PDA

View Full Version : New Blitz Intake Manifold/Surgetank for X

Mister
07-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Great looking part. Construction looks like its OEM. O0
Not sure of performance results, but it looks like Blitz did some homework. Cool to see Blitz still making cool parts.....they have been fairly quiet in the industry the past few years...

abu
07-07-2009, 04:54 PM
There's a guy on the evom forums with it.

Mister
07-07-2009, 05:10 PM
^And thats how I learned about it. I used his pics.

llvllattP
07-07-2009, 05:11 PM
how much do these retail?

antics22
07-08-2009, 01:10 AM
theyre pricey.Â* Â*Before the omgwtfbbqrs come and kill this thread, yes it is JDM pricing....

I believe $2200 is the msrp with a street price closer to $1800...Â* Â* Its double the capacity of the stock intake manifold but I dont think the benefits will be evident unless you attach an aftermarket turbo along with this...Â* Â*According to blitz, this thing picked up around 22lbs of torque and 8 HP without any additional mods if i remember correctly...

GokuSSJ4
07-08-2009, 01:37 AM
theyre pricey.Â* Â*Before the omgwtfbbqrs come and kill this thread, yes it is JDM pricing....

I believe $2200 is the msrp with a street price closer to $1800...Â* Â* Its double the capacity of the stock intake manifold but I dont think the benefits will be evident unless you attach an aftermarket turbo along with this...Â* Â*According to blitz, this thing picked up around 22lbs of torque and 8 HP without any additional mods if i remember correctly...
r those gains on a stock turbo??
I hardly doubt that would be the case if so, since most IM attend to loose power at one point or another on a stock frame turbo. A perfect example would be the wilson v2 on a stock turbo and stock cams.
Unless like mentioned you plan to upgrade the turbo, that's a lot of $$$ bling bling 2k not being used to its full potential at all...

GFloresV2
07-08-2009, 02:13 AM
+1 to that....

if you figure these manifolds are made to supply more air.. and have a bigger capacity then the stock version... it will tend to lose power with a stock turbo since it cant flow enough to make it worth it.

i always take it as.... if you throw a big turbo on the car.. your flowing more lb/min from the turbo at higher boost... so the stock manifold will become some kind of restriction... this is the point you upgrade it and it take all blocks away from the powerband.

i know it seems kind of a simple way to think of it... but i think the basic fact of it is that. O0

regardless... its a super nice piece O0