PDA

View Full Version : Opinions and Suggestions for This Setup...

Evolve2GSR
04-04-2009, 11:33 PM
On an Evo X GSR:

*Apexi RS Evolution Catback Exhaust System
*AMS Widemouth Downpipe
*Greddy RS BOV
*ETS Stage 1 System

Any suggestions or comments about this setup... maybe switch something out for something you think has better performance? Thanks!

white9
04-05-2009, 12:45 AM
Why the BOV?

Evolve2GSR
04-05-2009, 12:50 AM
Why the BOV?

I guess its not necessary... how does the stock bov sound once the stock intake is replaced?

blkside
04-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Its fine and will prevent your next post from being " I got rolled by the cops". If you want the sound go ahead but check the for sale thread. There is like 10 X BOVs for sale....

Everything else is good...

scumdog
04-05-2009, 04:25 AM
stickers! you need LOTS of stickers everywhere!!!

Evolve2GSR
04-05-2009, 08:41 PM
stickers! you need LOTS of stickers everywhere!!!

hahaha, serious right!
So... I've been thinking and researching and this is my new setup idea:

*Apexi RS Evolution Catback Exhaust System (Already own, not installed yet)
*AMS 3" Widemouth Downpipe
*AMS 3" Testpipe
*AMS Cold Air Intake System
*AMS Upper and Lower Intercooler Piping

One question... regarding the test pipe I read this http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...mance.com.html And it talks about Federal and State laws... is this part illegal in CA?

Looney Tuning
04-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Here is my suggestion:

*Any exhaust that is 3 inch all the way. If you do not mind it being loud, then get an exhaust w/o any resonators. If you do not want it to be loud, then get at least one resonator.
*Any 3 inch downpipe.
*Any resonated 3 inch test pipe. A resonated test pipe quiets the exhaust down.
*AEM intake. The best for the CA market since it is CARB legal.
*Get the car tuned

Forget about the IC pipes. Only get the pipes if you want to get a bigger intercooler.

blkside
04-06-2009, 12:17 PM
One question... regarding the test pipe I read this http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...mance.com.html And it talks about Federal and State laws... is this part illegal in CA?

Messing with the Cat in CA is illegal... gutting or removing and replacing with a TP... basically we should all drive a prius to make CA goverment happy.

Jooyoung99
04-06-2009, 01:57 PM
I've tried several exhaust options, and I think the best one was with rally cat mid-pipe, and a single exit catback from RRE. It wasn't too loud. No CEL. My car made 350 whp with ETS Intercooler, IC Pipes, Intake and those two above with Ecutek tune.

Evolve2GSR
04-06-2009, 02:58 PM
im going: ams downpipe and the ams hfc, ams cold air and cobb ap... as far as being legal goes... screw it, im going balls to the floor! haha

evazerone
04-12-2009, 07:15 PM
Good luck with that. Your RR color will make you a target, but don't give them a reason for pulling you over. :police:

I'm considering a test pipe or an HFC too, but I can't decide.

viciouz
04-13-2009, 02:07 PM
I would get the

Apexi RS Exhaust and Downpipe
Aem Intake
and TUNE

Maybe get Apexi's new Coilover system too!!!