PDA

View Full Version : Do a tune now or later?

eVolootion
07-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Hey guys,

I just bought my first evo, a rally red X SSS from SCM and I love it. I have already bought an AEM intake and MBC (set at 21 psi) and the dealership has installed them. I am planning on getting the Greddy TiC catback and possibly the ultimate racing downpipe. First off, should I get a tune now (from RRE) before I change up the exhaust and possibly the downpipe? Also, do you guys think it is worth it to get the downpipe along with the catback. Thanks guys, I am just getting accustomed to this new modification scene.

choicelaw
07-02-2009, 02:54 PM
Wait untill you swap the exhaust and downpipe before you tune. Fo sho.

thisxguy
07-02-2009, 02:54 PM
if you're planning on changing your exhaust soon, i would wait to get the tune after. Â*i say get the tune after you're satisfied with the amount of power mods you have. Â*then you can enjoy your car as is and not worry if one part is messing with your car because it was tuned without it. Â*so you can have it retuned later when its time to throw more mods onto the car.

jaydm73
07-02-2009, 02:56 PM
for sure wait till u installed the downpipe and exhaust before getting tune. and if ur planning to get more power mods in the near future u can wait for that too then get tune

eVolootion
07-02-2009, 03:15 PM
awesome, thanks a lot guys! I really appreciate all your input!

VIGIL_IX
07-02-2009, 03:25 PM
If you decide to put the exhaust on way later get the tune soon. I put an intake on my IX with no tune and it leaned my shit out bad. Felt worse after the intake than before when it was stock.

tanK
07-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Do all the mods then tune... preferrable within a close timeframe.

silverride
07-02-2009, 05:00 PM
I did all my mods first! Why pay for a tune twice if you know what you want in the end? Get the cat delete (resonated) and RRE Stealth dual exhaust so the Po Po leaves you alone and slap some cams in that bad boy and then tune ASAP so you don't blow it up. The down pipe is not worth the money for return in performance IMO. Plus you should do that when you do the clutch if you really want the down pipe (the stock down pipe is not bad), why pay labor twice. Cams are the great buy and give huge torque for about the same money.