PDA

View Full Version : need help

cy08x
06-12-2009, 09:53 AM
So i've launched my car about 10 times and yesterday as i was launching car bogged and "service engine soon" light came on. I had very little power in the low rpm, when i was parking i had to give it a lot more gas to get the car to move.Â* ?Â* turned the car off few min later turned back on and things seem fine, but light is still on.Â* Â*Does anyoneÂ* nearÂ* Temecula or escondido have a code reader?

pikadosboy
06-12-2009, 10:01 AM
So i've launched my car about 10 times and yesterday as i was launching car bogged and "service engine soon" light came on. I had very little power in the low rpm, when i was parking i had to give it a lot more gas to get the car to move.Â* ?Â* turned the car off few min later turned back on and things seem fine, but light is still on.Â* Â*Does anyoneÂ* nearÂ* Temecula or escondido have a code reader?
ill suggest that keep launching your! that will fix it. JK check your ic piping it sound that one of the piping pop off, or you just kill your clutch.

cy08x
06-12-2009, 10:05 AM
but wouldn't a loose coupler or a "killed clutch" have these sympthoms 24/7? like i said once i turned the car back on things seemed fine other than the Service engine light

vesper-tsi
06-13-2009, 08:38 AM
i agree with DRJ1014

cy08x
06-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Why are you launching your car? There is no reason to launch your car unless you are on a closed track or drag.

Take better care of your evo.

don't worry about why i'm launching my car not your issue.Â* Â*if you can't help, don't post.

codeblue258
06-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Go to aamco and ave them read it for you...they do it for free.

besides that yea you shouldnt be launching your car on the streets...just giving evo owners a bad name.

cy08x
06-13-2009, 03:33 PM
^ don't you think i thought of that. I would but i have UICP, aem intake, cosworth cams, artisan exhaust w/hfc, twm short shift and a tune. Now everything is easy to remove but the cams and the tune (hbspeed 2.5hrs way). thats why i don't take it to the dealer.

anyways and if your wondering why i'm Learning how to launch my car, In town their is a 400hp sti and a early 2k M5 that don't know how to launch (but talk a lot of BS) and from a dig is the only way i'm gonna stand a chance. I don't attend illegal street racing, but we do plan on visiting a dry lake bed and have some fun.

cy08x
06-13-2009, 03:38 PM
Light went away today???? would AAMCO or anyone still be able to figure out whats wrong? (other than dealer)

codeblue258
06-13-2009, 05:12 PM
AAMCO wont be able to to tell you what the code was unless the SES is on...

Just dont beat on your car for now. Just drive it normal and hit high boost like evos are meant to do and have fun. dont launch...and if you do launch and the light comes back on go straight to aamco and have em check it.

What do you have done to the car??

codeblue258
06-13-2009, 05:14 PM
let me know when you hit up that dry lake bed...im definately down for some fun in the dirt brother!!!

get sidwayz!!