PDA

View Full Version : Downpipe Vs Oil Pan

Jeffs2006EvoIX
06-13-2009, 07:40 PM
Hey Guys and Gals, Im here again bringing up another subject that kinda concerns me. About 3 months ago, I had an Invidia O2 housing installed on my car. My Buschur Downpipe would not bolt to it because the Buschur piece was meant to be placed on the stock housing. It was late, and no one had an Invidia Downpipe laying around, so the shop took my downpipe to a welder, had them cut off my old flange on the Downpipe and put on a 3" one. All sounds good so far right? Ok, here is my question. The welds are good, all is good there, good quality work, but they had to cut about 3/8ths of an inch to maybe 1/2 inch off my pipe to weld the new one on. This, in turn raised the pipe that much closer to my oil pan. Now, the pipe is so close to my oil pan that you can't even put a finger between them. So to make a long story longer, I am curious if this will heat up my oil more? May not sound like a big deal in a cool climate, but I live in a very very HOT climate and oil temps are always an issure. I could put a new Invidia downpipe on, but am trying to not waste money unless its totally necessary. What do you guys think? Current Oil Temps in 90F heat thus far in normal driving about 85C, it gets to 120F where I am, and prior to this being done my oil temps would reach 90C in normal driving. Best to wait it out or am I being too cautious? Thanks for your Opinions in advance. If the question arrises, I run Royal Purple Racing 41 Oil, with a stock Oil Cooler.

Skiracer
06-13-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm around 80-90C in my oil temp in normal driving with Espelir 2.75" downpipe

ryu8200
06-19-2009, 09:09 AM
70C all day long unless @ the track then 110 to 125C