PDA

View Full Version : evo x: cossie cams stock tune question

toku-one
04-17-2009, 11:29 AM
i have the original flash in my evo x (thats right, straight from the factory)
currently have intake, o2/dp, turbo back, upper and lower i/c pipe, and 4" intercooler.

running an afr of 12.1-12.5

could i get the cossie cams (266 intake and exhaust) and run worry free til i get a tune? (and by run i mean daily drive)

and dont just say, get them and tuned at the same time, cause currently thats not likely gonna happen (because of time and my schedule)
ideally id like to get the cams installed at one place and then make time to get tuned somewhere else.

thanks for the input

toku-one
04-17-2009, 12:24 PM
yeah, good old 91.

blkside
04-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Well that doesnt sound right at all.. what are you using for an AFR reading....
-

toku-one
04-17-2009, 12:28 PM
it was on the dyno. i could post the stock to mod afr graph i guess

toku-one
04-17-2009, 12:36 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/11306/normal_afr.jpg

Mike W
04-17-2009, 01:17 PM
You would need to tune it before mashing on it. If your car is all leaned out like that with high boost and full timing you will be into the overall learned timing retard much of the time.

You could install the cams at the one shop and just cruise grandma style to the tooner with out blowing things up. I just wonder why there isnt a shop that can do both.

If you have a cat, remember the probe in the tail pipe is reading things cleaned up some.

Mike W

toku-one
04-17-2009, 02:11 PM
hah, well mike, i do know of a shop that can do both... and im pretty sure you do too.

i was just hoping to piece it together, but i guess ill just have to wait til i get the time.

thanks all for the input.

GokuSSJ4
04-17-2009, 02:39 PM
hah, well mike, i do know of a shop that can do both... and im pretty sure you do too.

i was just hoping to piece it together, but i guess ill just have to wait til i get the time.

thanks all for the input.

don't take the easy way out... Jeez Todd.. Get the car tune at the same time once you get the cams. Make arrangements n make this car a true champion. Don;t take a route that later on you might regret, specially with running afr in the lean side.

toku-one
04-17-2009, 03:31 PM
im not trying to take the easy way out tom!

doing it over two days compared to one is probably the harder way to do it.
and now that i know i really cant, ill wait until i can take a full day.

if only i lived closer