PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean the AEM intake for the X?

STIH8TER
08-10-2009, 06:00 PM
I got the AEM intake about 6 months ago. I think its time for me to clean the cone but with what? I've had the KnN typhoon intake before and I cleaned it with the KnN cleaner. is there any solvents i should be using to clean? If you guys know please do post.

4G63 FEVER
08-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I use regular dish washing soap and water, works like a charm. Do you have the dry or oiled one?

STIH8TER
08-10-2009, 10:16 PM
the aem intake is the dryflow filter

Dryflow but when i got it looks like it had lube oil around the cone.

Mike W
08-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Just stick it in a bucket of dish soap and water, mixed about like you would wash dishes in. Dont stick it in so deep as to get water inside the filter. Just hold the mounting flange at the clamp area, dip it in filter material deep, give it the wooshzy-wooshzy-wooshzy twisting warshing machine motion for a bit and let it dry out. They sell the special cleaner for $9 if you dont trust our dish soap recommendations.

Mike W

CRX2EVO
08-11-2009, 08:17 AM
shouldn't need cleaning after only 6 months

STIH8TER
08-12-2009, 03:14 AM
shouldn't need cleaning after only 6 months

Yea well I like to take care of my car.

STIH8TER
08-12-2009, 03:16 AM
Just stick it in a bucket of dish soap and water, mixed about like you would wash dishes in. Dont stick it in so deep as to get water inside the filter. Just hold the mounting flange at the clamp area, dip it in filter material deep, give it the wooshzy-wooshzy-wooshzy twisting warshing machine motion for a bit and let it dry out. They sell the special cleaner for $9 if you dont trust our dish soap recommendations.

Mike W

Cool I'll try that.