PDA

View Full Version : Tuned the 100th Car Today

Looney Tuning
06-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Well, it finally happened. Today I Looney Tuned my 100th car. It was a 2006 Evo 9 GSR. The tune went so smoothly, I should have known it was special. We could not do a stock baseline since the owner showed up a bit late, but I might just post about it for S&G.

llvllattP
06-29-2009, 01:13 PM
congrats naji!!!

silvrEVOIXn818
06-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Congrats Naji! O0

Looney Tuning
06-29-2009, 01:21 PM
I still remember the first Evo 8 I ever tuned. It belonged to azul_gsr and it was knocking like crazy from its previous tune. It had 15 counts of knock. I was so scared to flash it the first time. But I was able to tune it, eliminate the knock and make as much power as it was making on the knock prone tune.

I then tuned several Evos for free and now I hit the 100th mile mark. It seems like yesterday.

Looney Tuning
06-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Thanks Guys...Here's to the next 100 cars. I love tuning cars :smitten:

llvllattP
06-29-2009, 01:28 PM
how long has it been since the first evo?

4G63 FEVER
06-29-2009, 01:35 PM

You keep this up you will have to quit your day job :grin: :grin:. I know fat chance of that happening.

Congrats and keep up the good work man!

Timujin
06-29-2009, 01:38 PM
:buck2:100 evos congrats Naji. Continued success. I still love my tune even in this 100 degree weather.

Looney Tuning
06-29-2009, 02:10 PM
how long has it been since the first evo?

The first Evo I flashed was in mid March 2007. Prior to that I had an Xede on my 05 Evo 8 that I tinkered with.

Looney Tuning
06-29-2009, 02:13 PM

You keep this up you will have to quit your day job :grin: :grin:. I know fat chance of that happening.

Congrats and keep up the good work man!

Hell no :grin: :grin: This will always remain a part time gig. My ultimate dream, though, is to open a shop at an airport hanger and use the back roads of the tarmac for logging and tuning. That will be far superior to any dyno in the world. O0 O0

dsmevo
06-29-2009, 02:16 PM
omg omg im the 100th car lol O0
naji ur the best!!Â* car is so much better now... sorry bout late tho lol

CRX2EVO
06-29-2009, 02:20 PM
I never would have guessed. Maybe you are legit.

SoCalRedLine
06-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Congrats naji that's a good number of happily satisfied customers O0

if you need any help with that airport tuning, I'm down :D

1WkdEvo
06-29-2009, 03:17 PM
Ill drive on the tarmac while you tune

obstacle1
06-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Congrats!

rex_05
06-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Congrats Naji! O0

evo ippo
06-29-2009, 06:34 PM
congrats

casperdomo
06-29-2009, 06:45 PM
Congrats Naji!!! WEHE!!! :D
Hell yah!
So i was the 99th car, them Dsmevo was 100th! NICEE!!! :D

RSR EVO
06-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Congrats!!!

dsmevo
06-29-2009, 07:07 PM
Hell yah!

did u get ur tune sunday???

dwnfdrknss
06-29-2009, 07:26 PM
CONGRATS naji.... if it wasn't for u i would've never gotten into evos as far as i have. 100 cars is a milestone. you make things personal with your writeups unlike all the other tuners out there. one could only hope to follow in your footsteps.

06evoMR
06-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Hell yah!

you finally got your tune? you needed it badly bro LOL. hows the car runnin now? funny how fairytale got a tune from him as well lmao.

greekven
06-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Congrats. I am honored to say that my car was one of the first ones to be tuned by Dr. Naji.

casperdomo
06-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Hell yah!
So i was the 99th car, them Dsmevo was 100th!Â* NICEE!!! :D

you finally got your tune? you needed it badly bro LOL. hows the car runnin now? funny how fairytale got a tune from him as well lmao.

LOL!!! I know huh!? :X

And yes, my car is running REAL GOOD! :DÂ* Amazing.....Naiji did his works and his proving grounds are sick, LoL! :)Â* Round 3 in couple months, gonna be fun, weehehe!!!
But yeah, i just need few more parts and i can reach my goal, wehehe!!!!! :grin:

casperdomo
06-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Hell yah!

Yeap. haha..... Sunday morning and in the middle of tuning, one of my boost hoses popped off and i just killed 20-30 minutes of tuning. :( MY FAULT for NOT zip tieing them. :(Â* Â**SORRY Naji!!!!*

dsmevo
06-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Hell yah!

Yeap. haha..... Sunday morning and in the middle of tuning, one of my boost hoses popped off and i just killed 20-30 minutes of tuning. :( MY FAULT for NOT zip tieing them. :(Â* Â**SORRY Naji!!!!*

haha dont trip my top intercooler hose pop off on the second run but lucking i had a screw driver in my ca
screwdriver ftmfw

casperdomo
06-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Hell yah!

haha dont trip my top intercooler hose pop off on the second run but lucking i had a screw driver in my ca
screwdriver ftmfw

LOL! DOOD, hahaha.....oHH mang!!! Yeah and Naji gave you mad shit because you ruined everything, LMAO, hahahahaa!!!
He did with me because i fucked up by not zip tying the damn hoses, LOL! Haha.... but he was being sarcastic! Love Naji!
But yeah, haha.....your car feels amazing huh!?! O0

baylorar
06-30-2009, 06:45 AM
Ill drive on the tarmac while you tune

ditto on this one.Â* ken block style.

congrats naji :D. I definitely had a blast the couple times we tuned (minus the shitty fuel pump incident :tickedoff:)

melachu
06-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Congrats naji, i still remember when you tuned my IX... i just needa get money so you can tune my X. haha

llvllattP
06-30-2009, 02:48 PM
hurry up and tune that ish mel!

