PDA

View Full Version : Hood Latch Release Cable Service Campain for Evo X

MexicanEVO
05-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Just wondering if any else received this notice yet?

R-EVOLUTION
05-03-2009, 11:25 AM
My brother just took his X to SCM for a issue with his seats and they told him that there was a recall on the Hood latches, that they are too tight and they brake just take it into the dealer and they will fix it......

strat10
05-03-2009, 02:35 PM
I got a letter in the mail about it.

HB Speed
05-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I got one for mine as well :D

Miss Evo IX
05-05-2009, 01:46 PM
yeah, i got a letter.

toku-one
05-05-2009, 01:51 PM
i also got the letter
i also just got denied for my seats cause it "wasnt in my file"
and now im over 36,000 miles. so i guess my loss!!!

HB Speed
05-05-2009, 01:58 PM
i also got the letter
i also just got denied for my seats cause it "wasnt in my file"
and now im over 36,000 miles. so i guess my loss!!!

ouch! I better stop lagging and get my seats fixed before 36k

toku-one
05-05-2009, 02:07 PM
make sure to be available during the week (cause apparently it cant be done on a saturday)... also, make sure that you make the appointment on the spot or they put it in your file. otherwise you might get the run around that i did.

SpySat
05-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Yep, got letter.

EvoSwaggA
05-05-2009, 06:04 PM
i got this same letter as well..

^the service should be able to be performed at all mitsu dealers right? OR am I supposed to take it to where I purchased the vehicle?

antics22
05-05-2009, 06:21 PM
make sure to be available during the week (cause apparently it cant be done on a saturday)... also, make sure that you make the appointment on the spot or they put it in your file. otherwise you might get the run around that i did.

what seat problems? the whole staple coming out of that seatbelt-holding-thinga-majeegee? SCM gave you the run-around?

808lanEVO
05-05-2009, 10:32 PM
got mines in the mail as well. I'll be looking to have it done next week, i hope. still gotta call SCM

MexicanEVO
05-06-2009, 09:11 AM

+1 on this one more details please.
what seat problems? the whole staple coming out of that seatbelt-holding-thinga-majeegee? SCM gave you the run-around?

Miss Evo IX
05-06-2009, 10:47 AM

hmm... I am wondering the same thing. What seat problems?

i got this same letter as well..

^the service should be able to be performed at all mitsu dealers right? OR am I supposed to take it to where I purchased the vehicle?

I believe you can get it done at any Mitsu dealer.

dongchad
05-06-2009, 10:27 PM
got the recall letter too about the hood latch cable but im not aware about the seats.

antics22
05-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Without hi-jacking this thread, there's a widespread "KNOWN" issue about the poor quality of our Recaro Seats....

Specifically with the fabric separating from the seat at the point where the fake carbon harness holes are... The fabric unravels itself and starts spitting out staples that jab into the back of your (or your passengers) neck like a small bat hiding behind you.

THe QUESTION IS: what are the dealers doing about it? Are they replacing the entire seat? or are they "repairing it" themselves via HOT GLUE and MORE STAPLES? etc?

and if not, what kind of RUN-AROUND are we getting on this? since its obviously a known issue. Maybe this deserves a new thread.

Wimploki
05-07-2009, 03:12 PM
In response to Antics22 comment above...

I'm sure that Mitsubishi will surely take it's time in regards to this issue or even admit that it's a serious defect. That is unless someone were to get really hurt by it (God forbid a poke in the eye) and decides to sue them head on.

I would really hate it if they were just to tack on a new staple to fix this problem.

antics22
05-07-2009, 03:40 PM
thats why im asking.. because i remember reading about the broken hood latch incident in April 2008. It took MMNA 1 entire year to admit it as a TSB and offer a recall/replacement. Prior to that, dealers were just spraying teflon lubricant into the cable.