PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change in El Cajon, San Diego?

Evolve2GSR
07-19-2009, 08:00 PM
So I got my first oil change at the dealership... $100 later I knew I would not be going back, haha. Anyone know a good place to go in El Cajon, San Diego area? I would do my own, but I dont have a place, or the tools to get under my car.

S2myEVO
07-19-2009, 08:20 PM
its not that hard...

go to the dealership? pep boys? jiffy lube? reese tuning?

Evolve2GSR
07-19-2009, 08:34 PM
its not that hard...

go to the dealership? pep boys? jiffy lube? reese tuning?

ya i know its easy. Ive never taken any of my past cars to get the oil changed, always did it myself... just where i live now and the lack of lifts make it difficult... you really trust pep boys or jiffy lube to do it? ill give james a shout out too

S2myEVO
07-19-2009, 08:39 PM
oil change isnt incredibly hard if you want it done right go to reese since its closer to you.

all you really need is a jack...even the stock jack will suffice. just need a jackstand to put it on.

Evolve2GSR
07-19-2009, 11:19 PM
oil change isnt incredibly hard if you want it done right go to reese since its closer to you.

all you really need is a jack...even the stock jack will suffice. just need a jackstand to put it on.

ya... maybe ill just go out and invest in a jack and/or some jack stands... I hate other people messing with my car when I don't know who they are and what their intentions are, hahaha.... guess thats one reason why its good to take it to people you know, like reese.

sdracerevo8
07-20-2009, 12:37 AM
Just go to reese. They open on tuesday at 9am.

jdmcwestevo
07-20-2009, 12:54 AM
NEVER GO TO PEP BOYS OR JIFFY LUBE OR WALMART my friend is going through so much bullshit right now because of their shit. his motor is toast and now he has to go after them to get it paid for. either a reputable shop, a friends or urself i've seen it so many times where those places screw it up. i had a jiffy lube tighten my oil filter on so tight i ripped the filter and outter shell off before losening it. we had to cut off the filter to get to the nut that u screw onto the feed i guess and use vice grips to get it off completely. you have no idea how much of a bitch that was. i will never trust them to do anything because they are paid minimum wage and have no knowledge of cars other than a 4 min class someone with no knowledge gave them and so on. and wat dealer charged u 100 bucks?! shoot me a pm im in oceanside i can help u out let me know

Evolution Rob
07-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Go to Ball Mitsu in national city. Its like 20 mins away. They only charge $75 for an evo oil change and they wash your car too.

Evolve2GSR
07-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Go to Ball Mitsu in national city. Its like 20 mins away. They only charge $75 for an evo oil change and they wash your car too.

Do you know if they do like a 27 point inspection also... some places do... just wondering, dont NEED it, but if they do thats a +

Evolution Rob
07-22-2009, 04:13 PM
Not sure if they do the inspection with the oil change. Go there and ask for matt (service mgr). He's a former dsm owner and a pretty cool guy. I'm sure he can find a way to hook you up.

Evolve2GSR
07-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Not sure if they do the inspection with the oil change. Go there and ask for matt (service mgr). He's a former dsm owner and a pretty cool guy. I'm sure he can find a way to hook you up.

are they pretty cool about modded cars and not scratching out the warranty?

Evolution Rob
07-22-2009, 04:43 PM
I haven't had to bring in the evo for any warranty work besides the stereo. So I'm not sure how they would handle drivetrain warranty work with mods. But I do have a fmic, uicp, licp, intake, 3" exhaust, test pipe, and tune and they've never mentioned anything to me.

Evolve2GSR
07-22-2009, 04:45 PM
I haven't had to bring in the evo for any warranty work besides the stereo. So I'm not sure how they would handle drivetrain warranty work with mods. But I do have a fmic, uicp, licp, intake, 3" exhaust, test pipe, and tune and they've never mentioned anything to me.

thats all i needed to know ;)