PDA

View Full Version : RRE EVO 8/9 Stealth Exhaust Dyno Test

Mike W
08-10-2009, 02:33 PM
The RRE Stealth Exhaust for the EVO 8/9 occasionally gets picked on by haters for being restrictive. Threads come and go with speculation. The standard RRE Stealth cat back uses straight through perforated core resonators. These do not restrict anything. We use very mild angle mandrel bends and a large straight through Magnaflow stainless steel muffler. There are a few people out there that ask for the more restrictive louvered core resonators that would cost you a few hp depending on how much hp you are making.

In this thread I threw down the gauntlet.

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=80224.0

The RRE stealth exhaust is overrated... Its super heavy, you'll loose power significantly, and it is not that quiet.

You should try the Cobb exhaust or the

Would you like to prove what you are saying? I will help you.

Back it up or take it back.

[email protected]

I will give you my cell phone number and we can work out the details of "significant" and when and how to dyno your car at no charge to you.

MiKe W

Emailed, awaiting your reply =)

Sexy Dave was nice enough to volunteer his can and his buddies and he did the parts swapping on the dyno. He has a nice running stock turbo EVO 9 tuned by Bryan @ GST on E-85. The car us using ECU boost control. His exhaust is an RSR X-Mag. It is very loud and growly no resonators and a straight through small body muffler.

Dave brought his car by on a Saturday afternoon and we did some baseline runs.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/rrestealth/RSR-HP.jpg

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/rrestealth/RSR-boost.jpg

Not bad at all, especially for how stock he has things looking under the hood. Boost was smooth with a peak of 27 psi and finishing at 20 psi at redline. The first run was a little peaky with the hp, with the car warmed up hp stabilized at 388-389 hp and ~370 ft pounds of torque.

Then Dave and friends swapped out the loud RSR exhaust for the RRE Stealth.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/rrestealth/changingsystem.jpg

We went to make some pulls on the RRE system.

Again the first pull was a little choppy. But once warmed up it was making consistently higher hp pulls.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/rrestealth/RRE-HP.jpg

Over 400 hp now and peak torque was up too. Boost was a little choppy but not surprising considering that it was tuned for the other exhaust system. Interesting was that boost dropped off with it making more hp. Shows that the RRE exhaust actually flowed better than the RSR :-P

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/rrestealth/RRE-boost.jpg

So here is the RSR (thin lines) vs. RRE Stealth (thick lines)

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/rrestealth/RSR-RRE-HP.jpg

Boost, again RSR (thin lines) vs. RRE Stealth (thick lines)

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/rrestealth/RSR-RRE-boost.jpg

And for fun the two wild card first runs of each exhaust, RSR thin lines, RRE Stealth thick lines.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/rrestealth/RSR-RRE-wildcard-hp.jpg

Here is a video of the two dyno runs. IT just further prooves how internet sound clips are totally worthless. The little cameras we all use to make these has self adjusting/limiting microphones. You can hear the idle difference in the RSR. But at WOT they sound essentially the same. In real life the RSR was ear splitting on the dyno. The RRE was just loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1tXiRF3VV0

Any questions?

Mike W

jdmcwestevo
08-10-2009, 02:42 PM
way to throw it down mike O0 to u

CRX2EVO
08-10-2009, 02:49 PM
I was just thinking about a stealth yesterday

evolved_st8
08-10-2009, 02:58 PM
time to get rid of my crap muffler shop exhaust. see what it can do huh?

blkside
08-10-2009, 03:12 PM
Ill show you what it can do State... your always behind my car anyway. Cookie cutter parts are great if your the gingerbread man but Im like the guy that wants his salad tossed. Do you prefer syrup or jelly... I prefer Jelly.. Welch's please...

ebevo
08-10-2009, 03:24 PM
So does dave have to "take it back" now that the results are in? :twisted:

still rocking the RRE stealth sexiness O0

Azian
08-10-2009, 03:33 PM
does anyone know if the greddy sp2 is restrictive?

