PDA

View Full Version : RRE + FP RED + CAMS + E85 = :)

DC_TypeR
08-22-2009, 11:58 AM
Mike W and Scot Gray of Road Race Engineering worked there magic on my set up. I've gone green!

Go Fast/Cooling Mods List:

Sea Trab Oil Cooler #640
Perma Cool Power Steering Cooler (relocated w/ custom brackets)
PWR Radiator
Apexi 2.75" JDM Catback Back exhaust (VERY Restrictive)
Road Race Engineering Stainless Steel 3” Test Pipe
ETS Downpipe /O2 housing
Forced Performance FP Red Turbo , Ported
Forge Motor Sports Waste gate Actuator
ETS Lower Intercooler Pipe
Road Race Engineering Upper Intercooler pipe
ETS 4” Intercooler
Road Race Engineering Intake
Synapse Synchronic Blow Off Valve
Cosworth MX1 Camshafts
RC Engineering 1000CC Injectors
AMS Performance Fuel Rail
Walbro Fuel Pump
Road Race Engineering Custom Catch Can

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/evox-chris/fpred-8-09/E-85-447HP.jpg

Here is RRE's Contact Information:

Road Race Engineering

13022 La Dana Ct.
Santa Fe Springs, Ca. 90670

Tel (562) 777-1522
Fax (562) 777-1562

Email : [email protected]

****Before anyone tries to dyno race.... This Dyno reads as low as the 2 local AWD Dyno Jets in Southern California. *****

My Baseline Dyno numbers on my car were:

246whp, 271 torque - baseline

447whp, 406 torque - current

I'm sure you can do the math, if you can't... that's +201whp, and +135 lbs torque

There is PLENTY left in this set up.

1st thing we are doing next week, is dropping that crappy Apexi JDM bling bling 2.75" restrictive exhaust (has a 2" diameter resonator) in for a FULL 3" free flowing exhaust.

I am also thinking about switching out the 2.5" Lower IC pipe, to a full 3" lower. ( I seen some pretty decent gains from this, on my previous set up.)

Then we are going to re-tune @ the same boost level.... and then possibly crank it up to around 33psi to see if we can hit around 475-480.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to post or PM

Thanks for looking!,
Chris

sneakypete
08-22-2009, 12:14 PM
Wow, congrats. Screw the numbers, how does the car feel on the road? It probably pull like a mofo.

mondizzie_evo
08-22-2009, 12:34 PM
wow.. what a beast
if you get rid of ur old licp
ill galdly take it lol =]

DC_TypeR
08-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Wow, congrats. Screw the numbers, how does the car feel on the road? It probably pull like a mofo.

Haha... car isn't driven daily... but I do plan on taking it for a "test drive" before it's sold :)

wow.. what a beast

YGPM

Enjoitk
08-22-2009, 06:30 PM
would a larger uicp do any justice or no

Skiracer
08-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Congrats and welcome to the Cornfed club O0

1WkdEvo
08-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Chris, can you post the boost log? Looks like it is hitting full boost earlier than a Red on a IX

casperdomo
08-22-2009, 07:16 PM
pOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DC_TypeR
08-22-2009, 07:31 PM
would a larger uicp do any justice or no

I personally think, yes.
The dyno will tell all.

Congrats and welcome to the Cornfed club O0

Thank you sir!

Chris, can you post the boost log? Looks like it is hitting full boost earlier than a Red on a IX

Here you go Sean:
http://www.roadraceengineering.com/dynapack/dynos/evox-chris/fpred-8-09/E-85-447HP-BOOST.jpg

You know Mike W and Scot G get down on the tuning!

pOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes sir!

4G63 FEVER
08-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Wow, congrats.* Screw the numbers, how does the car feel on the road?* It probably pull like a mofo.

Haha... car isn't driven daily... but I do plan on taking it for a "test drive" before it's sold :)

wow.. what a beast

YGPM

Why does someone build a car just to sell it? I don't understand this logic.

