PDA

View Full Version : "We hide eggs because Jesus told us to"

Terry S
03-27-2009, 10:08 PM
So today at work, this lady I work with was explaining something to me. Here's a brief transcript of what transpired:

---- Begin transcript -----

Her - "So my sister told me that for Lent we are supposed to give up eating eggs because thats what the bible says."

Me - "..."

Her - "Her priest said that the whole 'not eating meat on Good Friday' thing is bogus because its supposed to be about eggs."

Me - "What? What does eggs have to do with all this?"

Her - "Well, thats why we hide eggs on easter. Its because we're supposed to hide the eggs to keep us from eating them and so the enemies of Jesus cant find them."

Me - :insert maniacal laughter in her face:

Her - "Fuck you asshole, your probably mormon or something stupid."

Me - :continue maniacal laughter:

Her - "It's true! My sister said her priest told her so"

Me - :continue maniacal laughter all the way back to my desk:

---- End transcript ----

Discuss. Laugh. Love. Share.

Terry S

j_nizzle
03-27-2009, 10:13 PM
the usual...someone that i dont know told someone i know...yadda yadda...it never quite cuts it for me.

i just laugh at the people that give up shit for lent...i tried to do it to support some of my friends in the past but i realized...wtf do they do for me to warrant that?

yobless
03-28-2009, 12:50 AM
lent=complete bullshit

If you're going to do something and say "religion" makes you do it, then at least know why.

1WkdEvo
03-28-2009, 01:23 AM
Awesome story and why stupid people rule!

yobless
03-28-2009, 01:28 AM
Awesome story and why stupid people rule!

CARB is run by stupid people...simply wow when this actually passes.
http://www.autobloggreen.com/2009/03/25/california-to-reduce-carbon-emissions-by-banning-black-cars/

1WkdEvo
03-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Wow I guess I better get a repaint before 2012 then

Terry S
03-28-2009, 04:35 AM
This god damn climate change crap is getting out of hand...

Terry S

pikadosboy
03-28-2009, 06:22 AM
Wuahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha, hysterical laugh! hahahahahahahaha, wuahahahahahaha.

I guess you are a Mormon. JK.

vial8or
03-28-2009, 06:28 AM
Never ceases to amaze (disgust) me.

kimletrim
03-28-2009, 07:18 AM
Nadia Suleman certainly doesn't believe in Lent!

FUEL
03-28-2009, 11:35 AM
where do the rabbits come into play here?

GokuSSJ4
03-28-2009, 02:46 PM
*speechless*

MJCT9A
03-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Lmao...stupid people will always follow stupid people. A new religion is formed evrytime some douche wants to be original. I wonder if the anglo community suffers from the hole in the wall religions as we in the latino community? I drive by these all the time, they seem to pop up like starbucks once did WTF?

BenJ
03-28-2009, 10:33 PM
the craziness. Here's a question for you: Can you be religious and not believe in god?

MJCT9A
03-28-2009, 10:42 PM
the craziness. Here's a question for you: Can you be religious and not believe in god?

Sure, "Modding" is a religion sorta speak...and there is no God involved

BenJ
03-28-2009, 11:03 PM

Sure, "Modding" is a religion sorta speak...and there is no God involved

I agree 100%.Â* I was going on a slightly deeper route along the lines of "the morality behind religion through time and how it has changed.Â* People change their beliefs over time and in order to do so, they need to maintain a good sense of order and correctness in which to support their views.Â* Religion is this backbone to societies ever-changing beliefs, which acts as a constant right that society can draw upon for constant approval.Â* Society has moved away from God as a symbol of correctness and in doing so has affirmed its morality through a different set of beliefs."

I 'm working on a rather long paper on the matter and thought that it semi-fitted into this topic.Â* Kind of interesting.

ChrisF
03-28-2009, 11:26 PM
I had to listen to my sister in law the other night pontificate about "I'm not going to worry when I die; I'm going to heaven so there should be a celebration at my funeral!"Â* I so wanted to make her head explode by asking her, "So, hypothetically, if there is no heaven, would you still live the way you do now and would you still want to celebrate going into nothingness?" :)Â*

Religion is the opiate of sheep.Â* Live a virtuous life because it's the right thing to do,Â*not because some preacher tells you you'll suffer eternal damnation if you don't.

BenJ
03-29-2009, 12:01 AM
Religion is the opiate of sheep. Live a virtuous life because it's the right thing to do, not because some preacher tells you you'll suffer eternal damnation if you don't.

it is the "will to power that makes [you] stop before the Saint. [You] had to ask him." An interesting topic, Friedrich Nietzsche wrote in great depth about the "will to power" in the 19th century, which in a nutshell comes to bear the rationalization that the theory is an interpretation of becoming which requires, on the part of the individual, a yes-saying. Basically,
A) Society is based on morals
B) Religion is often sought as the supreme right, therefore correct.
C) Saint's, being "men" of God, poscess the power to dictate correctness, or morality
D) therefore, we, society, look to the saint, or religion for an answer, or to give us power...hence "the will to power"

FUEL
03-29-2009, 02:19 PM
So nobody knows where the rabbits come from?

Terry S
03-29-2009, 04:58 PM
So nobody knows where the rabbits come from?

Eggs are traditionally the christian symbol for the resurrection and that of new life.

Rabbits were traditional symbols of fertility and the like in various pagan religions.

The northern europeans brought over the whole gifts & candies on easter at around the same time they brought over santa claus.

All three eventually merged together to take place around Easter, involving rabbits, candies, eggs and gifts.

Yay to America.

Terry S

yobless
03-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Basically Northern Europeans helped replace Jesus w/ rabbits and a fat man dressed in red...buahahahahahahahahahaha

FUEL
03-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Fat Man Bunnies Gifts and excess for a "Holiday"....A "Nod" to the "American Way" of MORE MORE MORE... "Greed is Good" as Gordon Geko would say...

Terry S
03-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Basically Northern Europeans helped replace Jesus w/ rabbits and a fat man dressed in red...buahahahahahahahahahaha

Damn barbarians replacing jesus!

T
e
r
r
y

S

Terry S
03-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Fat Man Bunnies Gifts and excess for a "Holiday"....A "Nod" to the "American Way" of MORE MORE MORE... "Greed is Good" as Gordon Geko would say...

But remember, the Catholic church is the one who helped the retailers to wrap it all up into a neat, easy to buy package so it would be potentially easier to make converts. :lol: Jesus better not take mah eggs or my Pagan Bunny will fuck his shit up! Yo!

Terry S

FUEL
03-29-2009, 09:42 PM
The Catholic Church is and always has been the BIGGEST PIMP of all... have u seen pics of the gold ceiling in Vatican City? Gold? Come on who else would have a cheesy ass gold ceiling besides a "Pimp"? Lol

Terry S
03-29-2009, 09:53 PM
The Vatican. Big Pimpin since 1929 yo!

Terry S

vial8or
03-29-2009, 10:03 PM
The Vatican. Big Pimpin since 1929 yo!

Terry S

Pimpin lil alter boys

:)