leaveit2bevo
08-10-2009, 03:49 PM
wow that is sad hahaha how did that guy feel when hes car made that much more power?

sxe_davexxx
08-10-2009, 03:50 PM
And for the sake of comparing dynos, this is what it busted on GST'S Mustang dyno...
http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/mods/EVO/evo_tunes/david_c_E85_071809/David_C_E85_071809.jpg
24psi on 91oct (dotted lines)
30psi on E85 (solid lines)

btw I dynoed on both those dynos with the same tune, 460whp on gst's dyno is about 560whp on RRE's dyno

You got my hopes up bevo, I was hoping to break 455whp on RRE's dyno w my stock turboÂ* :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

I will accept defeat, the RRE stealth exhaust flows better than most exhausts out there Â*8)

Oh and Mike... Thanks for the Free dyno pulls, it was nice to see my evo running smooth down here in socal.Â* O0

evogeo
08-10-2009, 03:51 PM
The RRE Stealth Exhaust for the EVO 8/9 occasionally gets picked on by haters

:2funny:

good write up mike.. some people appreciate this info Â*O0

HMatt
08-10-2009, 03:52 PM
hmm.... I have the RS-R GT-II which is supposed to be louder and less restrictive than the x-mag....
Got some free time mike? lol.

Thanks again for the shirts, and that reminds me... I'm going to call you guys later and order up enough redline oil to do up my car and my buddy's.

leaveit2bevo
08-10-2009, 04:08 PM
And for the sake of comparing dynos, this is what it busted on GST'S Mustang dyno...
http://www.norcalmotorsports.org/users/bryan/mods/EVO/evo_tunes/david_c_E85_071809/David_C_E85_071809.jpg
24psi on 91oct (dotted lines)
30psi on E85 (solid lines)

btw I dynoed on both those dynos with the same tune, 460whp on gst's dyno is about 560whp on RRE's dyno

You got my hopes up bevo, I was hoping to break 455whp on RRE's dyno w my stock turboÂ* :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

I will accept defeat, the RRE stealth exhaust flows better than most exhausts out there Â*8)

Oh and Mike... Thanks for the Free dyno pulls, it was nice to see my evo running smooth down here in socal.Â* O0

hahahah dude you were close!

anxiouz
08-10-2009, 04:15 PM
FWIW I had the RRE dp + RRE rally cat...and then a Magnaflow cat-back that I then swapped for the RRE stealth cat-back. I didn't feel any butt dyno difference in power for or against. But HOLY CRAP there is no highway drone at all now. Amazing. The Magnaflow was so l.o.u.d. compared to the stealth and whether I gained or lost flow I don't care. It's an awesome exhaust no doubt.

CHIGGA73
08-10-2009, 04:37 PM
good to see.
let me get this straight, you are comparing the 2 dynos as well right?
GST:
373 lb ft
352 hp

RRE:
374 lb ft
389 hp

the graphs are totally different though in torque at least. on the RRE you pulling over 360lbft from 3200 rpm to 5400 rpm, but on the GST dyno the same lb ft from 3600-4800 rpm.
is that cause the load bearing design of the dynapack?

i'm not trying to cause problems or compare, but just trying to understand the differences as well as the drivability/butt feeling of dyno graphs.

just a side note:
i was reading in Modified mag and saw their tuner shootout and saw that they compared HP results by adding the hp produced in between a 3000 rpm range (counting every 100 rpm). showing the usable hp not peak hp. is this a good way to compare?

EvoPwr
08-10-2009, 04:53 PM
time to get rid of my crap muffler shop exhaust.Â* see what it can do huh?

LOL st8, no shit it will be time for me too. I love my RMR exhaust to death, sounds great and all, but I have too much money in this car. Not getting the stealth would be stupid.

Mike W
08-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Mustang Dynos are real load dynos too. They are not inertia dynos.

The initial spoolup on any load dyno dyno depends on how long you stand on the gas before the dyno starts the sweep. For example the Dynapack lets you put a start rpm, a finish rpm, a settle time and the total sweep time. I typically use a 2 second settle time and a 12 second total sweep time.

