PDA

View Full Version : backfire

evox310
08-17-2009, 07:30 PM
ok i installed my test pipe and downpipe and got a retune. im noticing now when i shift between gears i will sometimes hear a backfire. im just wondering if ths is ok.

EvoPwr
08-17-2009, 07:35 PM
ok i installed my test pipe and downpipe and got a retune.Â* im noticing now when i shift between gears i will sometimes hear a backfire.Â* im just wondering if ths is ok.

It's not ok if the cops are behind you, but other than that it's fine

1GGEvo
08-17-2009, 07:36 PM
this is perfectly ok, and quite common.Â* It was also discussed here: http://www.socalevo.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=37&topic=83300.0 not too long ago.

Mike W
08-17-2009, 08:22 PM
Popping and a little fary with a bah-bump is normal running catless. But to me a "back fire" is a KA-POW with flames to light up traffic behind you with the hood rats pulling out they 38s... that is a bit much and not quite normal.

Mike W

EvoPwr
08-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Popping and a little fary with a bah-bump is normal running catless. But to me a "back fire" is a KA-POW with flames to light up traffic behind you with the hood rats pulling out they 38s... that is a bit much and not quite normal.

Mike W

quoted LOL

ultraflip
08-17-2009, 08:55 PM
sounds illegal and not street legal

captain-stl
08-18-2009, 08:35 PM
damn Mike ..you got it done already.. so how much whp did you gain?

captain-stl
08-18-2009, 08:43 PM
that sounds good.. I am still not sure what am I going to do but before I do anything I need to get my wife a coach purse so she wont give me any crap about the $$$ that I am going to spend on parts

urneighborhood
08-31-2009, 07:54 PM
i backfire A LOT when i was giving gas in first, second and third fire..
and the car doesnt accelerate as smooth anymore.
before taht happened, i installed HKS spark plugs and navi..
but knowing that spark plugs wont be the major reason makin any of these problems,
i wonder what is going on with my X..especially when backfire shouldnt happen when gasing, only when letting go of the gas.
in addition to that, i had my car tuned at HB speed about 3 monthes ago, the result was 325whp.
after that, i left the car in the garage for 2 monthes, but it has been turned on and off without driving. when i drive it again about a week ago, i start to gain a lot of boost to about 30psi..
after that, i installed a HKS wastegate actuator so that it could hold more boost
now i am waiting for my turbosmart MBC and see if anything improves...
however, please let me know if any adjustment should be made in order to get the car going again..
i am not happy at the car at all for now...

urneighborhood
08-31-2009, 07:58 PM
this is my 'mod list"

SSR Type F RS 18x9 +32 (fuk boring setup)
Nitto Invo 245/40
Greddy Ti-C turbo back (single exit)
HKS R-Suction intake
HKS upper and lower intercooler pipe kit
HKS wastegate actuator
HKS spark plugs
HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer
Sard Racing BOV
JIC Magic Coilover
Cusco Sway Bars
Defi boost gauge
HB Speed Tuned

STIH8TER
08-31-2009, 08:01 PM
sounds illegal and not street legal

Im getting 310whp with just tune/reflash and exhaust plus air intake. I think thats reasonable for the street. I aint too loud either just a nice purr rumble on my car.
Heh you'll find out later that you might wanna go back from doing that if cops are on your ass all the time. I just do it simple; exhaust, air intake and tune. U dont need to be that loud in the streets where people will be noticing you commin by. Well if you track it then thats ok. Careful dude.

Mike W
09-02-2009, 10:23 AM
in addition to that, i had my car tuned at HB speed about 3 monthes ago, the result was 325whp.
after that, i left the car in the garage for 2 monthes, but it has been turned on and off without driving. when i drive it again about a week ago, i start to gain a lot of boost to about 30psi..
after that, i installed a HKS wastegate actuator so that it could hold more boost
however, please let me know if any adjustment should be made in order to get the car going again..

You had your car tuned for lower boost, raised the boost and now it runs worse? Higher boost is never a remedy for bad running cars. Get your boost down for now and get back to your tuner for a check up before you blow it up. Putting a MBC on a bad running car is a bad idea. I doubt your car was tuned and set up for 30 psi.

Mike W

GokuSSJ4
09-02-2009, 11:00 AM
30psi.. YIKES!!!!!

urneighborhood
09-02-2009, 02:33 PM

You had your car tuned for lower boost, raised the boost and now it runs worse? Higher boost is never a remedy for bad running cars. Get your boost down for now and get back to your tuner for a check up before you blow it up. Putting a MBC on a bad running car is a bad idea. I doubt your car was tuned and set up for 30 psi.

Mike W

thanks for advising, and thats what i have figured out too. it would be a bad idea to put MBC
i would probably bring the car to roadrace for a check up...

HB Speed
09-02-2009, 10:47 PM
but knowing that spark plugs wont be the major reason makin any of these problems,
i wonder what is going on with my X..especially when backfire shouldnt happen when gasing, only when letting go of the gas.
Holy chit dude bring the car by and we can adjust that
no way would 30 psi be ok the MAX i run on pump is 27-28

Blk Mivo IX
09-02-2009, 11:55 PM
backfire is alright. its pretty awesome actually.
i even backfire and im only running an axleback lol

urneighborhood
09-03-2009, 03:14 AM
Holy chit dude bring the car by and we can adjust that
no way would 30 psi be ok the MAX i run on pump is 27-28

yup, thats what i am about to do and give you a call ronnie haha..
i guess the boost got messed up a bit because i didnt drive for quite a while...
and the boost got up to 30psi itself..
however, i adjusted it by gettin the HKS wastegate..now 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th gear are stable on 22psi
but 3rd gears pops up to 24psi dunno why..
but i guess i need a retune sometime soon