PDA

View Full Version : WARNING: Fuel Pump Relay

Looney Tuning
08-13-2009, 12:58 PM
I am writing this as a warning to those who own an Evo X. There has been a couple of threads on Evom about Evo Xs that are running lean on the stock tune at WOT. I have not encountered that until recently. I was baselining an Evo X for a tune and the car was running unusually lean. The car had an exhaust and an HKS drop-in filter. Here is the way the AFR looked on the stock tune:

http://www.sr20deracing.com/looneytuning/Evo/Isaac/afr_lean.gif

I have never seen such a lean AFR on the stock tune. The lean AFR and the advanced stock timing made the car register 10-14 counts of knock by redline. The owner and I surmised that this was a fuel related problem. The car was not getting the needed fuel during WOT operation.

Luckily the owner of the car is an expert electrical trouble shooter. With the help of the service manual he discovered that:

…the fuel delivery system on the Evo X has two voltage operation states. One state is at low load and it supplies the fuel pump with a low voltage that goes through a resistor circuit to drop the voltage prior to going to the fuel pump. The second fuel pump voltage state occurs at high load conditions, not necessarily WOT, but high load. I don't know what the various determinants the ECU uses or what strategy Mitsu used to initiate the high voltage state, but I do know that the ECM powers up fuel pump relay #1 during higher load running conditions.

http://www.sr20deracing.com/looneytuning/Evo/Isaac/fuelpumprelay.png

Using a multi-meter and a power source he tested the resistance on the fuel pump relay and he discovered that it was OL, which mean that it was Out of Limits, which mean the circuit stayed open. He then tested the horn relay (green trace on picture and same type as the fuel pump relay) and found that it was working fine. So he determined that it was a faulty fuel pump relay.

A few days later he came to my place and we swapped the high beam lamp relay (blue trace in the picture) with the fuel pump relay; the high beam lamp relay being the same type as that of the fuel pump. Then we hooked up my logging equipment and went logging on the stock tune. The car ran pig rich. This is the first time I was happy to see an Evo X running rich :grin: Here are the stock runs with the functioning relay:

http://www.sr20deracing.com/looneytuning/Evo/Isaac/afr_rich.gif

I just want to warn everyone with an Evo X about this. This is very serious and can blow your engine. The relay that Mistu used for the fuel pump is weak and it is failing. This is my first encounter with this problem, but I am sure it is not going to be my last.

big boss
08-13-2009, 01:02 PM
WOW are you serious!!!! Ouch!!! :knuppel2: Damn them

jdmcwestevo
08-13-2009, 01:07 PM
wow that is no bueno

bmguser
08-13-2009, 01:25 PM
so are you saying we should replace the existing relay with the one that is used for the high beams? or the car should go to the dealership to get this reported and corrected??

alan678
08-13-2009, 01:26 PM
Wow! Good find NJ!

Looney Tuning
08-13-2009, 01:54 PM
so are you saying we should replace the existing relay with the one that is used for the high beams? or the car should go to the dealership to get this reported and corrected??

First you need to find out if you have this problem on your car. Not all Evo Xs are doing this. This is the first time I encountered this.

If you have a stock tune, then log the AFR. If it is rich, ie, in the low 10:1 ratio, then your car is fine. If it is lean, like this car, then you have to get the relay replaced. Just buy another relay from the dealer and replace yours, IF your Evo has this problem. The relay is cheap.

I doubt that the dealer is going to replace the relay for you w/o giving you a song and dance routine about how you do not know what your talking about.

Edit: One test that the owner and I conducted was to swap the fuel pump relay into the high beam relay and turn on the high beam. The high beam came on and then it SHUT down after a few seconds. That indicated that the fuel pump relay was failing.

You can conduct the same test IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. If you do not know what you are doing, then leave the car alone.

Timujin
08-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Good info. It sucks but it's good.

funks
08-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Does anybody have a howto on how to test the relay with an multimeter? *Additionally, anybody got a the part number for the stock relay and do they have aftermarket relays that one can just buy locally (eq. napa)?