This works out to:

I let out the clutch and give it some gas pedal.
Once I go past my start time of 2200 rpm in this case the dyno holds the rpm to 2200 rpm
The dyno computer starts it's 2 second count before starting the sweep from 2200 to 7500
I ease my foot to the floor over this onethousand one - one thousand two time period
The motor is at 2200 rpm for a moment at wot
The dyno starts its sweep allowing the rpm to increment forward over 12 seconds to 7500 rpm
When it reaches 7500 rpm the dyno holds 7500 till you let off the gfas pedal

I imagine a Mustang dyno has similar options for starting the run. The spoolup can vary a bit with the same settings depending on how agressive you lay into it with your foot. Also a longer sweep time cam make it spooluy up faster (similar to running in a higher gar on an inertia dyno).

Ignore the first part of any dyno chart when you are making a comparison unless you know that all the conditions were the same.

Mike W

earlyapex
08-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Great test/comparison Mike.

I'm glad you guys suggest the perforated option over the louvered.

I'm also glad David could see how the RSR exmag was holding the car back. It would be interesting to see what the car could gain from tuning with it too. I really dislike the exmag, it chokes all the cars I have seen it on.

earlyapex
08-10-2009, 05:19 PM
I imagine a Mustang dyno has similar options for starting the run. The spoolup can vary a bit with the same settings depending on how agressive you lay into it with your foot. Also a longer sweep time cam make it spooluy up faster (similar to running in a higher gar on an inertia dyno).

On the mustang you set a start RPM and finish RPM. It starts logging when you hit the start RPM and ends logging, spins down the dyno after you pass the finish RPM. The time it takes between the start and finish RPM is 100% dependent on how much power the car makes, no fixed timing. It's up to the operator to start WOT at the same time every run if they want to be accurate with spool comparisons, etc.

xchosun1x
08-10-2009, 05:33 PM
any sound clips?

btw...RRE how much do these systems run?

Thanks for any info

Sxhawnn
08-10-2009, 06:05 PM
LOL wow, makes me wanna trade my ex mag for a stealth. LOL i always thought it was a quiet exhaust. Guess not.

sxe_davexxx
08-10-2009, 06:17 PM
any sound clips?

btw...RRE how much do these systems run?

Thanks for any info

sound clip of the exmag exhaust...

http://www.vimeo.com/5794920

Sorry, I don't have a sound clip of the stealth exhaust, but the stealth is MUCH quieter at idle/cruising than the rsr exmag. I ran a stealth exhaust for 6months and my only complaint at the time was it was too quiet! :uglystupid2:

EvoPwr
08-10-2009, 06:21 PM
So no retune would be needed by switching to the straight through core stealth exhaust right?

Sxhawnn
08-10-2009, 06:22 PM
^^ RRE is legit but I do love the growl of the exmag. Â*Its a very deep sound that carries with it quite a bit of vibration.

Mike W
08-10-2009, 06:34 PM
I think the settle time feature on the Dynapack is to help with making the starts more consistent. You can also start it manually like the Mustang dyno too.

Here is a video of the two dyno runs. IT just further prooves how internet sound clips are totally worthless. The little cameras we all use to make these has self adjusting/limiting microphones. You can hear the idle difference in the RSR. But at WOT they sound essentially the same. In real life the RSR was ear splitting on the dyno. The RRE was just loud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1tXiRF3VV0

On the dyno you can see what I am talking about with the start of the run/spool up.

Mike W

xchosun1x
08-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Mike..how much do this system cost?

1WkdEvo
08-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Nice test

Mike W
08-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Mike..how much do this system cost?

$490 cash and carry or $530 installed.

Mike W

blkside
08-10-2009, 07:47 PM
I wasnt even aware there was any other exhaust out there..

Mike I use to have the RMR and it sounds so good but if Mike says Purple chocolate makes more power than I am all in..
Thats why I dont have any cookie cutter parts on my car besides the MXP downpipe. Everything else my little asian welding wonder and grape jelly himself made for my car...