Sam Smash
06-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Congrats !!!

Never quit your day job!! This is great money on the side but never to depend on. Think about this

100 cars so far. $200 each, and we know he used to whore out the prices of the tunes in the beginning. Thats $20k total. I would think that $20k money on the side is better than $20k a year and try to depend on that :)

Naji you need to tune of some the dealer customer cars. I am always selling parts that can use a tuner :)

Smash

danEvoIX562
06-30-2009, 03:49 PM
congrats Naji !!! now i need a tune!!!

dsmevo
06-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Hell yah!

Yeap. haha..... Sunday morning and in the middle of tuning, one of my boost hoses popped off and i just killed 20-30 minutes of tuning. :( MY FAULT for NOT zip tieing them. :( *SORRY Naji!!!!*

screwdriver ftmfw

LOL! DOOD, hahaha.....oHH mang!!! Yeah and Naji gave you mad shit because you ruined everything, LMAO, hahahahaa!!!
He did with me because i fucked up by not zip tying the damn hoses, LOL! Haha.... but he was being sarcastic! Love Naji!

haha maybe thats why he called me sunday night to tell me to make sure no hoses popped off and if things are clamped down lol

Alucard
06-30-2009, 04:41 PM
congrats

casperdomo
06-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Hell yah!

Yeap. haha..... Sunday morning and in the middle of tuning, one of my boost hoses popped off and i just killed 20-30 minutes of tuning. :( MY FAULT for NOT zip tieing them. :( *SORRY Naji!!!!*

screwdriver ftmfw

haha maybe thats why he called me sunday night to tell me to make sure no hoses popped off and if things are clamped down lol

EXACTLY!! lOL!!! :D

06evoMR
06-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Hell yah!

screwdriver ftmfw

no more funny idles bitch?

casperdomo
06-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Hell yah!

screwdriver ftmfw

LOl!!! Haha...nope......well only when the A/C is on, the idle is a little bit off, but that's it, other than that, everything is perfect. :) WEEHE!!! And it's real smoooth!!! WEEHEE!!!

06evoMR
06-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Hell yah!

screwdriver ftmfw

LOl!!! Haha...nope......well only when the A/C is on, the idle is a little bit off, but that's it, other than that, everything is perfect. :) WEEHE!!! And it's real smoooth!!! WEEHEE!!!

how about tune that bitch on straight meth! i got da hookups

Looney Tuning
06-30-2009, 05:24 PM
I tuned the 101st car today. With simply an exhaust (no downpipe, stock cat) and drop-in, this Evo 9 MR gained a max of 37 hp and 47 ft-lb.

dsmevo
06-30-2009, 06:25 PM
I tuned the 101st car today. With simply an exhaust (no downpipe, stock cat) and drop-in, this Evo 9 MR gained a max of 37 hp and 47 ft-lb.

Damn i wish i knew how much i gain... i wish i had a baseline

Looney Tuning
06-30-2009, 06:59 PM

Ahmmm...Well he showed up early @ 9:20 and we had enough time to do a baseline on the car :twisted: As I told you, traffic begins to build up after a certain time and we can no longer log on that on ramp. We had to skip the baseline since you got to my place late.

Looney Tuning
06-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Congrats !!!

Never quit your day job!! This is great money on the side but never to depend on. Think about this

100 cars so far. $200 each, and we know he used to whore out the prices of the tunes in the beginning. Thats $20k total. I would think that $20k money on the side is better than $20k a year and try to depend on that :)

Naji you need to tune of some the dealer customer cars. I am always selling parts that can use a tuner :)

Smash

Thank you Sam. I am never quitting my job. They will have to drag me out of the college :grin: Send them my way. I will tune as amny as you can send :grin: :grin:

dsmevo
06-30-2009, 07:38 PM

Ahmmm...Well he showed up early @ 9:20 and we had enough time to do a baseline on the car :twisted: As I told you, traffic begins to build up after a certain time and we can no longer log on that on ramp. We had to skip the baseline since you got to my place late.

lol sorry i was lateÂ* next time i wont be O0

S2myEVO
06-30-2009, 08:02 PM
i could have been one of the first naji tunes too... too bad im always broke. :2funny:

congrats naji i may need to get one of your tunes someday.

in the future i might let you tune a FP green HTA i will be getting.

should be fun!!! :D

casperdomo
07-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Hell yah!

screwdriver ftmfw

how about tune that bitch on straight meth! i got da hookups

I would love to. :) Haha.......BUT i am thinking about E85 too...... i just need some new injectors. [:

KarbonEvo9
07-02-2009, 02:48 AM
grats Naji! O0