DC_TypeR
08-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Wow, congrats.* Screw the numbers, how does the car feel on the road?* It probably pull like a mofo.

wow.. what a beast

YGPM

Why does someone build a car just to sell it? I don't understand this logic.

For what it's worth... I didn't build this car just to sell it. I planned to build this car, and time attack it for 2009. What I didn't plan on was losing my job halfway through this process..

Thanks for the bump, and your off topic post.

-Chris

Enjoitk
08-22-2009, 11:44 PM
well you can say you made one of the sickest evo X's now. i always have to look at your car when i stop by the shop

scumdog
08-22-2009, 11:56 PM
reads as low as a dyno jet? or as high as a dyno jet? What mods did you have before these mods? nice gains!!

gt40
08-23-2009, 12:13 AM
Awesome results Chris. Good luck with the car and job situ

leaveit2bevo
08-23-2009, 12:26 AM
wow thing spooled way faster than I expected

1WkdEvo
08-23-2009, 01:02 AM
Dyno reads lower than the local DJ's and 9.3% higher on whp than the GST Mustang on whp based on recent posts

MJCT9A
08-23-2009, 01:42 AM
Can someone enlighten me, usually X's make greater torque than horsepower. In this case it's making more hp?

Great results either way. Hope things look better for you in the future so we could see your X competing at the Time Attacks O0

Mike W
08-23-2009, 02:41 AM
Boost down low makes mad torque numbers. Stock turbos on motors that can run high boost down low make more torque than hp. EXO Xs usually have stock turbos.

Or let me 'spain it another way:

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/ralliart/silly-stuff/splaination.jpg

Mike W

Enjoitk
08-23-2009, 09:51 AM
HAHAHAHHAHAHA freakin mike ftw. great 'spainin

EvoPwr
08-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Boost down low makes mad torque numbers. Stock turbos on motors that can run high boost down low make more torque than hp. EXO Xs usually have stock turbos.

Mike W

That equation explains all

earlyapex
08-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Nice, welcome to the E85 Army.

I'm curious what your IDC's where at this level?

I maxed out a set of bosch 950-1000cc @113% IDC on a Evo 10 yesterday. E85 @ only 25psi on a dominator 2 making 405whp on our dyno, which by your "9.3%" rule would be about the same as what your evo just put down.

I'm thinking the bosch injectors flow alot less than advertised.

GokuSSJ4
08-23-2009, 04:23 PM
if the car is ever driven,.... Sorry but the car is a show queen at RRE; anyone who happens to be at RRE will appreciate a well built car with a lot of goodies to envy. I'm sure the OP has its good reason why he decides not to drive the car at all..

Mike W
08-23-2009, 07:03 PM
It has RC 1000s on it. Wired in with a resistor pack.

I agree on the alleged sizes of the skinny Bosch looking ones.

Mike W

MJCT9A
08-23-2009, 07:45 PM

Mike W

Makes sense.

fusionchicken
08-24-2009, 01:50 AM

seriously!! :uglystupid2:

hits full boost only 500rpm later than my stock X with just a tune...with a shit ton more power all over the place, must be nice to have that kinda power!

i want an e85 station closer to my house, damn it.

DC_TypeR
08-24-2009, 12:41 PM
if the car is ever driven,.... Sorry but the car is a show queen at RRE; anyone who happens to be at RRE will appreciate a well built car with a lot of goodies to envy. I'm sure the OP has its good reason why he decides not to drive the car at all..

The car has NEVER been 100% ready to drive, until now.* Your right though, the car is never driven.* It just sits and looks pretty for the time being.* When it is sold, I am sure the new owner will track the shit outta it.

well you can say you made one of the sickest evo X's now. i always have to look at your car when i stop by the shop

Thanks man, appreciate that.* I always have to look at it to when I stop by also* :crazy2:

Awesome results Chris.* Good luck with the car and job situ

Thanks Mark.* But we all know the credit goes to Mike W and Scot G. They did an awesome tuning job on this beast.

Same thing I said when I seen the charts.* I was surprised.

Great results either way. Hope things look better for you in the future so we could see your X competing at the Time Attacks O0

Thanks man, I hope so as well.