PDA

View Full Version : Tuned by RRE

silverride
05-24-2009, 10:05 PM
It seems I have taken an unconventional approach to adding mods to my X. So here it is. I don't have a stock baseline but the 321 hp is with AEM CAI, MBC, resonated cat, RRE stealth dual exhaust, and Cosworth Cams. Haven't done the down pipe, intercooler or any of attached piping so the car looks stock under the hood. Check out the torque after the tune! ;)

Jeffs2006EvoIX
05-24-2009, 10:11 PM
Those numbers must be from a DynoJet Right? Not bad at all....I am curious to see how the alumimum block holds up on these X's over time. I am sure they are pretty strong, but still curious. Nice Numbers though. Think I will get mine tuned on a Mustang Dyno just to get a comparo between the two types of dyno's. Both either way are not real important to me anyway, how the car drives is, but the numbers at least make you feel better when you blow your wad on parts!! haha.

Jeffs2006EvoIX
05-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Ooops my Bad didn't check your post well enough does say Dyno Pack, try getting tuned on a mustang dyno for shits and giggles, but don't cry afterwards, haha. Its how the car drives that is important.

1WkdEvo
05-24-2009, 10:15 PM
So your baseline is with the parts listed but without a tune and the final is same mods, but with a tune?

345/366 after everything is very damn good for 91 octane. X's rock the mods so well, congrats to you and nice work to RRE/Mike

blkside
05-24-2009, 11:26 PM
Nice numbers. I have had my car on that Dyno and on 2 other different dynos and the differences were 8 and 10 horses so who cares what dyno he is on.

silverride
05-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Yes, baseline is with parts but no tune. I am a teacher so every dime is spent on the parts, not on knowing where I started.

silverride
05-25-2009, 10:08 AM
So where would all of you go next with parts on my car? Start doing the UIP, LIP, and intercooler or straight to the injectors, Walbro and E85 tune? What everyones take?

AaronI1
05-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Scot tunes X's now?Â* Nice numbers BTW

DC_TypeR
05-25-2009, 11:05 AM
So where would all of you go next with parts on my car? Start doing the UIP, LIP, and intercooler or straight to the injectors, Walbro and E85 tune? What everyones take?

Get you a set of RRE Stealth Black IC Piping, with the ETS 4" Intercooler.
Then grab the ETS, or Ultimate Racing O2/Downpipe....

should be able to squeeze another 20-30 whp out of it, before you need Injectors/E85 toon.

1WkdEvo
05-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Scot tunes X's now?Â* Nice numbers BTW

Mike used to tune the X's, but Scot appears to also be doing it now.

silverride
05-25-2009, 12:04 PM
I love bang for the buck! IC piping, IC and downpipe will run me like 2 grand right? for only 20hp gain. Are these parts necessary before the injectors and E85 tune?

Wimploki
05-25-2009, 07:23 PM
If your thinking about spending another 2k, I would suggest using this money for suspension mod instead.

Drive safe and be on a lookout for :police:

ev0ninerr
05-25-2009, 07:56 PM
+1 on suspension work. Fast driver > Fast car.

silverride
05-25-2009, 08:23 PM
I have heard this before about the suspension. Very good point. My car already handles so well stock. I took it to the big track at Willow Springs and it was so much better than my VIII. And all the other rear engine cars for that matter! I love AWD. What is the cheapest I can do the suspension correctly? I have heard Meuller is the place to go. Are there other places? Does this thread now need to go to the suspension area? I am still up for opinions on the tuning aspect also. Thanks everyone for your input

xxblazexx
05-25-2009, 08:27 PM
i do think your intercooler is a good upgrade

Jeffs2006EvoIX
05-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Nice numbers. I have had my car on that Dyno and on 2 other different dynos and the differences were 8 and 10 horses so who cares what dyno he is on.

I mainly bring up the dyno type because different systems bring up different numbers. Everyone gets so caught up in the numbers that they forget drivability. Most mustang dynos show !0% less hp and tq than a Dynojet system, or even more in some cases. So use the Dyno as a tuning tool only and dont swear by the numbers. Heck even tuning a car in the morning vs. the afternoon can make a differnce of 10hp.

silverride
05-25-2009, 09:27 PM
I love the way my car rides but always want more!!!!! Oh the disease :twisted:

Wimploki
05-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Butt dyno ftw! :-P

Jeffs2006EvoIX
05-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Thats a good way of putting it, your BUTT Dyno haha.Â* What I have found as you will too, is that EVERY part you buy has its pro's and con's.Â* You gain HP here, Lose TQ there.Â* Gain TQ here Lose HP there.Â* So its a give and take, so buy parts and spend your money wisely.Â* Don't get ants in your pants, do your research first, it will pay off in the end.Â* As for RREÂ* they are one of the best there is and very good people there.Â* I have bought parts from them.Â* Good People.Â* They are just too far for me to drive for tuning.Â* I go to Reese Tuning in San Diego, and James and Alan both are very good at what they do.Â* Keep your eye on them, they are moving up, really fast, give the big dogs a run for their Money.

Mike W
05-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Scot tunes X's now? Nice numbers BTW

Mike used to tune the X's, but Scot appears to also be doing it now.

I have tuned 52 Xs, Scot has tuned a couple now too. Mostly it depends on what the schedule is, who is booked what day. Scot and I continue to teach eachother things even after 10+ years of tuning together. We have very different backgrounds and knowlege bases to combine.

If I remember correctly what car this was, your stock intercooler was holding things back some. Cooler intake temps would allow another degree of timing or two.

I have not seen any pattern of gains from from an upper (hot side) intake pipe alone. I do see about 15 hp from an intercooler and lower (cold side) i/c pipe upgrade when tuning vs stock intercooler cars.

Mike W

blkside
05-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Well let me tell you that I have a Wife Dyno...

We ran out the other night and I am on my "Grape Jelly" 100 Oct map...

from my wife " Oh god that pulls hard on you"
I was like what
Wifey " It feels so smooth and is steady"

*disclaimer* my wife knows cars and use to "publicly display her racing skills"

EDITED FOR ACCURACY:

As for RRE they the best there is and very good people there. Good People.

silverride
05-26-2009, 09:44 PM
Mike and Scot, you have done right by me every time and you will always get my referrals O0 No one leaves RRE unhappy. Thanks.