EvoPwr
08-10-2009, 07:51 PM
I wasnt even aware there was any other exhaust out there..

Mike I use to have the RMR and it sounds so good but if Mike says Purple chocolate makes more power than I am all in..
Thats why I dont have any cookie cutter parts on my car besides the MXP downpipe. Everything else my little asian welding wonder and grape jelly himself made for my car...

werd, that is the next step...once i get to the track

jamesinger
08-11-2009, 01:38 AM
I love my RRE set up.
My car runs x1000 better with the RRE TBE.
get it on a T/Th and then get a tune by Scot Grey and you are golden.

fusionchicken
08-11-2009, 02:09 AM
loved this exhaust on my IX O0

any test for the stealth on the X? :D

Evo_Hustler
08-11-2009, 02:35 AM
good stuff....im glad this is the exhaust I have on ma Evo !! ; )

earlyapex
08-11-2009, 10:15 AM

Made 380whp (E85) on stock Evo 10 turbo on GST Mustang dyno with the RRE stealth. Seems to work pretty well.

Muellerized...
08-11-2009, 11:13 AM

Made 380whp (E85) on stock Evo 10 turbo on GST Mustang dyno with the RRE stealth. Seems to work pretty well.

I am running evo x rre sideways stealth, power is reasonable and passes the 92db sound check in 4th gear exiting turn 5 at laguna seca without any additional turn down.

It makes 355whp/349 torque on rre's dyno with 91 octane.

Thanks Mike!

baylorar
08-11-2009, 04:02 PM
So no retune would be needed by switching to the straight through core stealth exhaust right?

I went from an RMR exhaust to the RRE stealth and logged right afterwards and didn't have any significant knock. Now, this is based on the tune you currently have, but in my case, no retuning was required. The exhausts are pretty similar except the RRE stealth has another resonator (both of which are longer than the RMR resonator).

This thread makes me love the RRE stealth even more.

fusionchicken
08-14-2009, 05:02 AM

wow that is a crapload of power on your dyno...looks like my X will be getting the same exhaust after all, was set on the T1R but not a fan of the burnt tip look...nor the price

fusionchicken
08-14-2009, 05:03 AM

I am running evo x rre sideways stealth, power is reasonable and passes the 92db sound check in 4th gear exiting turn 5 at laguna seca without any additional turn down.

It makes 355whp/349 torque on rre's dyno with 91 octane.

Thanks Mike!

92 db...O0

06ssdevo9
09-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Mike do you have the stealth exhaust to fit a jdm bumper in stock? I can probably make up a trip there next week to pick one up. $490 right?

ChrisF
09-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Much love for the Stealth. I've had both the louvered and perforated and both are great. Just got pulled over for the first time in my EVO in 6 years and I started to panic about the ol' hood pop. Cop was totally cool and didn't ask to see anything other than license and insurance. All bow to the awesome power of the RRE Stealth!!! :D

06ssdevo9
09-03-2009, 10:23 AM
^ Is there much of a difference sound wise between the two?

You didn't get a ticket did you?

ChrisF
09-03-2009, 10:25 AM
The louvered is a little bit quieter but not night and day. Yep, got a ticket for an illegal left and I completely deserved it. Thought for a second about asking for a warning but then thought about pissing the cop off and him asking me to pop the hood so I just shut the F up.

06ssdevo9
09-03-2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the quick response

Mike W
09-03-2009, 12:30 PM
We dont stock JDM versions. Usually anyone into rear ends like that has specific ideas about what the tip should look like to the bumper. So we let the customer decide where the tip gets whacked.

Mike W

SMV2009
09-03-2009, 12:39 PM
I have the louvered style and its pretty quiet, very stealth and no drone @ all cruising on freeway.
I believe if there is a difference in power-wise it should be no more than 5whp, correct me if I am wrong guys :)

Mike W
09-03-2009, 12:45 PM
We have a used louvered resonator version from a car that went back to stock available. I would guess around $300 the guy wants for it.

