PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody done the acd reflash

djibutievo87
05-17-2009, 07:10 AM
saw one of the vendors posting that they do this now, just wondering if anybody has done it and how their car drove after.

pikadosboy
05-17-2009, 08:04 AM
saw one of the vendors posting that they do this now, just wondering if anybody has done it and how their car drove after.
is the shit man!
you will love it, no more sliding the ass of the car in sharp turns.

HMatt
05-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Anybody have it done with a rear swaybar upgrade?

pikadosboy
05-17-2009, 11:29 AM
Anybody have it done with a rear swaybar upgrade?
i have jic, front and rear swaybars and rear bushings!

aguilar45
05-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Javier....which one did you opt for as a upgrade?

pikadosboy
05-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Javier....which one did you opt for as a upgrade?
if you dont have coilovers ill tell you to try this one!

Street: We can best describe this flash as "forgiving" with this unit there is an increased margin for error, giving the driver more confidence while allowing them to comfortably push the car to new limits. This reflash is the most mild improvement over stock, it is definitely a noticeable change but it will not be too aggressive for those looking to spend the majority of their time on the street and only a minor percentage at the track or in the Canyons. This reflash is primarily for those looking for a street able reflash that will offer an improvement over the stock unit's handling characteristics when you are engaged in any form of spirited driving. Last you will also notice a reduction in under steer as well as a lack of hesitation that the stock unit has when engaging the center differential.

Tarmac- Circuit

HMatt
05-17-2009, 02:22 PM
yeah, but alot of people are saying to go ahead and get the race, and the gravel setting ends up being close to the tarmac setting on the street version.

I'd say that could go either way. If you are planning on upgrading your suspension in the future or tracking your car, then yeah race.

If you only go to the occasional drag race and are going to be 90% on the street, I'd say get the street version.

pikadosboy, that's awesome, some people were debating on whether or not it would help that much if you had upgraded swaybars and such. Oh, and where did you order yours from?

airforce1
05-17-2009, 02:29 PM
hmmm wondered if there has been any evos with full suspension vs acd flash and whether there was any difference in driving feel.

xxblazexx
05-18-2009, 12:38 AM
fuck that i need my car to slide cause i love powerslidingggggggggggggg

Timujin
05-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Race flash done today. So far I like it very much. My tires (Toyo T1R) are way too loud though. I was only able to drive in a few familiar locations and I can tell a big change in behavior. I have a few onramps near my home that are very familiar and the car now goes where it is pointed under throttle. Pretty cool stealth mod IMHO.

xxblazexx
05-19-2009, 01:11 AM
hahahh awesome man im still enjoying being all over the rode go baby go

ebmaster
05-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Is there a setting for drag? I mean, can a acd reflash add better launches?

maikumaru
05-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Street flash is a waste of time and money. Â*If they were offering it for cheaper then it would be a decent deal. Â* Â*But I am not a big fan of the street flash at all. Â*Dont waste your time with it...still feels like stock but with quicker acd pump actuation.

the second setting (gravel) does not feel like any stock ACD setting. Â*If anything it is similar to a tune the Dynamic does not offer; p1

I am not sure what you are asking airforce1.
Suspension will help the dampening...and really accentuates the tuned acd ECU. Â*Personally looking through my suspension journey...I would do the ECU first...then everything else around that.

If you truly like to powerslide Blaze,
come on by dynamic one of these evenings...(shoot me a PM) and i will let you try out mine...in your car
it will change how you feel about the evo. Â*just dont crash...lol

good shit Tim!
enjoy!

Drag....hrmmm
fully lock is what you are looking for right?
I suppose the circuit tune could help you as the pump will actuate sooner than the stock setting.

xxblazexx
05-19-2009, 03:21 PM
hahahah do i truly like to powerslide???? its freakin blaze man of course i like to powerslide lol but i dont want to make it easier to powerslide lol i just like doing it with my settings i have now lol hahahah

KarbonEvo9
05-20-2009, 01:12 AM
and as soon as he blows his suspension setup, another one waiting in line! $$$$ :grin:

leaveit2bevo
05-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Race flash done today. So far I like it very much. My tires (Toyo T1R) are way too loud though. I was only able to drive in a few familiar locations and I can tell a big change in behavior. I have a few onramps near my home that are very familiar and the car now goes where it is pointed under throttle. Pretty cool stealth mod IMHO.

any more on that flash?