Muellerized...
08-13-2009, 02:17 PM
I am writing this as a warning to those who own an Evo X. There has been a couple of threads on Evom about Evo Xs that are running lean on the stock tune at WOT. I have not encountered that until recently. I was baselining an Evo X for a tune and the car was running unusually lean. The car had an exhaust and an HKS drop-in filter. Here is the way the AFR looked on the stock tune:

http://www.sr20deracing.com/looneytuning/Evo/Isaac/afr_lean.gif

I have never seen such a lean AFR on the stock tune. The lean AFR and the advanced stock timing made the car register 10-14 counts of knock by redline. The owner and I surmised that this was a fuel related problem. The car was not getting the needed fuel during WOT operation.

Luckily the owner of the car is an expert electrical trouble shooter. With the help of the service manual he discovered that:

…the fuel delivery system on the Evo X has two voltage operation states. One state is at low load and it supplies the fuel pump with a low voltage that goes through a resistor circuit to drop the voltage prior to going to the fuel pump. The second fuel pump voltage state occurs at high load conditions, not necessarily WOT, but high load. I don't know what the various determinants the ECU uses or what strategy Mitsu used to initiate the high voltage state, but I do know that the ECM powers up fuel pump relay #1 during higher load running conditions.

http://www.sr20deracing.com/looneytuning/Evo/Isaac/fuelpumprelay.png

Using a multi-meter and a power source he tested the resistance on the fuel pump relay and he discovered that it was OL, which mean that it was Out of Limits, which mean the circuit stayed open. He then tested the horn relay (green trace on picture and same type as the fuel pump relay) and found that it was working fine. So he determined that it was a faulty fuel pump relay.

A few days later he came to my place and we swapped the high beam lamp relay (blue trace in the picture) with the fuel pump relay; the high beam lamp relay being the same type as that of the fuel pump. Then we hooked up my logging equipment and went logging on the stock tune. The car ran pig rich. This is the first time I was happy to see an Evo X running rich :grin: Here are the stock runs with the functioning relay:

http://www.sr20deracing.com/looneytuning/Evo/Isaac/afr_rich.gif

I just want to warn everyone with an Evo X about this. This is very serious and can blow your engine. The relay that Mistu used for the fuel pump is weak and it is failing. This is my first encounter with this problem, but I am sure it is not going to be my last.

Good job, Naji.

SoCalRedLine
08-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Nice naji O0
I forsee a recall TSB in the future

baylorar
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Scary, but nice find Naji.

jdmcwestevo
08-13-2009, 03:55 PM
if anyone needs help with this pm me and i'll be glad to help good info naji awesome heads up

kautiongsr
08-13-2009, 10:32 PM
man naji after talking to you tuesday im getting a little worried.. i guess because my tunner is so far and very hard to log my car.. shit.. something else to think about.. :'(

Looney Tuning
08-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Here is a thread on Evom from April 09 about a X that had the same problem.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-x-engine-management-tuning-forums/415370-leaning-out-under-wot.html

Some interesting tid bits:

Anyone that is having this problem needs to check the fuel relay in the relay box under the hood. SilverEvoX brought his X in last night and we discovered that the relay coil was weak. It wasn't clicking the switch over very well. We put in a new relay, and the problem went away. We concluded that the relay may get weak due to the number of actuations."

"The relay seems to be quite inexpensive in nature and you could probably keep switching out relays until you burn them all out and then maybe you could get a bulk discount on them. The problem seems to be creeping up when you hit 20K miles or so. I guess it would also depend how often you make your fuel pump go into "High voltage mode."

This car had 29,000 miles. So it seems that the higher the mileage, the more likely this could happen. These relays are weak and with use they start to fail.

Looney Tuning
08-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Noob question but changing out the relay is just a temporary fix? Almost sounds like this problem will come back down the road after changing the relay out once ?

I believe that you are correct. My hypothesis is that the more miles you put on the car, the more the relay will be used, and the more the relay is used, the more likely it is going to fail. It is not by accident that it happened on a car with 29,000 miles on the odometer.

