PDA

View Full Version : anybody have a phone w/video calling?

Sean penn
03-29-2009, 12:19 PM
i bought a nokia n95 8gig last week and i saw a "video calling" feature that i want 2 try. I obviously have to Â*have another person that has this same feature on their phone as well in order for this 2 work. So if any of u guys have this pm me ur number and we'll try it just 4 kicks. Thx!

S2myEVO
03-29-2009, 12:22 PM
hey jesse im not sure but i dont think that network is available in america yet...i know if you were to be in japan it would work all day.

xxblazexx
03-29-2009, 12:28 PM
thats a badass feature though

Sean penn
03-29-2009, 12:32 PM
probably, i wouldn't doubt it

Sean penn
03-29-2009, 12:38 PM
i wonder when or if this feat will be available

Cookie
03-29-2009, 12:40 PM
I've had that feature on a while on the phones I've had and it's yet to work in the states for me. When I was in Taiwan and Japan a few months ago, it worked fine each time. Like others have said, I'm pretty sure we can't use that feature yet here and as far as I know, there's no ETA for when it will become available.

1crazyEvo
03-29-2009, 12:45 PM
theres a "company" called ACN selling video phones now. They were featured on the Donald Trump show "the apprentice" last sunday.ÂÂ* Their phones already work as I have seen them in person at one of my buddys house. I used the word "company" because ACN seems to be a very well planned out Piramyd scheme. but hey the phones work....

S2myEVO
03-29-2009, 12:46 PM
I've had that feature on a while on the phones I've had and it's yet to work in the states for me. Â*When I was in Taiwan and Japan a few months ago, it worked fine each time. Â*Like others have said, I'm pretty sure we can't use that feature yet here and as far as I know, there's no ETA for when it will become available.

yeah i researched this a long ass time ago and most of asia has this type of network. also most of their phones already come equipped with the video dialing feature. i doubt it will come to american soil anytime soon, it might be too expensive....you could prob also expect prices to go up on service so yeah i dont think you want that

scumdog
03-29-2009, 12:46 PM
i saw that episode^.I have something online called skype.It is free and works perfectly.I love it!

S2myEVO
03-29-2009, 12:47 PM
theres a "company" called ACN selling video phones now. They were featured on the Donald Trump show "the apprentice" last sunday. Â*Their phones already work as I have seen them in person at one of my buddys house. I used the work "company" because ACN seems to be a very well planned out Piramyd scheme. but hey the phones work....

ACN IS a pyramid scheme man... i think they only did it on lanlines...not cell phones. you can do a lanline version because you connect through the internet...so its like using a webcam.

TeKiZeRo
03-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Yeah haha, ACN is a pyramid scheme. My friend dragged me to one of their meetings -_-.

ohhgyeahfasho
03-30-2009, 02:31 AM
Man Japanese technology are always ahead of the game. Even the iPhone in Japan is low-tech, they're even giving them out for free :-\. Bahh, I wana move :(

KarbonEvo9
03-30-2009, 11:33 AM
ya doesnt LG make something like this? saw it in a movie or something... looks pretty coo

you prolly have to get their service for it though..

CRX2EVO
03-30-2009, 11:42 AM
why the shit is this in Evo General?

KarbonEvo9
03-30-2009, 12:02 PM
cuz a mod hasnt moved it yet...

and the OP prolly thinks its okie to post in here..

1SiCkeVo
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Sucks we cant use it. I have it on my phone and always wondered about it as well haha. So if we cant use it why put it in there?

KarbonEvo9
03-30-2009, 09:20 PM
usa FTL!

ultraflip
03-30-2009, 09:25 PM
i have a n95 8gb and i have an htc fuze... htc fuze i have video calling enabled... i only have select users that i can use it with since everyone else is cheap

kambodianboi
03-30-2009, 09:39 PM
I have a Nokia N82 and N95, but no video calling service. I also want to try it, but I will wait a bit.

KarbonEvo9
03-30-2009, 10:10 PM
danggg it,... just ballin wit phones eh? prolly rockin an iphone too huh foo?

kambodianboi
03-30-2009, 10:31 PM
danggg it,... just ballin wit phones eh? prolly rockin an iphone too huh foo?
My work phone is an iPhone ;) haha

Sean penn
03-30-2009, 10:35 PM

Calm the fuck down homeboy. If it offends u then gtfo and go cry to a mod.

1WkdEvo
03-30-2009, 10:41 PM

:werd:

S2myEVO
03-30-2009, 10:48 PM

:werd:

ROFL.

ultraflip
03-30-2009, 11:35 PM
SoCalEvo.net > Electronics & Technology > Electronics / Gadgets / Phones > Topic: anybody have a phone w/video calling?

? i dont see a problem

KarbonEvo9
03-31-2009, 03:42 PM

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha hhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

EvolutionXtacy
05-26-2009, 10:13 AM
i have the sony erricson xperia great phone love the arc system they added for easy text, and it also has a video calling feature (: right now im contracted with AT&T with my iPhone, ive been trying to find a service for my sony erricson for a while now =[ i want video calling!! D: i wanna see my friend reaction wen i pull a 11;80 at the strip! lol

henryvt
07-01-2009, 06:23 PM
video calling has been around for couple years already, but i dont believe it will be release anytime soon in the US, because company like At&t is still trying to figure out ways to control your usage, just like the iphone, it claims to be unlimited, but really there is a 5gb limited "of cuz you can never hit this number on an iphone unless u tether with your computer", thats another reason for at&t to not support tethering on the new 3gs.
but i would really love to have video calling, as i went back to hong kong 3 years ago and played on my friend's phone, they are really really cool

EvolutionXtacy
07-01-2009, 07:02 PM
video calling has been around for couple years already, but i dont believe it will be release anytime soon in the US, because company like At&t is still trying to figure out ways to control your usage, just like the iphone, it claims to be unlimited, but really there is a 5gb limited "of cuz you can never hit this number on an iphone unless u tether with your computer", thats another reason for at&t to not support tethering on the new 3gs.
but i would really love to have video calling, as i went back to hong kong 3 years ago and played on my friend's phone, they are really really cool

most def: wen i was in taiwan; i was contracted with a cell phone company there for my xperia x1 and the video calling featur was so clear! i mean its like damn lol; but came back to the states :P and boo no fun