PDA

View Full Version : Got a tint ticket...but it's not fixable?

endGame
08-05-2009, 03:54 AM
recently i got a tint ticket. thinking it was a correctable violation, i just shrugged and figured i'll take care of it a month later. but when i received the notice in the mail, it says my violation is $163?! i found out my ticket didn't mark itself with whether or not the citation was a correctable one (neither yes or no was checked). i've fought tickets before, but never really tried one that was supposed to be correctable but turned out otherwise.

should i:

a) take it like a citation, pay while i cry in sorrow (it's an equipment violation, so it doesn't carry points against my license)

or

b) see if i can change it to a correctable one and then have it signed off

if b), how do i ask to have it changed?

ideally i want to go with route b. but again, how do i change a ticket?

evolved_st8
08-05-2009, 10:19 AM
just an FYI. even tho these arent correctable anymore. ALOT of cops still sign it off. try it. GL

HB Evo Owner
08-05-2009, 10:51 AM
you can get it signed off. i had an exhaust ticket that said it was non correctable and i showed it to the teller who told me i can get it signed off so i only have to pay $10 or whatever it is.

ohhgyeahfasho
08-05-2009, 10:54 AM
you can get it signed off. i had an exhaust ticket that said it was non correctable and i showed it to the teller who told me i can get it signed off so i only have to pay $10 or whatever it is.

It's $25 for every infraction now..[ie.tint($25) + no front plate ($25) = $50].. My friend recently went to go pay his correctable ticket and paid $25 for no front plate. (Not sure if its the same with other cities but this was for Cerritos/Bellflower area)

edit: I'm talking about the processing fee, not the writing off fee.

ebevo
08-05-2009, 11:07 AM

It's still $10 my bro got one from a sherrif for no front plate and had it signed off a week ago
It's $25 for every infraction now..[ie.tint($25) + no front plate ($25) = $50].. My friend recently went to go pay his correctable ticket and paid $25 for no front plate. (Not sure if its the same with other cities but this was for Cerritos/Bellflower area)

endGame
08-05-2009, 09:51 PM
yeah i found out after going to the clerk today. she say just sign it off and come back for $25 processing fee. works for me.

taiwaneseman
08-11-2009, 09:33 PM
man, some how i feel like the officer did on purpose not check on the correctable so the government can earn money!!!!

fcken_engus
01-15-2010, 01:44 PM
yeah sometimes they do that, got a no front plate ticket but i just ziptied it on and payed 25 bucks at the end. But it could of lead to ref tickets so definitely not worth it if they find other misc. on your car for it. lol