he gave me that comment "its money for me" bullcrap, that I can be on call. He said thats good but not GOOD enough for me.

majuljo
03-05-2009, 01:24 AM
ok i am drunk so i might ramble but there is always someone higher then he is and i bet if you talk to them they can help you out. he is just being a dick because you put him in a tight spot to cover your hours now but most companies that i know would rather want a worker to go to school and work to further their career. some places will even pay for your schooling and i know you don't need that but it just seems that your boss is being all butt hurt because you want to make a better future for yourself and not an easier life for himself. you know whats important and anyone that stands in your way just show them the finger!!!!

EVO951
03-05-2009, 01:25 AM
what a jerk boss, he needs to get bitch slapped!

FUEL
03-05-2009, 01:26 AM
Collect unemployment and get your education. Next year you will be in a better place.

Princess
03-05-2009, 01:26 AM
ok i am drunk so i might ramble but there is always someone higher then he is and i bet if you talk to them they can help you out. he is just being a dick because you put him in a tight spot to cover your hours now but most companies that i know would rather want a worker to go to school and work to further their career. some places will even pay for your schooling and i know you don't need that but it just seems that your boss is being all butt hurt because you want to make a better future for yourself and not an easier life for himself. you know whats important and anyone that stands in your way just show them the finger!!!!

excellent drunken ramble. :) tehehe

pjb00stin
03-05-2009, 01:27 AM

being drunk mi-week FTMFW

school < work at the moment,because later in life,work > mcdonalds manager

majuljo
03-05-2009, 01:28 AM
alright (high five myself) and only cuz its my day off tomorrow woot woot!!!

STIH8TER
03-05-2009, 01:30 AM

^^ exactly how I feel man. I remember my Co workers going to school and one of them had to quit school because he couldnt change his schedule for work. What stinks is that he also said... You dont work around us. WE work around you. It's fuckin gay man. That co worker of mine is now Fired from the Job. It's only a temp job for me anyways. I wasn't gonna stay with that company. Its shady. I was with them back in 2002 and then I joined the army. I promised myself not to go back when I got back from the military. Boy was I wrong. And now Im out of it again.

pjb00stin
03-05-2009, 01:31 AM
alright (high five myself) and only cuz its my day off tomorrow woot woot!!!

drunk enough?i'll give u $40 bucks for s13.PM me if interested :uglystupid2:

OP,just go to school,get it over with as soon as you can,then find yourself a better job.Education is key.

3diamondxpress
03-05-2009, 01:31 AM
i call that baby back bullshit ..my dad always said education 1st.even i never went 2 collage.once in a lifetime chance ...fuck ur boss.move forward..

majuljo
03-05-2009, 01:33 AM
aww why you gotta lowball me like that lol well i guess thats what the market is like now

Princess
03-05-2009, 01:36 AM

being drunk mi-week FTMFW

http://i644.photobucket.com/albums/uu167/ElaineAnne/drunk.gif

Yeah, you did the right thing by hanging up on him, you dont talk to employees like that

Princess
03-05-2009, 01:37 AM
aww why you gotta lowball me like that lol well i guess thats what the market is like now

sounds like he's trying to take advantage of you. :twisted:

antics22
03-05-2009, 01:37 AM
whatever you do, dont assume things... Â* If you get/got fired, you are entitled to unemployment benefits from the state. Â*If you "quit", or are classified as a voluntary leave, then you get nada... Â* Either way, clarify your employment status with either your boss or the HR dept if you have one. Â* Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

STIH8TER
03-05-2009, 01:38 AM
Yea I don't have time to tell him good bye lol.

mrobs15
03-05-2009, 01:40 AM
yeah as everyone else is saying, you're not fired unless he says you are. Do not say you quit cause then uncle sam wont give you shit.

someone i know scored a PHat settlement from a wrongful termination lawsuit. hmm

majuljo
03-05-2009, 01:43 AM
wwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! lol but yeah man get that unemployment shit its bomb lol jk but seriouly he is right make sure you know your status is before you make your next move because then you can plan your future out better. school always should come first imo because it will always get you a better job (mayber not right now in this economey and unemployment record) but still it will always help you in the long run.

STIH8TER
03-05-2009, 01:45 AM
Lol I just got out of EDD last year. Big Lawsuit huh... who wants to be my lawyer?

majuljo
03-05-2009, 01:47 AM
what ever makes money to pays those bills man

mrobs15
03-05-2009, 01:47 AM
wwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! lol but yeah man get that unemployment shit its bomb lol jk but seriouly he is right make sure you know your status is before you make your next move because then you can plan your future out better. school always should come first imo because it will always get you a better job (mayber not right now in this economey and unemployment record) but still it will always help you in the long run.

10% unemployment in this beautiful state of ours =(

pjb00stin
03-05-2009, 01:48 AM
what ever makes money to pays those bills man

sell drugs..

princess-that smiley is f**kin awsome!

STIH8TER
03-05-2009, 01:49 AM
10?!?!?

DruMMinStUd06
03-05-2009, 01:59 AM
don't quit...he'll eventually have to terminate you if he hasn't already. then apply for unemployment

JC
03-05-2009, 02:00 AM
someone i know scored a PHat settlement from a wrongful termination lawsuit. hmm

For what? His boss had every right to fire him if he couldn't work the hours his job required. You CA people are so sue happy.

majuljo
03-05-2009, 02:07 AM
only he said that man. not all of us said sue jeez...

