PDA

View Full Version : ACD Fliud Question

ryu8200
04-18-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm just trying to understand how the ACD system works,

How does the ACD fluid level vary?

If you can bleed the system doesn't this mean it's a closed loop system? So where does the fluid go?

Last just like brake fluid or oil, when the ACD fluid becomes old what are negatives that can impact the system.

My car has 53XXXX miles and is an 06 should I look into flushing the ACD Fluid? The fluid in the reservoir looks fresh but who knows what it looks like down stream.

Thanks

Jason

littlejap33
04-19-2009, 07:09 PM
just suck it out put new stuff in and drive around then suck it out and put some in hahah thatll flush some of it

ryu8200
04-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Thanks can anyone explain why the fluid level varies?

pikadosboy
04-21-2009, 08:38 AM
Are you a Freaking engineer or what?

ryu8200
04-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Are you a Freaking engineer or what?

lol, nope. I just would like to understand how the system works.

ryu8200
04-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Anyone?

Massimo Power
04-24-2009, 10:01 AM
The fluid is preasuized to move clutch plates inside the center diff..

If you let the car sit there the fluid level will rise to a normal level most likely because the system isnt preasureized..

Once you set to activate the ACD (WOT with key in the ignition) The ACD pump preasureized the system accordingly to the situation. At this time it has move and preasureized clutch packs which uses fluid..

The fluid in the end will lose viscosity and its general dynamics of how it works just due to age. The fluid doesnt need to ever really be Flushed according to the instruction manual but it wont hurt to bleed out the system everytime you do a clutch job. Which is a normal procedure on an ACD car when replacing the clutch.

Hope that helps...

ryu8200
04-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Sweet thanks Massimo. I'll have you do that then when you change my clutch.