PDA

View Full Version : Any help would be great

RedBeauty
06-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Hey guys my bf was on the comp with me the other night and saw this thread and wanted to post.
Three years ago he had a bad accident and He has been looking for a job since he has now recovered but with times so tough right now he definitely can’t find anything. We have tried Craig list, monster, yahoo jobs, msn, friends, going on all the local company websites and submitting his resume and even the company I work for. He doesn’t have much experience since when his injury happened he was young and just doing warehouse. Yet he is a really quick learner and is really motivated to find something. He is located in the Lake Forest/ rsm area, so if any of you in this area know of anything it would be really helpful. Thanks!

GokuSSJ4
06-09-2009, 11:31 AM
If he's really interested on working period and expanding his exp on the field he shouldn't be picky just to get some time under his belt. If he's as good as u claim, he shouldn't have any problems to learn new skills and move up quicly within any company as times are tuff anywhere u go. We also have another thread within this section that offers the opportunity to nbe train in the education field, which allows him to obtain the necessary skills that are require in order to go into education.
I mean I can understand your bf got hurt but did he at least in all this time that he never worked bother to go to school in order to have better options in the work industry??

MJCT9A
06-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Has looked into any temp agencies? Do not rely on only the internet as most resumes go straight in the recycle bin. There are key words employers look for in a resume if they don't see them then its a wasted effort. Have a proffesional write the resume. He also needs to get off the couch and do some door to door application filing. Lastly he should try the unemployment office aka www.caljobs.ca.gov

Hope that works.