PDA

View Full Version : Does HID hardware fit into a non HID Headlight Housing for Evo VIII/IX?

hye_evo_mr
04-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Hi All,

Can someone please help me out with this one. I want to fit JDM Headlights to my Evo VIII MR, however they are "non HID". My question is, will all of my stock HID hardware fit into the JDM non HID housing?

Appreciate your help,
Peter

Massimo Power
04-03-2009, 11:37 PM
No it wont fit...

You will need the JDM HID headlights in order to make it work..

fashionablevo
07-15-2009, 11:29 AM
^ not nescesarilly, you can buy a cheap "hid kit" with 9006 bulbs hook up the ballasts and have hid's. its more than doable but as stated you will need to buy at least a new set of ballast's. everything else can be retro fitted easilly

HMatt
07-15-2009, 11:47 AM
hang on now... Does the non-hid JDM lights have a spot for the fog lights though?

Massimo Power
07-15-2009, 12:03 PM
^ not nescesarilly, you can buy a cheap "hid kit" with 9006 bulbs hook up the ballasts and have hid's. its more than doable but as stated you will need to buy at least a new set of ballast's. everything else can be retro fitted easilly

My Response is in response to his question.

Hi All,

Can someone please help me out with this one. I want to fit JDM Headlights to my Evo VIII MR, however they are "non HID". My question is, will all of my stock HID hardware fit into the JDM non HID housing?

Appreciate your help,
Peter

Fitting a cheap set of HID's would be more of a hassle because it would all have to be rewired to accept the new ballast since its not easily plug and play because his car didnt come with halogens to begin with which is how HID kits are sold.

No, the JDM Halogens do not have a spot for the foglights, they are the same as the ones you get here only they have the yellow turn signal on the bottom instead of the top. And the projector is all screwed up just like the JDM HID headlights...

HMatt
07-15-2009, 12:07 PM
^ So not only would he have to fuck with his lights to try and fit some aftermarket HID's into them, but because he has an MR, and therefore has foglights, he would loose those too?

Dude, seriously... get a heatgun and paint your stock lights.

jdmcwestevo
07-15-2009, 12:21 PM
i can paint lights :) lol i have practice

HMatt
07-15-2009, 12:23 PM
i can paint lights :) lol i have practice

Yeah, as long as the dreml doesn't get away from you and fuck up the lenses.

Massimo Power
07-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Dremels have a paint feature?

Sweet...

LOL..

HMatt
07-15-2009, 12:36 PM
Nah... he hasn't tried it yet, but he has a crazy idea to use a dreml to get the lenses off instead of heat. I think he is going to fuck up some shit.

whitesnake
05-18-2010, 07:26 PM
This sounds bad! lol

burtomr
06-23-2010, 05:21 PM
Not a good idea. Talk to Evodave on EvoM, he's been taking apart headlights for years as a business.

HMatt
06-24-2010, 01:18 PM
^wow.... something relevent!

And I honestly wouldn't... I've had to fix quite a few of evodave's headlights for other people. I was not impressed. I'm cheaper, do better work, and can have them back to you in a day because I'm local.

Azian
06-24-2010, 01:27 PM
LOL I just pmed him so that he won't get banned^^^

HMatt
06-24-2010, 01:33 PM
^HAHAHA! Hopefully he reads it before he gets banned, and then creates another screenname and starts all over again!