Mike W

06ssdevo9
09-03-2009, 12:46 PM
We dont stock JDM versions. Usually anyone into rear ends like that has specific ideas about what the tip should look like to the bumper. So we let the customer decide where the tip gets whacked.

Mike W

Oh I see but you have the regular ones though? I want to get one ASAP.

The one on this thread looks good

http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=85019.0

06ssdevo9
09-03-2009, 12:47 PM
We have a used louvered resonator version from a car that went back to stock available. I would guess around $300 the guy wants for it.

Mike W

Hmm, thats tempting. Is the exhaust located at your shop?

Mike W
09-03-2009, 12:54 PM
The above mentioned used exhaust is at the shop, rhet to go. It used to belong to somone famous here in So Cal. I will see if I can get it autographed.

I have brand new, standard edition, straight through perforated core resonator like used in the dyno here in stock also. $490 cash and carry or $530 installed.

Mike W

06ssdevo9
09-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Can I get the exhaust (new one) next week? I may have a buyer for the used one as well. I'll let my friend know

PM me what days a good for pick up.

WOT
09-03-2009, 01:23 PM
Great Test!

i believe this is worthy of going onto other evo websites!!

nice work.

fwiw ~9% differnce in peak pwr #'s between rre & gst....good to knowÂ* O0

Mike W
09-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Can I get the exhaust (new one) next week? I may have a buyer for the used one as well. I'll let my friend know

PM me what days a good for pick up.

Best day is to pick it up is before someone else does :-) We make two, we sell two, we make two, we sell two. Try to come on the day after we make two but before we sell two :-) They come and go. Today I have one. When it goes away we'll make two more.

Mike W

06ssdevo9
09-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Hehe. I'll just give the shop a call next week and ask.

EvoPwr
09-03-2009, 10:32 PM
The above mentioned used exhaust is at the shop, rhet to go. It used to belong to somone famous here in So Cal. I will see if I can get it autographed.

I have brand new, standard edition, straight through perforated core resonator like used in the dyno here in stock also. $490 cash and carry or $530 installed.

Mike W

That guy is very famous!

06ssdevo9
09-05-2009, 09:16 PM

Mike W

That guy is very famous!

Its mine! I want an autograph!

sneakypete
05-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Yes, resurrecting an old thread and asking what some may consider a topic beaten to death but I'm interested in getting one of these for my IX.

I'm interested to know if there's going to be any difference with the RRE stealth with the following mods:

- M3 Cams
- Ported exhaust mani
- FP Black
- Invidia O2 housing and DP
- RRE test pipe

Lots or air flowing through my system.

My current Invidia system is going to get me in trouble...I can feel it coming, even with the conservative way I drive. If and when I take my IX to the 5k rpm range, I scare everyone around me. Spooling turbo; yes the FP Blacks are freaking loud, and loud exhaust, plus living in OC is a very dangerous mix.

If the stealth will quiet things down for me, I'd go for it. If there's any HP loss in order to have a drivable car and not attract the attention of the police plus not scare every senior citizen that is in a 1/4 mile radius of me...I'm game.

Mike, give me some advice.

Mike W
05-15-2010, 11:15 PM
It is pretty simple. There is no way to be quieter and not be restrictive. It is all 3" straight through with no sharp bends. We put as much resonator that will fit with out hitting stuff. We use the largest Magnaflow muffler that will fit in the back. We make it with no tip so it looks stocker than stock.

Regarding the standard stealth exhaust we build, if it were any quieter it would have to give up flow. $530 intalled or $490 cash and carry.

