PDA

View Full Version : If I remove my HFC... how much louder?

Evolve2GSR
07-29-2009, 12:24 AM
This is what my exhaust setup looks like on my X...
I have an Apexi RS Catback and a Perrin DP w/HFC.
This is the Perrin Part... http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/show/621/Downpipe-W-Highflow-Cat?category=6&model=26
That setup is not that loud. With that said... I know I will get better gains if I remove the HFC from that DP... my concern is that I have NO idea how much louder, if any, I will get. I don't really care to be crazy loud, cops around SD suck. But if it will only increase it a little, I wouldn't mind that. Any ideas?

2muchboost
07-29-2009, 12:30 AM
It will be pretty loud...
If you are worried about cops maybe a QTP electric cut out will be perfect for you??
Just an idea...

EvoVIIIGSR
07-29-2009, 12:34 AM
Not sure about results on the X.....but the muffling characteristics of the HFC do quiet it down a bit. On my 8 after switching from cat to a test pipe, it was considerably louder....but it may also vary by exhaust brand as well. For all out flow....the TP is the way to go, but the dB level may be too high for your liking. Having a QTP on my 8 currently....i would advise you to be cautious of fitment issues.

getting_evo_soon
08-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Cat to HFC/TP = louder
HFC to TP = almost same.

sneakypete
08-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Don't do it...my humble recommendation.

The smell is going to kill you and everything around you, if you're on 91 and it's not that big of a difference in the 'feel' with regards to performance gains.

SP

jdmcwestevo
08-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Don't do it...my humble recommendation.

The smell is going to kill you and everything around you, if you're on 91 and it's not that big of a difference in the 'feel' with regards to performance gains.

SP

on the contrary it does make better gains depending on which HFC you are talking about. it will be somewhat louder and yes it will stink like shit lol

CICreations
08-15-2009, 12:11 PM
I don't think it will be much louder then your HFC depending on the one you're running. I didn't know it made it stink though lol. I've never been behind my car. Now I feel like an ass. lol

CICreations
08-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Wait, isnt that downpipe and HFC from Perrin one single piece? Wouldn't you need a new DP if you put a test pipe in?

Evolve2GSR
08-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Wait, isnt that downpipe and HFC from Perrin one single piece? Wouldn't you need a new DP if you put a test pipe in?

Yes, but I was just going to "pop" the innards out hahaha. I'm going to leave it alone I decided since in Cali... laws here are strict. When I move out of CA if I ever do, removing the HFC will be my first priority! :)