PDA

View Full Version : Evo X VS STI GARAGE 419

xxxAce21xxx
04-03-2009, 09:47 PM
PART 1 :Â* Â* Â*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPpHxtQfI5Q&feature=rec-HM-exp_rev-rn

PART 2 :Â* Â* Â*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4jdxnVieH8&feature=channel

so i came across this video online watched it and correct me if im wrong but i think the tuner of that shop was a little biest torwards the SubiÂ* i mean he said the drivetrain in the X is weak !!!! like are u kidding ?
i remember hearing about those new subi engines blowing up stock a couple months ago
and they said the subi has more potentiol then the Evo hmmmmmmmmmmmm
gimme some input here guys im sure theres Evo/Subi owners out there people who understand subarus more
watch the vids and post ur opinions hopefully i posted this in the right section =/

hahaha i laughed when that guy couldnt even read a dyno chart wow

xxxAce21xxx
04-03-2009, 10:21 PM
subi < EVO

1WkdEvo
04-03-2009, 10:22 PM
IX>X

That's why :)

xxxAce21xxx
04-03-2009, 10:46 PM
IX>X

That's why :)

thats a great point u make wkd O0

flblkevo9
04-03-2009, 11:02 PM
Dude who are those gay clowns? tuners?wtf you see how he loves to play with the shifter and e-brake. He's a fat flamer.

scumdog
04-03-2009, 11:49 PM
hahaha!!! i remember watching this bs a while ago!!! those fucking douches are just that...douches."now lets listen to the evo,ooohhh sounds really weak,not appealing at all.now the subie.now thats what i call a real car" fucking homos :knuppel2:

pjb00stin
04-04-2009, 12:28 AM
I stopped at the part where the guy with the over-exaggerated sideburns said "it sounds umm..it sounds really quiet. It sounds alright..It definitely needs an exhaust..It revs up quick.It probably has a lite flywheel"

kekeke..SHUTUP

casperdomo
04-04-2009, 12:43 AM
hahaha!!! i remember watching this bs a while ago!!! those fucking douches are just that...douches."now lets listen to the evo,ooohhh sounds really weak,not appealing at all.now the subie.now thats what i call a real car" fucking homos :knuppel2:

LMAO, HAHAHAHA!!!!! TRUE!!! X2

xxxAce21xxx
04-04-2009, 02:09 PM
well i mean no shit al lthe exaust and piping was stock
and the subi had theyre custom DP on it Â*wich im guessing is like a QTP because theyre were opening and closing on the fly
just stupid lets compare this subi thats been tuned and has bolt on plus Â*exhaust Â*to this BONE STOCK EVO !!!!
i thot that garage HRS guy was supposed to know his stuff
very dissapointing

and ya drivetrain on the Evo X destroys the Subi anyday !!!! Bullshit hahahaha

xxxAce21xxx
04-04-2009, 04:10 PM
come to think those are weak gains for so many mods also he had a aftermarket intercooler o nthat subi

dongchad
04-09-2009, 11:01 PM
absolutely bias

xxxAce21xxx
04-09-2009, 11:05 PM
absolutely bias

its bullshit isnt it ??? ridiculous
i thot that garage HRS dude new his shit prob only if its a V8 and over 4000lbs lol ahhahaha

evazerone
04-10-2009, 01:42 AM
So I watched both videos and I wasted about 20 minutes of my life.

Easily biased in so many ways, its not even funny. For example, they kinda just glossed over the fact that the Evo X put out more whp stock without adding much comment. I think they spent much more time saying how awesome the boxer engine sounds. Honestly, I loved and wanted to buy a STi for the longest time and I wouldn't mind owning one, but clearly X's are great in many respects.

Alucard
04-10-2009, 01:46 AM
Clearly both are idiots.

1SiCkeVo
04-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Coming from an STi i can honestly say the transmission is stronger than and Evos but motor wise 4g63 or in this case 4b11 is in every way stronger than the Ej2x. I could have gotten another STi but i wanted bigger power with the reliability so i went with the Evo and personally i prefer the Evos styling over the STi. Handling wise, Evo over STi in any for modded or stock its more responsive and has that raw feel to it. Clearly these guys are idiots saying bang for the buck STi is better. Modify both cars with the same/similar mods and Evo walks all over the Subi. How is it that an Evo with full TBE, Full IC, and a tune breaks 300+whp and the subi makes about 280 whp give or take 10hp. Just my 2 centsÂ* :mitsu:

xxxAce21xxx
04-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Coming from an STi i can honestly say the transmission is stronger than and Evos but motor wise 4g63 or in this case 4b11 is in every way stronger than the Ej2x. I could have gotten another STi but i wanted bigger power with the reliability so i went with the Evo and personally i prefer the Evos styling over the STi. Handling wise, Evo over STi in any for modded or stock its more responsive and has that raw feel to it. Clearly these guys are idiots saying bang for the buck STi is better. Modify both cars with the same/similar mods and Evo walks all over the Subi. How is it that an Evo with full TBE, Full IC, and a tune breaks 300+whp and the subi makes about 280 whp give or take 10hp. Just my 2 centsÂ* :mitsu:

great info i really wanted to hear it straight from a Subi owner great input
cuz ya never know maybe the subi is a better buy and is more powerfull ? lol

1SiCkeVo
04-10-2009, 02:23 PM

LOL Sorry i respect Subarus and all but, i honestly dont feel theyre a better buy. Theyre a bit more comfy but obviously when modding these cars comfort isnt the biggest issue.

xxxAce21xxx
04-10-2009, 02:25 PM

LOL Sorry i respect Subarus and all but, i honestly dont feel theyre a better buy. Theyre a bit more comfy but obviously when modding these cars comfort isnt the biggest issue.

how much can the EJ2X take the stock block ??? i dont really see high horsepower subis around much
and is it the same exact engine in the new STI's ?

1SiCkeVo
04-10-2009, 02:32 PM
I believe it is the same engine EJ25 but not too sure haven't kept up much. They can hold around 400 whp on the stock block but any more than that is pushing it hard, and thats with upgraded turbo. Stock turbo is only good for about 320 whp so its really no good but it spools quick with the 2.5. Ive seen BUILT subys with meth injection and a 35r pushing 430whp. An evo with those mods would be over 500 whp anyday

xxxAce21xxx
04-10-2009, 06:48 PM
I believe it is the same engine EJ25 but not too sure haven't kept up much. They can hold around 400 whp on the stock block but any more than that is pushing it hard, and thats with upgraded turbo. Stock turbo is only good for about 320 whp so its really no good but it spools quick with the 2.5. Ive seen BUILT subys with meth injection and a 35r pushing 430whp. An evo with those mods would be over 500 whp anyday

damÂ* 2.5Â* put out a lil more than what im doing on stock turbo and cams hahaha wow
im just spoiled
no lie i love subies
but i did pick the better car of the two
only 2.0 litresÂ* Â*and 400+ HP/TQÂ* FTW :mitsu: :smitten: