PDA

View Full Version : How come I still cannot post in the FS section?

FI
04-23-2009, 10:03 AM
I have lots of posts and I do not consider them spam, but who knows. I pmd terenus and recieved no reply. What can I do? I hope I do not get banned for this. These evo forums seem to wave the ban stick like it is the cool thing to do.

I have been on s2ki, nasioc, iwsti, awj, etc for years and have never had as any issues with selling or banning and I have been having a hell of a time on evo forums with both these issues.

Someone please help and do not ben me. I am fairly active member in my previous communities but this community does not seem very accepting, what gives?

CRX2EVO
04-23-2009, 10:08 AM
ban

j/k

You don't really have that many posts and not all of them count either.Â* There is a minimum character count for a post to count towards your total.

keep up the good posts and some day you'll be able to post in there

j_nizzle
04-23-2009, 10:10 AM
i think it's your post count/content.

you need a certain amount of posts outside of "off-topic". all your posts need to have a certain amount of characters to be considered valid.

unfortunately, this forum is more of a community and less of a marketplace so the rules are gear toward getting members be more active instead of those with an agenda to sell, hence the vendor status for some members.

S2myEVO
04-23-2009, 10:13 AM
yeah get i think its about 20-50 legitimate posts?

then you can sell your stuff

blkside
04-23-2009, 10:15 AM
your neeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww... j/k ... makes some big posts and soon you will be let in to the dark side.

FI
04-23-2009, 10:18 AM
What is the minimum character count? How much is vendor status?

I really do not plan on selling lots of parts i would just like to get rid of some stuff that came with my car.

Why is the ban stick swung so quickly? No warning just bam gone. at least that is how it is on EvoM. I have never seen anything like this on other forums. I thought nasioc was bad.

S2myEVO
04-23-2009, 10:20 AM
character count? hm....really long?

just go here and start whoring it up. your post count will be up in no time. LOL

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=14733.3015

j_nizzle
04-23-2009, 10:27 AM
What is the minimum character count? How much is vendor status?

I really do not plan on selling lots of parts i would just like to get rid of some stuff that came with my car.

Why is the ban stick swung so quickly? No warning just bam gone. at least that is how it is on EvoM. I have never seen anything like this on other forums. I thought nasioc was bad.

if you're just selling some parts off your car, just make some more posts and make one thread with all the items included.

the vendor status is too much for someone just trying to part out their car. not worth it.

the ban stick here is not as brutal as evom per se. most of the bans are temporary...3-days to a week...unless you deliberately ignore the rules. you will have been warned before a ban.

CRX2EVO
04-23-2009, 10:30 AM
True that a warning usually comes first. EVOM is just nuts with bans.

ultraflip
04-23-2009, 10:39 AM
QQ

GokuSSJ4
04-25-2009, 09:36 AM

just go here and start whoring it up. your post count will be up in no time. LOL

posting things in the Off topic section wont help at all, since those posts dont contribute to the requirements in the FS section.
Also in order for a post to count it needs 75+ characters

FI
04-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Bingo, thank you. That is good to know.

posting things in the Off topic section wont help at all, since those posts dont contribute to the requirements in the FS section.
Also in order for a post to count it needs 75+ characters

xchosun1x
06-08-2009, 12:51 PM
oddly enough, my old account used to be able to access the 'for sale' account. Then all of the sudden, the rights went away. PM'ed the mod's with no result. Dont know how or why this happened, but now i have a new account.

haha
strange things

Evolutionized
06-08-2009, 12:57 PM
hmm it was a good idea starting this thread... now you and just post up in here and talk about how sweet your car is and anything else to get your post count up haha

oh yah +1 for me!

lol

raulsevo123
06-08-2009, 01:03 PM
i been on here for awhile and went from newbi to evolved back to newbie many times and now i cant sell non

GokuSSJ4
06-09-2009, 07:16 AM
hmm it was a good idea starting this thread... now you and just post up in here and talk about how sweet your car is and anything else to get your post count up haha

oh yah +1 for me!

lol

n when ever things get out of control it will results on a lock, delete or clean up... :) in order to keep things on topic n section related and not a place to post whore..

i been on here for awhile and went from newbi to evolved back to newbie many times and now i cant sell non

threads and posts do get deleted, n when ever that happens it will take an affect on your post count which has to do with your title.

jaydm73
07-01-2009, 12:58 PM

lol same thing happened to me a few times. Went from evolved back to newbie then from an experience member back to newbie again. this is lame

jaydm73
07-01-2009, 01:00 PM

oh yah +1 for me!

lol

n when ever things get out of control it will results on a lock, delete or clean up... :) in order to keep things on topic n section related and not a place to post whore..

threads and posts do get deleted, n when ever that happens it will take an affect on your post count which has to do with your title.

that makes alot of sense thanks for clearing that up

Speedf50
10-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Obviously I'm new and that's why I can't post in the FS sections, but I thought it was 20 posts min to get in?

I've been trying to make productive posts so I can put my miata up for trade and get me an evo :D. Then I'll be able to really participate on these forums.

*edit* nevermind lol, this post did it.

drmosh
11-18-2009, 05:52 PM
Please see this:

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=75207.0