Mike W

05-EVO-GSR
05-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Get the Super Stealth Version with the louvered core resonators. That will be as quiet as possible.

jamesinger
05-16-2010, 11:14 PM
my stealth is quieter than stock according to my GF. That sounds like a silly person to use as a reference but it is actually the most valid person because she HATED the HKS Carbon Ti, thought the stock was too loud and then told me I was dumb to buy an aftermarket exhaust from RRE thinking that it would be more HP AND quieter...now 1. She never complains about the noise and 2. my car feels really nice and clean. My review only has the GF dyno annoyance test but you should hear her when she is with my other friend who has an EVO's GF...all they do is complain about our bouncy loud cars...LOL. Mine is more GF friendly with this exhaust. On a side note in BOTH Poway in SD and Pasadena in LA, which seems to be 2 places with VERY aggro cops, I do not get a second look with the stealth + wingless FTW!

sun-ri
05-17-2010, 01:11 AM
had the stealth exhaust and ACT 2900 clutch installed by RRE last week. Anyway, went for a drive to break in my new clutch and while I was driving around I saw 4 cars get pulled over :police: no bs, not exaggerating, 4 in one night. Meanwhile I was coasting by them with my nice and quiet exhaust worry-free. :-P Long story short RRE stealth definitely FTW! O0

EvoPwr
05-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Yes, resurrecting an old thread and asking what some may consider a topic beaten to death but I'm interested in getting one of these for my IX.Â*

I'm interested to know if there's going to be any difference with the RRE stealth with the following mods:

- M3 Cams
- Ported exhaust mani
- FP Black
- Invidia O2 housing and DP
- RRE test pipe

Lots or air flowing through my system.

My current Invidia system is going to get me in trouble...I can feel it coming, even with the conservative way I drive.Â* If and when I take my IX to the 5k rpm range, I scare everyone around me.Â* Spooling turbo; yes the FP Blacks are freaking loud, and loud exhaust, plus living in OC is a very dangerous mix.

If the stealth will quiet things down for me, I'd go for it.Â* If there's any HP loss in order to have a drivable car and not attract the attention of the police plus not scare every senior citizen that is in a 1/4 mile radius of me...I'm game.

Mike, give me some advice.

I have a 2.3 w/ an FP 3052 and all other supporting mods. It is quieter than my 50 state legal RMR exhaust was.

silverevo05
03-10-2011, 11:15 AM
I've been looking for pics from the tip end with jdm exhaust

anyone or Mike

jamesinger
03-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Here is a pic with the tip unpainted:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1204/5138098220_88d39ac0bb_b.jpg
Also, interestingly, this stealth was built for my USDM rear, this fit is the same with a bit of the tip cut off by Lod.
So, the Stealth fits nice with the USDM rear and can be made to fit the JDM with a quick tipectomy OR you can have the exhaust built around the JDM rear to your specs because each exhaust is built ON your car.

jamesinger
03-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Here is a pic from further back with the tip still in polished mode (sorry for the lens flares, I'm artsy):
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4126/5138095864_e2fa97ec63_b.jpg
and here is a pic with the tip painted flat black:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1182/5115668295_efa83ea0fd_b.jpg
So just to be clear, this exhaust was built on my car with the USDM bumper.Â* When I switched to a JDM rear, I was expecting a huge headache with the exhaust fit.Â* However, I was surprised to find that it fits perfect with a bit less tip.
I hope these pics are helpful.
I love this exhaust.
It gets me all the ladies.

garrettquon
03-10-2011, 12:15 PM
^ geez, your car is sooo clean!

jamesinger
03-10-2011, 12:16 PM
^ geez, your car is sooo clean!

Thank you!! I am trying to get RRE to sponsor me for stealth daily driving. It is a new category I just made up.

garrettquon
03-10-2011, 02:29 PM
haha for sure. i was reading your post on getting smogged and 85% of your stuff is RRE. i like the set up you have on your car, as well as the numbers that it put down. definitely leaning towards a build similar to yours... hope you dont mind hahah

silverevo05
03-10-2011, 03:17 PM
looks good, you should have painted your exhaust GG to match :grin:

it's good to hear that no probs with fitment on USDM or JDM

so just to clarify that pic is with a cut in the tip if so mow much?

thanks O0

sneakypete
03-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Attention to details.Â* Top notch man O0

jamesinger
03-10-2011, 05:10 PM
haha for sure. i was reading your post on getting smogged and 85% of your stuff is RRE. i like the set up you have on your car, as well as the numbers that it put down. definitely leaning towards a build similar to yours... hope you dont mind hahah

We will start a crew!!

looks good, you should have painted your exhaust GG to match :grin:

it's good to hear that no probs with fitment on USDM or JDM

so just to clarify that pic is with a cut in the tip if so mow much?

thanksÂ* O0

In the pics, the tip is cut.Â* At one point I decided to polish the tip just to see but then I went back to flat black.Â* All pics with the JDM rear are with the tip cut though.