GokuSSJ4
05-25-2009, 11:34 PM
=I would love to see lap times results from the OEM settings on upgraded suspensions, sway, bushings and even consider whiteline components .. pretty much a muellerized stage 3 + vs getting flash..
For those that have done suspension already and would like to see an alternative solution on being able to control the ACD settings without buying an entire ECU for it, since this flash is now available..

Timujin
05-26-2009, 05:23 AM

any more on that flash?

Yeah. Because I haven't been to any tracks to compare lap times all I have to compare are short FWY on ramps that require early throttle in order to merge safely and a few corners/turns.

There is an on ramp in Diamond Bar for the 57FWY South at Sunset Crossing & Diamond Bar Blvd. It's an uphill right handed reducing radius curve. With the stock flash I would understeer while the boost came on (2nd gear) at the end of the curve. I had to get on the throttle as far on the inside as possible because by the time I got out of the curve I would have pushed/plowed out to the left well before the ACD had time to kick in and send drive to the rear. With the race flash set to tarmac, as soon as the front starts slipping under throttle the rear end is activated right away. It happens very fast and is surprising the first few times. The ACD balances the power which can be felt as a push from the rear especially when compared to the factory flash. I'm not saying the car feels RWD it feels AWD now. I have gone through some other second gear turns that are wider that have smoother pavement and I have intentionally nailed the throttle and the result is instant four wheel claw. In a nutsheel all turn exits under throttle are planted and very grippy feeling. FWIW I have only drained one tank of gas with this flash.

dj_subculture
06-03-2009, 08:40 AM
So which vendor(s) is doing the ACD flash?

Timujin
06-03-2009, 12:06 PM
http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=74905.90;topicseen

xchosun1x
06-08-2009, 09:12 AM
THis is definitely something next on my list.
Im thinking of setting it up with dynamic/gruppe s to check it out

maikumaru
06-08-2009, 09:42 AM
^What are your suspension upgrades so far?

If you are using big sway bars, the circuit flash or "p2" might induce too much oversteer.

the street flash or "p0" is closer to stock settings, but come to find out works really well with cars that have upgraded sway bars.

Goku,
you are always welcome to try mine out in your car. I have access to all 4 acd flashes as well.

or hell next time you are headed up to the track i will bring some extra, just let me know.

littlejap33
06-09-2009, 08:56 PM
this does sounds interesting.. i would love to see time slips to see if this is a good bang for buck .. =)

HMatt
06-10-2009, 06:53 AM

If you are using big sway bars, the circuit flash or "p2" might induce too much oversteer.

the street flash or "p0" is closer to stock settings, but come to find out works really well with cars that have upgraded sway bars.

Now, would that be upgraded front AND rear swaybars, or just rear?

maikumaru
06-10-2009, 09:39 AM

Now, would that be upgraded front AND rear swaybars, or just rear?

All of the above.

Remember though it comes down to your personal driving preferences/style.

my ralliart ecu though, if I had swaybars would be bad news for me...it is already easy to kick the tail out...with sway bars, it would be rediculous

bustriajb
06-12-2009, 03:56 PM

Goku,
you are always welcome to try mine out in your car. I have access to all 4 acd flashes as well.

or hell next time you are headed up to the track i will bring some extra, just let me know.

So are you a vendor? I'm thinking about trying this if I go to Cal Speedway this weekend (Sunday). Would like more info. You cam pm me. Thanks.

Jason

maikumaru
06-12-2009, 04:58 PM
I am not a vendor.

I have written much about this...it is the easiest mod you can do to your car....with great results. And knowing how dynamics works with this you can try it out for yourself for free.

if you want to try one out hit up capt Braydon at dynamic/Gruppe s

tanK
06-17-2009, 05:28 PM
Someone with a flashed ACD unit needs to come out to the track with me. Run a session with OEM, and run one with a flashed unit and compare lap times...

HMatt
06-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Jeez, Lake forest?

You have any distributers closer to oceanside so I can try out one of these little guys?

Timujin
06-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Jeez, Lake forest?

You have any distributers closer to oceanside so I can try out one of these little guys?

waaaa I drove from Moreno Valley & had a kick ass trip back.

HMatt
06-18-2009, 03:23 PM
Jeez, Lake forest?

Bite me! Gas = expensive.

Timujin
06-20-2009, 07:03 AM
Jeez, Lake forest?

Bite me! Gas = expensive.

Werd.