PDA

View Full Version : New maps for the Evo X

Looney Tuning
07-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi Loonistas,

I am in the process of testing new maps on the mule, aka, Gear Grinder's Evo X. I love working with GG. He is willing to try new things to see if they work. Moreover, he is just a few minutes away from where I live. Here is what I am working on:

1. New throttle mapping for the Evo X GSR. We just started testing today. The most important thing to see is if the mapping triggers a CEL. GG is reporting to me that he feels a difference in the throttle in the mid-range, but nothing at the low end. He has not tested WOT yet. That jives well with the changes in the map since the low end is not modified, but the mid range is.

2. New more aggressive intake Mivec mapping. This will be next. In a week's time I will flash the mule with the mapping and test to see if it triggers any CEL. Then we will go back to the previous mapping and do a before and after logs to see if there are any hp gains.

3. I have logged several cars with the AEM intake and I have noticed that the Intake Air Temps (IATs) do not drop much (maybe 1* F) during WOT operation. I have a theory that this so because AEM used a filter with no filtering element in its mouth. As the air goes through the snorkel, it has to go around the mouth of the fitler into the filtering element. I will be doing a before and after test with the AEM filter and a cone filter that has a filtering element in its mouth. I use that filter on my race car and it fits in the AEM box with the lid on. My hypothesis is this filter will allow IAT to drop further than the AEM filter that the kit comes with.

If testing on number 1 and 2 proves successful, I will start implementing the changes on Evo Xs. I will retro-actively implement the changes on Evo Xs that I have tuned in the past FREE of charge.

ApexSilverX_Guy
07-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Sounds good Naji
keep up the good work

mondizzie_evo
07-12-2009, 01:00 PM
sound exciting.. cant wait for the results
keep up the good work Naji

RALLInspired
07-12-2009, 01:56 PM
do you already implement any exhaust mivec maps?

evogeo
07-12-2009, 02:43 PM
3. I have logged several cars with the AEM intake and I have noticed that the Intake Air Temps (IATs) do not drop much (maybe 1* F) during WOT operation. I have a theory that this so because AEM used a filter with no filtering element in its mouth. As the air goes through the snorkel, it has to go around the mouth of the fitler into the filtering element. I will be doing a before and after test with the AEM filter and a cone filter that has a filtering element in its mouth. I use that filter on my race car and it fits in the AEM box with the lid on. My hypothesis is this filter will allow IAT to drop further than the AEM filter that the kit comes with.

how about a drop in filter and a silicone turbo inlet like this one --->> http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/show/535/Turbo-Inlet-Hose?category=3&model=26

would be cheaper and stealthier ;)

changing the throttle maps should interesting ;)

Looney Tuning
07-12-2009, 03:15 PM
do you already implement any exhaust mivec maps?

Yes I do. But I am not changing it much.

CICreations
07-12-2009, 04:01 PM
I am in the process of testing new things on my mule, aka, Gear Grinder.Â* I love how He is willing to try new things to see if they work. Moreover, he is just a few minutes away from where I live.

I love him for the same reasons.Â* Â* :gheyfight:

ahhh, J/K J/KÂ* Very interesting to see the results!

-CI

Looney Tuning
07-13-2009, 01:00 PM
On the throttle mapping, so far so good. No CEL. Talked to GG this AM and he likes the new mapping a lot. His words: "Everytime I come to see you I love my car more."

I made more changes the the throttle mapping. I will flash that in on Tuesday. I will keep doing incremental changes until a) we trigger a CEL or b) GG does not like the throttle feel anymore. GG is very much in tune with his car. He wants a more aggressive throttle, but not an on/off switch. Once he tells me that we have reached the optimal throttle response w/o triggering a CEL, then that is the mapping that I will use for all the other cars. I trust GG's judgement on this.

evogeo
07-13-2009, 01:10 PM
does the throttle now open 100%? or does it still stay at 80something%..(i read somewhere else that at full throttle it still only opens up 80 something%.. i may be wrong)

Looney Tuning
07-13-2009, 01:24 PM
does the throttle now open 100%? or does it still stay at 80something%..(i read somewhere else that at full throttle it still only opens up 80 something%.. i may be wrong)

The stock mapping shows 87% when the pedal is to the metal. I have not logged the car at WOT to see what we get. I will report when I log, but I have a feeling that it will stay at 87% regardless of what we do to the mapping since the WOT section of the mapping is at 100%.

casperdomo
07-13-2009, 01:38 PM
Naji, strikes a good one again! :D

WEHEHEEE!!!!!!!!!

Gear Grinder
07-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Nahji I got to test some WOT driving. It progressively gets more responsive as you climb in rpm's. Wow you really don't need to plant your foot much once you are up in the upper rpm range :-o

Looney Tuning
07-27-2009, 09:20 AM
Hi guys,

The throttle mapping is ready. If you want it, call me up and make an appointment so I can flash your car with it.

Naji