The horn relay and the high beam relay are less likely to fail than the fuel pump relay since you rarely use the other functions, but you do go into high load/WOT often.

One preventive move that you can take is to test the relays when your car hit 20,000 miles. Simply swap the high beam relay with the fuel pump relay, turn the ignition, and turn the high beam on. If the high beam shuts down after a few seconds, then the relau is shot. That is the simplest and fastest test and requires no tools at all.

dongchad
08-15-2009, 01:53 PM
One preventive move that you can take is to test the relays when your car hit 20,000 miles. Simply swap the high beam relay with the fuel pump relay, turn the ignition, and turn the high beam on. If the high beam shuts down after a few seconds, then the relau is shot. That is the simplest and fastest test and requires no tools at all.*

genius! O0

EvoPwr
08-15-2009, 02:14 PM
That is some great information, I don't own a X but I can appreciate good work. This is what the community should be all about :mitsu:

kungfudevil
08-26-2009, 11:24 PM
http://www.amsracingblog.amsperformance.com/2009/08/attention-evo-x-owners-potential-relay-issue-which-may-cause-your-car-to-run-lean/

Looks like AMS is confirming this problem.

Terenus
08-27-2009, 02:06 AM
Naji's way seems a lot more easier to test. GJ

Looney Tuning
08-27-2009, 07:33 PM
Two more threads about failed Relays

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18316
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18475&page=3

This is spreading. I am very concerned about this happening on tuned Evo Xs. A lean AFR and higher boost will knock the 4b11 into oblivion.

Please check your fuel pump relay as the car approachs 15,000 miles. Better yet change it with another one from the dealer it is only $35.

NativeSS
08-27-2009, 08:28 PM
that sux! i wonder why this is happening in the X's and not the CT9A's

also, this is only on tuned X's and not stockers?

big boss
08-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Would we have to REPLACE IT EVERY 15k miles or just this one time??? :?

mangoes
08-27-2009, 09:28 PM
I would assume every 15k miles or so since itll probably begin failing again...

Looney Tuning
08-27-2009, 10:29 PM
that sux! i wonder why this is happening in the X's and not the CT9A's

also, this is only on tuned X's and not stockers?

Because mitsu bean counters used cheap quality relays on the X. This happens on ALL Evo Xs, but it is way more dangerous on tuned Evo Xs. On a Tuned X, your boosting more and the AFR goes crazy lean if the relay does not work. You WILL blow your engine. I cannot believe that there is no recall yet on this.

Looney Tuning
08-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Would we have to REPLACE IT EVERY 15k miles or just this one time??? :?

I would change it every 15,000 miles if I had a X. Or you can do the simple test that I outlined above every 15,000 miles to check that your rely is working.

toku-one
08-28-2009, 12:18 PM
my car (now with 46k on it) had this problem.
i had been running with piping and the original factory flash for the last 24k miles. the original tune is probably the only reason i never seemed to have issues since it was always super rich.

when we dropped in the cams and tried to tune it, is where it finally became noticable, and after checking every possible component (fuel pump, injectors, connections, and maf) it all came down to this stupid little relay.

i am for sure going to pick me up a few

big boss
08-28-2009, 12:40 PM
:tickedoff: WTF! that Sucks THNX For the Info....

Looney Tuning
08-28-2009, 12:57 PM
my car (now with 46k on it) had this problem.
i had been running with piping and the original factory flash for the last 24k miles. the original tune is probably the only reason i never seemed to have issues since it was always super rich.

when we dropped in the cams and tried to tune it, is where it finally became noticable, and after checking every possible component (fuel pump, injectors, connections, and maf) it all came down to this stupid little relay.

i am for sure going to pick me up a few

Your car probably knocked like crazy even with the stock tune, you just did not log it to know about it. You probably had 10-14 counts of knock.

When did you noitce this?

