PDA

View Full Version : ACD Delete?

Jeffs2006EvoIX
06-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Just getting a feeler out for this idea for anyone who has done it, or knows anything about it.Â* Idea? Remove the ACD on the Evo 9, run it basically like an Evo 8 T/C.Â* I just have been hearing about this and not too sure exactly what else is detailed.Â* Word is that handling is "improved" over having the ACD along with shaving wieght of the car, and improved traction.Â* So your thoughts on this one.Â* Thanks all!

EVOMANIAC
06-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Ask Reese Tuning he knows how to do it

leaveit2bevo
06-19-2009, 09:26 PM
who told you handling is improved?

Jeffs2006EvoIX
06-19-2009, 09:29 PM
I realize James knows how bud. Just trying to get info on the subject. Thanks :)

eddieededy
08-06-2009, 07:08 PM
ACD gives u more locking power to the diff (128 psi wich is 3x more the VCU in a non ACD evo)

so ACD will allow ur diff to lock up quicker ( or slower if selected gravel, snow)

that will give u a better feel when accelerating and deselerating.

my openion on the ACD:

i like my non ACD evo.. i drove a ACD and it was not worth my maintenace $ and + i dont need no damn computers to do the driving for me.

Jeffs2006EvoIX
08-06-2009, 07:31 PM
I am not sure of the details but on the XI if you take the ACD out it locks better than in tarmac mode giving the car better overall grip. This would only apply on dry surfaces. On slippery surfaces it would criple the car. But from some I know that actually race their evo that have done this removal they claim better handleing. This is different than an Evo VIII whose center dif itself is different than the XI's not only ACD but the mechanical bits as well. Gurus correct me if I'm wrong. I chose not to do the mod for my car is more of a daily driven / weekend warrior than a full blown race car.

pikadosboy
08-06-2009, 08:33 PM
I am not sure of the details but on the XI if you take the ACD out it locks better than in tarmac mode giving the car better overall grip. This would only apply on dry surfaces. On slippery surfaces it would criple the car. But from some I know that actually race their evo that have done this removal they claim better handleing. This is different than an Evo VIII whose center dif itself is different than the XI's not only ACD but the mechanical bits as well. Gurus correct me if I'm wrong. I chose not to do the mod for my car is more of a daily driven / weekend warrior than a full blown race car.
the 05 have the same ACD that the Evo 9, if you want to improve the handling and acceleration, change your diff to a Quife or get the Dynamic acd flash!

HB Evo Owner
08-06-2009, 08:38 PM
if you want upgrade your differentials and you wont have to worry about ur ACD. over rated

Jeffs2006EvoIX
08-07-2009, 10:52 AM
I just find that most of the JDM Race Cars (curcuit) run ACD and AYC, and if you ever watch those Best Motoring Videos, they love the ACD and AYC and it did increase their times. I agree that given a perfectly set up Evo, with a very experienced driver they don't need it. But for all of us who think they can drive but really can't? Thats another story. At least the USDM X's come with ACD and AYC. As long as you can turn the Nannies off when you want would be cool for the die hards not sure if they JDM IX or the USDM X's can turn it completely off. If so, then they have the best of both worlds.

FI
08-07-2009, 11:08 AM
BM=propaganda

leaveit2bevo
08-07-2009, 11:37 AM

Robi has already done testing on this the ACD is faster.

Charlie@MFQ
08-07-2009, 11:51 AM
just get a non ACD transfer case and put in a Cusco 1.5 way LSD. fk ACDÂ* ;)

funks
08-22-2009, 06:14 PM
If someone were to put in non ACD transfer case on the 9 - my assumption is the ACD pump will have to be disconnected too right? Fluid Drained and removed, will the ECU keep throwing a cel?

Robdog
08-22-2009, 06:32 PM
^^When I put in my non acd t-case & removed the ACD pump, my 3 acd lights lit up. no cel

cal1mr
09-08-2009, 06:33 PM
I'd like to hear more about this. My evo is strictly tarmac now so changing the acd modes is useless for me. Last time I hit that button was probably close to three years ago.
Robdog, how does your car handle now that you did the conversion? What type of differential did you end up using? Any idea how much weight this procedure removed?

Jeffs2006EvoIX
09-09-2009, 03:24 PM
All I know is there are some winning race Evo's out there with this modification. Mind you this is Road Racing on a track, not drag racing, and mind you these are NOT daily driven vehicles. I think there is some merit to the modification, but for a DD I feel the ACD would be better left intact.

yooyooyoo
09-09-2009, 03:32 PM
if you did change the xfer case like charlie suggested then you could get the gsc center diff which splits the power 40/60 vs 50/50 as it is now. Could see significant advantages with that...

Plus you'd never have to worry about those three stupid lights blinking...