PDA

View Full Version : Brakes

kungfudevil
07-31-2009, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know if the brake rotors normally brown/rust on the Xs? Im talkin about the area around the studs for the wheels. :?

blkside
07-31-2009, 03:08 PM
Its metal it will rust.. now if its pitting thats another issue but the browning is nothing.. its a sign you dont drive your car enough...lol

kungfudevil
07-31-2009, 03:11 PM
Its metal it will rust.. now if its pitting thats another issue but the browning is nothing.. its a sign you dont drive your car enough...lol

Lol yea I let it sit for weeks at a time while I drive my beater to work. Thanks for the info.

mrobs15
08-04-2009, 09:57 AM
You have high performance breaks, they squeak sometimes. Under light pressure no problem, if its doing it when you slam on them.. may be a different story.

kungfudevil
08-04-2009, 10:00 AM
my breaks are starting to squeek when i lightly apply the breaks. my car only has 1800 miles on it? does that sound normal? and yes the rotors will get rust on them. especially after you wash the car.

Im not talking about rust on the FACE of the rotor (I know that will rust from moisture). Im talking about the browning on the area near the wheels studs........seems normal I guess. Your brakes are probably squeaking because the pads haven't been completely worn in yet. More miles and harder braking will prob make it go away.