Looney Tuning
08-28-2009, 04:02 PM
That is some great information, I don't own a X but I can appreciate good work. This is what the community should be all about :mitsu:

To me this is what the ECUflash community ought to be about. ECUflash is free, you only pay for the cable. Most of the tables in the Evo 8/9/10 rom have been discovered by volunteers (mrfred, tephra, malibujack, jcsbanks, etc.....). So if you are using ECUflash, its is your DUTY to share your findings will the rest. To me it is NOT optional. That is why I did the write-up on how to tune your Evo 8/9 and did this write up and the other about AFR and fuel trims. I will be doing another write-up on how to tune your Evo X.

IMO, the mission of ECUflash is to make tuning available to anyone who has the time and passion to tune their own car.

toku-one
08-29-2009, 03:50 AM
i logged my car and had like 7 counts over like 5000rpm, however i was also running a 9.8afr and the aem intake

Looney Tuning
08-29-2009, 10:23 AM
i logged my car and had like 7 counts over like 5000rpm, however i was also running a 9.8afr and the aem intake

So it was not leaning out on the stock tune and only started leaning out when you had it tuned? So the relay was not a problem until you had to tune it? That is odd. Usually a bad relay is a problem even on the stock tune.

toku-one
08-29-2009, 04:34 PM
it probably was leaning out on the stock tune... but my car always had an afr of like 9.1 to 10.1 so it never really stood out from log to log.

funks
09-04-2009, 11:20 PM
They got a new relay now, green in color (saw it at evoxforums). New part number is #8627A011.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b112/LVSBB6/EVO%20X/L1300862.jpg

gengo
02-18-2010, 12:29 AM
Green is SOOOO last season...

It's all about BLUE now!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k178/supergengo/P1000170.jpg

gengo
02-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Yes sir. Luckily they are cheaper than the greens. ~$10.
($16 with shipping from mitsubishiparts.net but you have to ask for USPS to get that price)

rl22
02-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Ive only seen a dozen of engines or so with windows in the blocks.* :'(* great way to inspect your rods and internals.* :-o

evolved13
02-18-2010, 11:30 PM
I was checking out a thread on a Canadian evo forum and they talked about the blue relay as for cold weather useage, the green as the normal relay.

rl22
02-18-2010, 11:37 PM
the blue relay is made by a company named omron, much better relay ive seen very little problems with those relays if any O0

erndevo
05-24-2010, 09:29 PM
Sry guys if I have to bring this here...would this problem apply to either tuned or untuned RAs? If so, would it be same fix? :?

rl22
05-25-2010, 07:58 AM
mostly tuned vehicles but it will affect stock vehicles as well

erndevo
05-25-2010, 12:31 PM
then this will apply to the RAs?

EVORX
06-14-2010, 09:27 PM
Is it true there is a new relay (blue) that works better than the green one?
What's the difference if you already have the green one?
and lastly who has one? (mitsubishiparts.net is on backorder)

part# is 8627A024

EVORX
06-14-2010, 09:29 PM
repost

Alfred@TTech
06-15-2010, 12:23 PM
We have a few of these in stock here at the shop. Let us know if anyone needs one as they go fast.

Alfred

jamesinger
06-15-2010, 01:08 PM
I just wanted to comment to say nice work!!

rl22
06-15-2010, 04:37 PM
scm has relays in stock

FUEL
06-15-2010, 05:02 PM
This is only for the 08 correct? the problem was fixed in the 2010's??

Mike W
06-15-2010, 06:09 PM
2010s still regularly come through with stinky old black relays. We put a new (blue) relay in all the Xs and RalliArts we tune for free.

Mike W

evolved13
06-15-2010, 06:54 PM
I noticed that the cost of the blue ones were less than half the price of the green ones from the dealer! Wonder why that is...

FUEL
06-15-2010, 07:36 PM
2010s still regularly come through with stinky old black relays. We put a new (blue) relay in all the Xs and RalliArts we tune for free.

Mike W

exact location of said relay?

Mike W
06-15-2010, 08:41 PM
All the black, blue and green relays look like what should be a $5 part. I was wondering not why it was half the price, I was wondering why they were double and quadruple price :-P Maybe the green relay company has a brother-in-law that works in the parts procurement dept @ MMC and made a sweet deal.