CASH$ MONEY
03-05-2009, 03:23 AM
lol stay, jobs r fuked right now!

white9
03-05-2009, 09:36 AM
lol stay, jobs r fuked right now!

yup i would stay. Good luck finding another job in this economy.

toku-one
03-05-2009, 11:46 AM
if you havent been to work in 3 days, in the state of california thats called job abandonment, aka you quit... so now they dont have to fire you.

which means no unemployment.

just fyi

Evo_Hustler
03-05-2009, 12:02 PM
I had a buddy that quit and he is collecting unemployment!

sidewaysevo
03-05-2009, 12:03 PM

For what? His boss had every right to fire him if he couldn't work the hours his job required. You CA people are so sue happy.

I agree. Â*You guys agreed to a schedule, and now you can't work those hours. Â*If I was your boss I would be angry too.

yobless
03-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Collect unemployment and get your education. Next year you will be in a better place.

Best money I ever made was after I got out of the Corps...unemployment (E-5), VA disability, G.I. Bill, and Financial Aid. Get your education bro.

STIH8TER
03-06-2009, 12:16 AM
Fo sho Can't wait till the checks come in! And why would I stay? I wouldn't stay in a damn job that doesn't even care about my education. So some of you guys would rather risk a free education and work? Give me a break, if you guys were in my shoes you'd say fuck yo boss too.

My boss said this.... If you can't work those hours, We Will Terminate You. And i asked him I can still be on call.. and he said... thats not good Enough for me. I didn't quit I asked him for different hours or just be on call. He didn't want it so he cut me off.

KarbonEvo9
03-06-2009, 05:35 AM
screw him...by the time you grad. youll prolly make more than him. lol O0

:mitsu:

STIH8TER
03-06-2009, 09:55 AM
^^ can't wait for that day either.

aguilar45
03-07-2009, 12:08 PM
man It would be nice to walk away with a feeling that you don't have to work for the rest of your life...but nowadays be humble of what you have. No Big company is gonna work around your "WOrld" because your hours are not working or you're not given weekends off? Don't be surprise they pull "SANCHO" off the street selling flowers too take your place or some kid right off of High school making "YOUR" $30 dollar an hour :2funny: Don't get me wrong about Education becuz I Have little ones myself but no way in hell will I let my PRIDE get in da way to ruin it for their future...Good Luck on collecting checks from everyone out here in SOCAL knowing we are filling your pockets with our TAX money while you whine about hours not working out for you O0

STIH8TER
03-07-2009, 09:13 PM
^^ actually im not gonna cry like you and do unemployment. I have a kid on the way. This School will help me feed my family once I get done with it. And if you don't know what it is. I'm goin to school to find work moron. You think Imma just be on a dead end job with no advancement within 5 years. The job i had didnt even have vacation pay. Yea job is important. But a career is what I'm goin for. The school Im in is FREE. Its a FREEEEE program for Veterans. Whos Goin to Pass up FRREEEEEE schooling or would you rather get paid 12 an hour pay with no benefits or vacation pay? Not only that I'm getting the GI bill. G I bill isnt gonna go towards the school either its gonna be my money. You know why? Cuz the damn Program is Free!!

And if I was to get unemployment who's to say you are goin to stop me? And I wasn't whining about hours. I just couldnt work those hours. I still pay taxes too asshole. If you havent given to your community or your country I say you should stfu aquilar45. And if you have... well then... fuck you im goin to school for free. Peace.

S2myEVO
03-07-2009, 09:25 PM
OWNED@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aguilar45
03-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Wow.....Not to disrespect You or any who have fought for this country and so be it dat you got a free ride at school. Obviously you still can't undestand da fact that you got owned urself cuz things did't go your way and me saying times are tough got your pussy hurt....i'm just saying O0 Good Luck to your carreer and I'll add a couple more pennies towards your benifit in collection....CHEERS :smitten:

PUNISHER
03-08-2009, 12:42 PM
i only have a high school diploma, and i'm making some good money :).... Don't burn your bridges dude, in this economy the people that have jobs are lucky to still have them. Good luck with everything dude.

kautiongsr
03-08-2009, 02:15 PM
i would agree... not matter what never burn a bridge man.. its a small world and you never know..

STIH8TER
03-10-2009, 03:37 AM
Wow.....Not to disrespect You or any who have fought for this country and so be it dat you got a free ride at school. Obviously you still can't undestand da fact that you got owned urself cuz things did't go your way and me saying times are tough got your pussy hurt....i'm just saying O0 Good Luck to your carreer and I'll add a couple more pennies towards your benifit in collection....CHEERS :smitten:

you must be gay giving your dick away. You- penis hungry? How did I get owned? Things didn't go my way? Yea it didn't but you know what, I'm still getting free education and getting paid at the same time. You are an idiot sir. Yes sir an idiot. I was just writing my story on how I was terminated from work and couldn't believe my ex boss basically said Money is important than my education. I'm pretty sure he was in my shoes long time ago doing what ever he can to survive. Thought older people are wiser and should know whats up. The only one butt hurt was my ex boss because he was panicking when I told him and he couldn't find anyone else to replace. So now my ex co worker is making more money. See I still help people who need hours too.