PDA

View Full Version : evo x logging/evo scan/mode23 - anyone want to be nice enough to teach me?

toku-one
07-22-2009, 12:14 PM
things i have:

evo x - check
evoscan - check
ecuflash - check (since i think something has to be done to enable mode23 for logging)
Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 - check (thursday)
laptop - check
no idea what im doing - check

now, im not a moron. i work scripting audio into video games for the last 10 years...
ive just never logged a car, used evoscan, and i know the x isnt as friendly as the 8/9
so showing me the ropes should be a lot less painful than teaching your parents how to use email.

im just looking for a nice crash course so i dont ruin anything.

if anyone can help (via im, pm, email, or in person)
id really appreciate it.

thanks
-todd-

blkside
07-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Are you just trying to log? Have you ever used any of the programs before?

toku-one
07-22-2009, 12:52 PM
yeah i just want to log.Â* i dont plan on ever tuning my own car.
the only reason for ecuflash is cause you have to change 3 values in order to run mode23 so that you get all the good stuff
(http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums/424376-evo-x-logging.html)

and no, ive never used any of them before, which is why i dont plan on attempting to do anything without the assistance from someone who has.

Looney Tuning
07-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Hi Toku,

I can set you up for free. PM me and let us exchange phone numbers.

Naji

toku-one
07-22-2009, 02:25 PM
naji - ygpm. thank you much
-todd-

Evolutionized
07-22-2009, 02:26 PM
^^ what a nice guy

toku-one
07-22-2009, 02:39 PM
agreed

we are kinda spoiled out here with so many exceptional tuners and individuals in this community.

blkside
07-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Yeah.. where are you located... Ive logged quite a few cars so if you need any help just yell.. im always around..

toku-one
07-23-2009, 10:38 PM
i just want to give a big thanks to naji for helping me get mode23 on my car and showing me

its greatly appreciated

i also want to thank everyone else who offered help.

now all i have to do is figure out how to put the xml into graph so i can kinda understand it