As far as location, it is in Naji's diagram on the first post of this thread. Unless you mean their location here at the shop,... they are on the shelf next to the MBCs right by the Zeitronix stuff in the parts room.

Mike W

Blaze
06-15-2010, 09:14 PM
I switched all my relays to green to match my Takatas.

Mike W
08-23-2011, 05:33 PM
The following applies to the 2008- to current EVO X and 2009 to current RalliArt.

I had a 2010 X come in for a tune last week. The car had basic mods just installed so it should have been good for a “before” pull on the dyno. After the before pull I’ll put in a boost pill and do the blue relay swap at the same time. Before the full pull I tipped into the throttle at 3500 rpm to check boost and AFR. It was super lean almost 12:1 afr. For a drop in filter and cat back exhaust it should have been high 10:1 or low 11s at least.

So I went straight for the fuel relay and swapped it with the blue one. AFR went right back to where it should. Bad black relay caught red-handed. So I figured cut it open to see what exactly is going on in there.

Cut open relay:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/fuelrelay/relay-open.JPG

Lever assy that the coil pulls sideways and pushes down on the contacts:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/fuelrelay/relay-coil-lever.JPG

I can only guess someone had the bright idea to make a low profile relay by laying the coil on its side. When energized it pulls a lever sideways that pushes down on the contacts.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/fuelrelay/relay-contacts.JPG

Maybe the little lever idea don’t quite make enough pressure on the contacts to keep a good connection? And/or the contact material is just not up to the job.

Here are both sides of the contacts of the dead relay:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/fuelrelay/relay-dead-2010a.JPG

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/fuelrelay/relay-dead-2010b.JPG

Pics of the contacts from a “working” realy from a 2010 EVO X:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/fuelrelay/relay-working-2010b.JPG

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/fuelrelay/relay-working-2010a.JPG

Already showing signs of impending death  Here are pics from a 2011 EVO X black relay with about 4k miles on it. Already not looking pretty:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/fuelrelay/relay-working-2011a.JPG

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/fuelrelay/relay-working-2011b.JPG

Just for reference, we are talking about this relay in the fuse box under the hood:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/ralliart/tech/relay-blueinstalled.jpg

This dead relay did not make a noise when shook. I can only imagine how dead for how long it would have to go before the contact actually burned off and rattled around inside. Do not rely on the salt shaker test to see if you have a dead relay. Also these pics show that it slowly degrades over time. It isn’t just working fine and then dies.

I see many threads with people speculating that at some point that EVO Xs or RalliArts get the better relay. I have yet to see a car come in the shop with an upgraded relay off the showroom floor.

Bottom line, it is just a crappy cheap relay that has no business doing an important job. Every time you are in and out of boost it is clicking on and off. That makes a little arc that slowly degrades the surface. The worse it gets, the more resistance you have and the more arc it makes. Every black relay is slowly eating its self. Either buy any upgraded one or at least do a shell game of swapping it with another less used black relay. By default every EVO X we tune gets a blue relay installed. Maybe 1 out of 10 Xs that come in already have an upgraded relay installed. All Xs should have a blue or green relay installed ASAP.

Mike W

Mike W
08-23-2011, 09:48 PM
I got curious and just popped the lid off a blue one. Looks like a proper relay inside. In the black relay the contact points look like a melted on blob of something. In the blue relay they are thicker, more substantial looking. The magnetic action is direct so it may mean a higher clamping force for a better connection.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/fuelrelay/bluerelay-lidoff.jpg

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evox/tech/fuelrelay/bluerelay-contacts.jpg

Mike W

amaev05
08-25-2011, 08:54 PM
hmm i would bet a little search thru a good electrical supply mcmaster carr or like could yeild a high quality unit. got a schematic?

2muchboost
08-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Mike,
How much does that blue relay cost?

Mike W
08-26-2011, 02:35 AM
Buying a blue relay from the dealer or EVO specialist yields a high quality unit. Like any relay, two of the pins do the switching, two of the pins get switched.

