PDA

View Full Version : Shitt....Check

thisboyskill
06-28-2009, 09:13 PM
First let me say i looked around so if already posted ......please advice..... I just installed my Exhaust, test pipe and Intake about a week ago and yesterday my check (blah) came on.. I also had the car idle when at a stop go lower than usual going up and down like bogging but it doesnt effect driving situations. So anybody have any similar problems...? It seems like getting it tuned would be the solution from the other posts :'( :uglystupid2:

EvoPwr
06-28-2009, 09:14 PM
tunes always help O0

Massimo Power
06-28-2009, 09:16 PM
you Â*put a test pipe..

that means your rear 02 sensor reads that you dont have a cat.... so there for it throws a code which gives you a check engine light... its normal when you put on a test pipe..

If you want to get rid of it you would need an 02 fix made out of a spark plug non fouler or you can pick one up at RRE for like $20...

The Idle issue is probably the intake so its best to get tuned......

thisboyskill
06-28-2009, 09:24 PM
Right but my test pipe had the spacer..... and all plus it didnt throw it for like a week ...(just being a rookie though) and for the intake Im sure it needs to be tuned thx for input

Massimo Power
06-28-2009, 09:26 PM
hook it up to a code reader.. and pull up the code...

thisboyskill
06-28-2009, 09:28 PM
yep planning to do it tomorrow......Thx

JoeyM3
06-30-2009, 07:58 PM
what intake are you running? most of the open element intakes have a problem when you turn on the ac without a shield from the fan it will make the idle stumble

NativeSS
06-30-2009, 08:03 PM
what intake are you running? most of the open element intakes have a problem when you turn on the ac without a shield from the fan it will make the idle stumble

didnt know this, mine does it (running the AEM with no shield) maybe i'll throw it in

S2myEVO
06-30-2009, 08:05 PM
yeah on some cars it doesnt make a big difference though...my evo never had a problem with this.

blkside
06-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Right but my test pipe had the spacer..... and all plus it didnt throw it for like a week ...(just being a rookie though) and for the intake Im sure it needs to be tuned thx for input

Ok here is your issue and you can resolve it yourself... The spacers you get with the pipes arent large enough to compensate for being out of the exhaust stream so grab a 1/2" drill bit and hit that shit. I have $$$$$$ that you are throwing a 0420 code..

Mike W
06-30-2009, 11:52 PM
A spacer is a tunable part. Depending on the amount of back pressure in your exhaust system you may need a smaller or larger hole. SES light lights up if the sensor is seeing too much fumes or too little fumes. You need to be smarter than the ECU and the ECUs are getting pretty effing smart these days.

ECU only runs the cat check when you are steady state cruising for a given amount of time. So one dude can chase his shadow up and down the streets in his neighborhood all day for months with a sandwich, a tampon and a fire extinguisher for a homemade O2 spacer and never get a SES light. Another guy does all day every day commuting from Vegas to Torrance and gets SES lights with 7 different pro-built spacers no matter what. It's a crap shoot, no absolutes wiht the Xs.

Mike W

blkside
07-01-2009, 12:18 PM
fucking mike... a tampon huh?

Mike W
07-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Magyver style!!!

Mike W

Evolution Rob
07-03-2009, 01:56 PM
A spacer is a tunable part. Depending on the amount of back pressure in your exhaust system you may need a smaller or larger hole. SES light lights up if the sensor is seeing too much fumes or too little fumes. You need to be smarter than the ECU and the ECUs are getting pretty effing smart these days.

ECU only runs the cat check when you are steady state cruising for a given amount of time. So one dude can chase his shadow up and down the streets in his neighborhood all day for months with a sandwich, a tampon and a fire extinguisher for a homemade O2 spacer and never get a SES light. Another guy does all day every day commuting from Vegas to Torrance and gets SES lights with 7 different pro-built spacers no matter what. It's a crap shoot, no absolutes wiht the Xs.

Mike W

Have you seen the same SES problem with any high flow cats? Or is it mostly a test pipe issue?

Mike W
07-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Standard ceramic core HFCs seem fine, they clean up the exhaust properly.

100 cell metalic core cats need a spacer.

Mike W