I forget how much it cost for the tip to be cut but it was cheap.Â* It was worth it to have Lod do it.Â* His attention to detail is top notch.Â* He measured it, marked it, eyballed it, made some adjustments, remeasured it and cut it.

Attention to details.Â* Top notch manÂ* O0

Thanks.Â* The car has come a long way.Â* RRE hooks cars up right the first time ALL the time!!

aphiolfs1925
03-11-2011, 02:01 PM
does anyone know if the greddy sp2 is restrictive?

+1

Kmin
03-22-2011, 11:42 AM
I actually have this installed on my evo 9, and been googling away to determine the performance effect it has on my car. Exactly how much HP is these stealth exhaust system kicking in?

EvoPwr
03-22-2011, 02:00 PM
I actually have this installed on my evo 9, and been googling away to determine the performance effect it has on my car.Â* Exactly how much HP is these stealth exhaust system kicking in?Â* Â*

Dyno your car to see the difference. Going off others numbers does not mean that your car will respond the same way.

Kmin
03-22-2011, 02:23 PM
I actually have this installed on my evo 9, and been googling away to determine the performance effect it has on my car. Exactly how much HP is these stealth exhaust system kicking in?

Dyno your car to see the difference. Going off others numbers does not mean that your car will respond the same way.

Will do, thanks.

Mike W
03-22-2011, 02:31 PM

These RRE Stealths kicks in the same HP as any other straight through 3" pipe. Pretty much only the Japanese have figured out ways to make a 3" exhaust not really a 3" exhaust.

Mike W

flo2877
03-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I got mine last month and all I can say is that I LOVE IT. The sound is diffenetly not too loud unlike my old exhaust which was too annoying when i was driving too long. THANKS RRE and keep up the good work.

aguilar45
03-22-2011, 03:13 PM
^^^What was ur old Exhaust? Just had mine for a few weeks kinda hard to get use to....! Makes me wanna Sleep on my long drives home(Quiet) :2funny:

flo2877
03-22-2011, 04:53 PM
I had a full 3" w/ magnaflow tip. made by a vendor that doesnt exist no more. Dont get me wrong it sounds good but i wanted it a little like the stock sound.

dustin06MR
04-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Is the stealth still available? I am not finding it on Roadrace's website... I WANT IT!

garrettquon
04-09-2011, 06:50 PM
they have them all the time you just need to go there and have them fabricate one for you.

obstacle1
04-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Is the stealth still available? I am not finding it on Roadrace's website... I WANT IT!
if I recall correctly they are custom made for customers. So they will always be on sale, also stock them. Best bet to call them.

dustin06MR
04-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Thanks!

Mike W
04-09-2011, 10:20 PM
We sell them as fast as we are happy to make them. I have one all made up in all Stainless Steel and a JDM bumper length tip that some goon in Alaska had me build and then changed his mind and sold his car. $630 installed. Normally the standard So Cal version is $530 installed. They are a total pain to box and ship so I dont have them on the website.

Mike W

u189961
04-12-2011, 09:37 PM
its a great exhaust...its looks stocker than stock and makes power (previous works exhaust was choking up my set up)! It passed the test..... a month ago I got pulled over by a bike cop (I'm sweating it since i have a test pipe) and he writes me a ticket for my tinted windows......

4g63IX
04-13-2011, 09:49 PM
^
What he said.
Just had my Stealth exhaust/HFC put on last week and passed SMOG two days ago with flying colors!
Plus, the exhaust is quiet as a mouse fart, until you rail on it, then it growls pretty hard!