Blue relays are about $11

Mike W

2muchboost
08-26-2011, 02:58 AM
Buying a blue relay from the dealer or EVO specialist yields a high quality unit. Like any relay, two of the pins do the switching, two of the pins get switched.

Blue relays are about $11

Mike W

Thanks Mike,
Ill pick it up when I come in for the Down pipe install within the next few weeks.

stormbird
08-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks for shipping a blue one to me Mike(nowhere near a dealer). I cut open my black relay today at work just out of curiosity. 16k mi on the 100% stock car so far. The contact pads on mine aren't as bad as the ones you pictured above but there is definitely discoloration. I didn't have any symptoms yet but I sure wouldn't trust this relay to last 100k miles.

evoIXnoobie87
08-31-2011, 02:56 PM
who would design a magenetic solenoid to be used on its side.... someone should go back to engineering school for that one...:/

Mike W
08-31-2011, 04:02 PM
The same 'tard the designed the screw in plastic clips for the under tray and fender liners for the 8/9! After the relay he drew up the plastic clutch master cylinder for the X.

Mike W

2muchboost
08-31-2011, 04:20 PM
The same 'tard the designed the screw in plastic clips for the under tray and fender liners for the 8/9! After the relay he drew up the plastic clutch master cylinder for the X.

Mike W

ROFL! YEah... Such an amazing car but some things on it make you scratch your head.....

vicjerry007
11-21-2011, 10:25 PM
I noticed that the cost of the blue fuel pump (http://www.carparts.com/Fuel-Pumps/600022093.car) were less than half the price of the green ones from the dealer! Wonder why that is...

Mike W
11-21-2011, 10:49 PM
HAhaha, subliminal link driveby necro bumper strikes again! Mods and Admins dont five a fuck.

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=14232;sa=showPosts

http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?topic=114040

Mike W

itsoem
12-12-2011, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the update... I just found out I have black relay on both my wifes MR and my GSR... Figure sine they're both 2011's we'd be okay but, NOT!! I'll be picking up the good relays ASAP!!!

Surg
12-28-2012, 04:56 PM
On my way to pick up mine too. It's cheap insurance...

FUEL
12-29-2012, 01:10 AM
Does 2013 need the blue relay ?

AlphaKennyBody
12-29-2012, 01:21 AM

I'll check right now and tell you..... LOL...

BRB Walking out to car now to check....

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/737174_10151161392880025_1195033457_o.jpg

^ Taken Right now out of my 2013... It's safe to say YES I need relays Correct?* >:(

FUEL
12-29-2012, 01:59 AM
Thanks! youre awesome! saves me the trouble!!!

How much are these things anyways ? :?

Hass
12-29-2012, 02:03 AM
Thanks! youre awesome! saves me the trouble!!!

How much are these things anyways ? :?

http://www.sspperformance.com/product/ssp---relay-package/

AlphaKennyBody
12-29-2012, 02:13 AM
I'm sure you can Hit the Dealer.....

But I'm also Sure you can hit up RRE. I think they carry some in Stock.

FUEL
12-29-2012, 02:25 AM
Yeah I will be headed down there

Macky
12-29-2012, 02:43 AM

I'll check right now and tell you..... LOL...

BRB Walking out to car now to check....

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/737174_10151161392880025_1195033457_o.jpg

^ Taken Right now out of my 2013... It's safe to say YES I need relays Correct?* >:(

yup you need it. the one you have to replace is the black relay in between the green relay and the bigger black relay with the writing on the top.

Mike W
12-29-2012, 02:01 PM
From reading page 4 here you would think there was no page 3 :-/

Like I've said before in several threads, if the relay died on a stock car it would probably get faster. There is no reason for Mitsubishi to fix something that isnt broken for them. A tuned EVO X would not be a problem since every EVO X tuner knows of the problem and would not tune a car with a stock relay. A good EVO X tuner would include an upgraded relay with the tune.

