PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DEH-P5100UB ??

getting_evo_soon
07-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Does anyone have this ? I’ve got such a great deal on this unit and I was wondering about the quality of it over stock unit but still stock speakers.

Thanks !

llvllattP
07-07-2009, 11:44 AM
bump for daniel!!!

hey daniel you coming out tonight with charlie to get some food?!

getting_evo_soon
07-07-2009, 11:45 AM
bump for daniel!!!

hey daniel you coming out tonight with charlie to get some food?!

dude im not daniel haha ... daniel's sn is dp310. Im his friend ..

llvllattP
07-07-2009, 11:47 AM
dude i fail haha my bad

mrobs15
07-07-2009, 11:47 AM
That is a good unit, only bad thing is that it doesn't come with the Bluetooth or the HD radio included, just "ready" for the add-on pieces, Pioneer in car bluetooth is the freaking business man.

getting_evo_soon
07-07-2009, 11:59 AM
That is a good unit, only bad thing is that it doesn't come with the Bluetooth or the HD radio included, just "ready" for the add-on pieces, Pioneer in car bluetooth is the freaking business man.

anyways u gotta pay for the hd radio service right? and blootooth i just need to buy the adapter?
besides that this unit is a good piece ?
thanks.

mrobs15
07-07-2009, 12:17 PM

anyways u gotta pay for the hd radio service right? and blootooth i just need to buy the adapter?
besides that this unit is a good piece ?
thanks.

Yeah, that bluetooth thing is like 200 bucks though if i remember right. You may try looking up the next step up model.. it comes with the bluetooth ready.. not the HD radio though, but the way i see it is with the ipod connection who needs that.

getting_evo_soon
07-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Yea, cuz im getting it for $100 so …I was just wondering if with this head unit ill have more sound quality over the OEM unit, but still using OEM speakers.
I don’t need blootooth kkk I use hearphones they are the best =p
I just need that Ipod cable right?

mrobs15
07-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Yea, cuz im getting it for $100 so …I was just wondering if with this head unit ill have more sound quality over the OEM unit, but still using OEM speakers.

Yeah if it is the whole package, it comes with a cable that goes into the back of the head unit, then comes out to a female usb connector, just connect your ipod cable to that, and you're golden, and i have a pioneer unit with stock speakers, and it sounds better to me, not as good as after market ones would, but still better.

you just need to play with the settings to find the best bass/treble levels for the type of music you prefer.

getting_evo_soon
07-07-2009, 01:06 PM

oh so i dont need to buy anything right?
because i saw a picture of it .. it has a usb conector in the front. and the ipod cable is conected in the back?
there is a aux conector in the front too ..
yeah ... im buying this to get better quality..i listen to a lot of jazz .. so i want to hear the bass lines very clear and boomy =)
thanks for the help anyways =D

Yeah if it is the whole package, it comes with a cable that goes into the back of the head unit, then comes out to a female usb connector, just connect your ipod cable to that, and you're golden, and i have a pioneer unit with stock speakers, and it sounds better to me, not as good as after market ones would, but still better.

you just need to play with the settings to find the best bass/treble levels for the type of music you prefer.

mrobs15
07-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Oh wait you are right, the new ones have usb in the front, so you are good to go there, listening jazz i would really recommend going with after market speakers, help clean up that sound.

Drifting Away
07-12-2009, 03:04 PM
yea this is a great unit.