PDA

View Full Version : AEM intake install issue - PCV 90 degree connector

x[corwyn]
08-11-2009, 03:14 PM
So Friday night I bought an AEM intake from Sam (thanks Sam) and proceeded to follow the intructions for removal. I go over to remove the hose from the intake to the head (PCV I am assuming) and tried the mini screwdriver and pulling technique that usually works well with vacuum hoses. Not so much this time. The 90 degree plastic piece shattered. *crap*

So I proceed to install, and sure enough it looks like I need to put that hose and plastic bend into the AEM intake. Not good at all. So I went to South Coast on saturday morning and special ordered what I thought I would need. Turns out today I got the hose only. The only way to get the plastic piece is to order the entire stock intake, which seems a tad excessive for a removal plastic bend at $144. So I tried Rigo's suggestion at Mesa hose, and they didnt have anything remotely like that.

So Im throwing this up to the crowd here to see if anyone else has a suggestion.

jdmcwestevo
08-11-2009, 03:24 PM
pics would help lol i cant get a visual

Andrew9RS
08-11-2009, 03:31 PM
^^ x2

x[corwyn]
08-11-2009, 03:40 PM
http://www.knfilters.com/instructions/AEM-21-678_inst.pdf

Look at page 6, picture I

KT Motoring
08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Go to Home Depot and look in the fittings section of Plumbing. They should have something in that shape and size either in plastic or metal.

Mike W
08-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I have a straight connector with a longer hose you can have. I test fittedt it, fits fine, just loops around more.

Mike W

jdmcwestevo
08-11-2009, 04:09 PM
+1 for mike W lol

x[corwyn]
08-11-2009, 04:25 PM
I have a straight connector with a longer hose you can have. I test fittedt it, fits fine, just loops around more.

Mike W

Dude you rock as always. Calling you now

And thanks for the other suggestions. If this doesnt work I will be onto that one as well.

x[corwyn]
08-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Well I got the intake working last night. Big thanks to Mike W. The fitting worked perfectly.

Thanks to everyone else for the advice.