PDA

View Full Version : Straight pipe exhaust?

AMJevoXmR
03-30-2009, 10:44 AM
I just bought a used '08 MR this weekend at Antelope Valley Volkswagen for 28,000 with 5,600 miles on it. It has a straight pipe on it, should I be concerned about the performance on the car? Thanks for the future.

Massimo Power
03-30-2009, 10:46 AM
If you have full exhaust you shouldnt have any problem or concern towards the performance of the car.. you will most likely have a check engine light coming on if you dont have an 02 fix on it but thats about it. The car should also feel faster all around compared to one with a full stock exhaust.

Very weird that they would sell it to you with a test pipe on the car though.

scumdog
03-30-2009, 10:57 AM
yeah,especially vw letting something like that go. They are nazis when it comes to modding cars.I have lots of experience with vw.If i were you,i would take it as a win!If you don't like that exhaust,throw it up on a wtt or for sale forum

thrshr01
03-31-2009, 06:23 PM
yeah,especially vw letting something like that go. They are nazis when it comes to modding cars...

They were the official car of Hitler's Germany :roll:

an 08 MR for 28?Â* Damn, I already lost that much money on my car?Â* LMAO!!!Â* I doubt it has a straight pipe, the dealer could get in big trouble for selling it like that, the dumb sales man probably considers a straight through muffler a straight pipe.

AMJevoXmR
03-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Yeah I know that the dealer can get in trouble for selling a car with no mufflers but I was curious that night I bought it, so I went on the ground and took a look under the car and there you know it, 2 1/2" straight pipe. Oh well it is what it is, and plus I love how it sounds.... O0