PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to RE-TUNE my Evo X?

EvoSwaggA
04-29-2009, 10:03 AM
This is just a question that I have not got a solid answer to yet, so I'm hoping the socal tuners on here can give me guidance and possibly chime in a little. Currently I'm rockin the 3" CBE (catless) exhaust and AEM intake but do not have a DP yet. Do I have to re-tune my X once I get the DP? Thanks in advance

--Nick

mondizzie_evo
04-29-2009, 10:11 AM
I would wait for the dp that way you have a full turbo back. I am doing the same, just order my legamax exhaust. As soon as I have the full turbo back ...I am going back for a retune =)

EvoSwaggA
04-29-2009, 10:16 AM
^ thats what I was thinking, but wasn't getting a SOLID answer....thanks for your input

now what DP do I get? Hmmmmm........decisions...desicions :grin:

Alfred@TTech
04-29-2009, 10:17 AM
This is just a question that I have not got a solid answer to yet, so I'm hoping the socal tuners on here can give me guidance and possibly chime in a little. Currently I'm rockin the 3" CBE (catless) exhaust and AEM intake but do not have a DP yet. Do I have to re-tune my X once I get the DP? Thanks in advance

--Nick

Nick,

If you were tuned proper for the AEM intake and CBE and are now only adding a downpipe I wouldnt worry about a full retune. For piece of mind you could have the car logged just to verify but u should be good. Enjoy and Good Luck :mitsu:

Alfred

EvoSwaggA
04-29-2009, 10:20 AM
^ Perfect! Thank you Alfred

Reese Tuning
04-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Right on the money. Thats just what I was typing.

James