PDA

View Full Version : Greddy Infometer Touch

808_EVO
07-24-2009, 07:04 AM
I just got my Infometer Touch from EVASIVE and it's SWEEEEET!! O0 O0 O0
You can find it here:
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EM&Product_Code=GREDDY-16001604

Notes:
-If you connect the red plugs, you don't need to use the cigarette lighter and can get power off of the OBDII port.

-With the CAN output, the data is in realtime!
(With my S2k and using a similar OBDII infometer, there was a significant delay making the tach features, etc unusable)

-Able to read boost off of my ECU!!!

-Warning alarms work great as shift beeper.
(In order to get a comfortable driving position, the way I have my steering wheel adjusted blocks my tach so this is perfect!)

-With the additional sensors you can order, you can get boost, oil temp, and oil pressure all in one gauge

I know you'll ask for pics so I'll try and get some pics uploaded today when I get home from work. I installed this thing at 5:30 this morning before leaving for work so didn't have much time to take picsÂ* :uglystupid2:

FreddysEvolutionIX
07-24-2009, 08:03 AM
Yeah man keep us updated with pics and if possible with video too.

I thought about getting this but didn't like the idea of connecting it to a cig. lighter port or the OBDII port. If only there was a way to splice it in to the wires for stealth. That would be bad ass.

808_EVO
07-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Yeah man keep us updated with pics and if possible with video too.

I thought about getting this but didn't like the idea of connecting it to a cig. lighter port or the OBDII port. If only there was a way to splice it in to the wires for stealth. That would be bad ass.

Sorry if I wasn't clear but you don't need to splice anything. The harness that's supplied has bullet connectors that you connect together. I didn't want to use the cig lighter either and was really happy when I found I didn't need to.

CICreations
07-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Connect it to the cigarette lighter for power? Â*Dude...that's where the radar detector goes??!! Â*Think man! :D

808_EVO
07-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Connect it to the cigarette lighter for power? Â*Dude...that's where the radar detector goes??!! Â*Think man!Â* :D

What are you guys talking about??? :uglystupid2:

If you connect the red plugs, you don't need to use the cigarette lighter and can get power off of the OBDII port
Power from the OBDII port = O0 O0 O0

FreddysEvolutionIX
07-24-2009, 03:44 PM
Connect it to the cigarette lighter for power? Â*Dude...that's where the radar detector goes??!! Â*Think man!Â* :D

If you connect the red plugs, you don't need to use the cigarette lighter and can get power off of the OBDII port

That's what I'm talking about. I don't want it connected to the OBD, it's still exposed.

808_EVO
07-24-2009, 07:47 PM

That's what I'm talking about. I don't want it connected to the OBD, it's still exposed.

Actually, the OBD port is just clipped in there. I unclipped it and now everything is nice and tidy under the dash.

On thing I did notice was that the boost readings via OBDII interface are capped at 22.3 psi. Naji provided me some excellent insight in that, the CAN data is capped at 22.3psi. That said; I had already purchased the external sensor adapters for boost, oil temp, and oil pressure and the boost is working great now. I didn't install the oil sensors since I just changed my oil, but will be installing them during my next oil change...

Overall, GREAT product!!

strat10
07-27-2009, 08:31 AM
very cool, I was looking at the ARK design instrument, but this one looks better!