PDA

View Full Version : BLOX Racing Engine Roll Stopper / Pics

MinusPrevious
07-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Just installed theÂ* BLOX Racing Engine Roll Stopper on the advice of one of our own, sxe_davexxx (BTW, thanks Dave for making me open up my wallet again :D)......The install was very straight fwd & took approx 35 mins w/ no issues..(Note: Dont force the mount!!..There is a slight trick to get it all to line up!!)

I read the thread on EVOM & all the positive remarks & I could'nt refuse......After the install I drove it only 4 miles & feel most everything reported....1.Â* Exhaust note a bit diff due to the harder durometer rating in the poly bush...2. A slight vibration in the steering wheel @ idle....3. Shifting under load feels smoother or flatter if that makes sense :idiot2:......A good install O0
http://imgcash4.imageshack.us/img33/8190/bloxu.jpg
http://imgcash1.imageshack.us/img11/3011/blox1.jpg
http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/img196/544/blox2.jpg

hellgunner
07-27-2009, 08:27 PM
cool

evogeo
07-27-2009, 08:36 PM
some of those bolts were a pain in the ass hahahahah.. i helped dave install it =p

i also have one on my x and looove it!! glad you like it too joe ;)

prime8
07-27-2009, 08:41 PM
dave told me about this...
how much was it?

sxe_davexxx
07-27-2009, 08:43 PM
al-right Joe O0! Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*
Glad you noticed a difference. You're ready to smoothly smash through gears.

You should see the stock motor mount they use on the evox... you can literally push the center piece with your fingers. :uglystupid2:

sxe_davexxx
07-27-2009, 08:46 PM
some of those bolts were a pain in the ass hahahahah.. i helped dave install it =p

True story

VinceR
07-27-2009, 09:13 PM
are you serious this was the easiest install by far when I did it to my car, did your exhaust note change at all? Cuz mine did...

Um...I used a screwdriver to align the holes... then I put the bolt through the hole..

MinusPrevious
07-27-2009, 09:27 PM
are you serious this was the easiest install by far when I did it to my car, did your exhaust note change at all? Cuz mine did...

Um...I used a screwdriver to align the holes... then I put the bolt through the hole..

Thanks Vince.......I did the same.....& Yes the exhaust note is a bit diff.........I still need to get used to it........How are man.....Hope to see you again

al-right Joe O0! Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*
Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*
Glad you noticed a difference. You're ready to smoothly smash through gears.

You should see the stock motor mount they use on the evox... you can literally push the center piece with your fingers.Â* :uglystupid2:

Chingon Dave......Thanks for the advice.........Amazing to order it on Friday & receive it & install it on Monday

dave told me about this...
how much was it?

I purchased from Speed Element ($79) who seem to have a good rep on EVOM.......There is a guy on Ebay selling the exact same mount for $10 cheaper if interested

i also have one on my x and looove it!! glad you like it too joe ;)

LOL Geo.......Yea, Good thing I read the threads before installing & one guy noting the alignment technique.....Nothing is ever so simple ;)

cool

Thank you Sir

sxe_davexxx
07-27-2009, 09:29 PM
are you serious this was the easiest install by far when I did it to my car

As serious as an erection problem...

prime8
07-27-2009, 09:30 PM
thanks
ill see how it goes
i have a damper already
so im wondering how its going to feel
with this added to my car

CRX2EVO
07-27-2009, 10:33 PM
I removed an Ingalls damper because it made funky noises and had the Blox installed instead. The new vibrations take some getting used to but shifting is much improved.

prime8
07-28-2009, 05:03 PM
I removed an Ingalls damper because it made funky noises and had the Blox installed instead. The new vibrations take some getting used to but shifting is much improved.

thats what i have at the moment
its actually not that bad
im going to try and have both to see what happens

drkmr
07-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Love the install and write up Joe, looks great and I'm very impressed by the all the feedback this motor mount has received....Ohh by the way gotta give it ya mang, another clean EVO keeping it real!!!!

rino
07-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Get the speed-source shifter bushings if you don't already. Will make shifting even nicer. I've had my blox on for about 20,000 miles. No problemo..

Timujin
07-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Nice "RS" worthy upgrade.

MinusPrevious
07-31-2009, 07:28 PM
I removed an Ingalls damper because it made funky noises and had the Blox installed instead.Â* The new vibrations take some getting used to but shifting is much improved.

True statement........Ive had a chance to put a few miles on it & it will take a little getting used to........A bit more vibration / flatter shifting..........After my recent coilover & rear sway bar install & now the lower front engine mount the car is as "Stiff as a Bitch" :D

Love the install and write up Joe, looks great and I'm very impressed by the all the feedback this motor mount has received....Ohh by the way gotta give it ya mang, another clean EVO keeping it real!!!!

Thank you Rich........BTW, the quote above is from a man that has done as much as you can do to a AWD Turbo Eclipse ^-^

GokuSSJ4
08-01-2009, 12:56 PM
Hmmm, sounds very interesting. How u guys bother to combine this item with an additional front billet mount to see what happens?? Hehe. Just a crazzzy thought

aguilar45
08-14-2009, 12:21 AM
What are the other advantages of this upgrade other than than the obvious better shifting engagement?

JC
05-11-2010, 04:07 PM
I was getting lock out trying to shift fast on my car, installed one of these and problem solved! Some of the best money I've spent on the car for sure. O0