People with the most exposure to having a problem with this are people that buy a car used and throw mods at it with no tune. But this issue is stickied on eveyy EVO forum and EVO X parts specialists have the issue highlighted so there is no excuse still.

And I still think that the admins here make money off the subliminal link driveby necro bumpers because even when I report the posts they leave it all there and permit it to continue to help confuse people.
http://www.socalevo.net/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=14232;sa=showPosts

Mike W

AlphaKennyBody
12-29-2012, 03:47 PM
Very Interesting... I barely have 1000 Miles on the X so I'll be stopping by to grab me a Relay.....

And Seriously wtf is up with the vickjerry guy? I didn't even notice it. My reply was for Angela since she asked about the 2013's lol FAil Mitsubishi!

Mike W
12-30-2012, 03:32 PM
And Seriously wtf is up with the vickjerry guy? I didn't even notice it. My reply was for Angela since she asked about the 2013's lol FAil Mitsubishi!

Apparently there is some way to make cash by inserting links into message board posts. The Google Spider Bots probably gives them more weight since it looks like a real recommendation instead of an ad. Dudes like him prolly figgered out that you need to hide them better from admins so you dont get your fake links deleted. But here on So Cal EVO I have reported the scam and they dont seem to care much. Maybe it is a way for them to supplement the income from vendors and SCM. About one out of 5 new members here are actually fake sleeper spammers.

Bad Black Relay Bump!

Mike W

GokuSSJ4
12-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Mike
Either you r under meds or need time off.
Lol never the less, RRE saves the day. Just wish Mitsu didn't change the valve cover after 2010 😔😔
It just seems that Mitsu cuts corner on certain areas in order to produce a car their able to obtain a descent margin. Every penny counts I take.
N mike , happy new year.
Lets hope 2013 brings a lot of changes to the site.

evolved13
12-30-2012, 10:26 PM
I hope we see amazing changes to this site by 2014... :angel:

Macky
12-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Mike
Either you r under meds or need time off.
Lol never the less, RRE saves the day. Just wish Mitsu didn't change the valve cover after 2010 😔😔
It just seems that Mitsu cuts corner on certain areas in order to produce a car their able to obtain a descent margin. Every penny counts I take.
N mike , happy new year.
Lets hope 2013 brings a lot of changes to the site.

here here

GokuSSJ4
12-31-2012, 12:18 AM
I hope we see amazing changes to this site by 2014... :angel:

I am limited to what I can do and depend on the founders of the site.
Otherwise, this wouldn't be the case. I know the update is over due. We will do everything possible to make it happen.
Anyhoot, this topic isn't the place for it.

Mike W
12-31-2012, 01:06 AM
Anyhoot, this topic isn't the place for it.

Yet vicjerry007 stands as a member and his posts with subliminal secret links advertising for JC Whitney and CarParts.com for free on So Cal EVO all clutter the site. For fun see how many message boards Vicjerry007 has infiltrated. Google "vicjerry007"

Back on subject:

The pills I have right now are the same color as the blue relays!

Mike W

GokuSSJ4
12-31-2012, 06:17 AM
Strong pills.... Will look into the name. If that's the case, will be taken care of.

Dan33man
06-13-2013, 08:22 AM
I had my car tuned by RRE and they told me the dealers know about this problem and have a newer relay... I bought it from RRE and put it in no problems as of now that I know of...

supergreen125
02-12-2015, 11:09 AM
Mike-
I already have the blue relay from when you tuned my car. Should it be replaced after a year or two or is it good for the life of the car?

joevo
02-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Lifetime, baby. But you can always check yourself. Just open up the relay and lick the contacts. If they seem rough, maybe it's time to replace. :flame:

supergreen125
02-13-2015, 01:35 PM
I opened up my blue relay today. It's been in the car for 1.5yrs (roughly 40k miles). There is a small dimple on each contact located dead center. The pics Mike posted of the new relay looked clean and smooth so there appears to be a very small amount of wear in that time. Probably nothing to be concerned with, but $11 is cheap insurance so I'll probably pick up another the next time I'm at the dealer for parts.