PDA

View Full Version : idle and throttle problems, HELP!!!!

carlosf
08-23-2009, 01:09 PM
hello everyone,

ok so i have an evo x with an ams intake, ams upper intercooler pipes, and a greddy ti-c exhaust. Everything seemed to be running ok in the beginning. i took my car out one day and started doing doughnuts, redlining, ect. Later that day i felt my car wasnt running the same. Now it seems like my throttle doesnt respond well and when i hit the pedal to the floor it seems it takes way to long for it to get up to speed. also my idle goes up and down every now and then. Does anybody know what the problem could be? is it that i need a tune? or could it be something else?

EvoPwr
08-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Could be a few different things. A tune will always help though especially since you have modified the engine. RRE would be able to help diagnose the problem.

www.roadraceengineering.com

Mike W
08-23-2009, 01:32 PM
You always need a tune on an X before beating the living crap out of your car with an assortment of aftermarket parts. Before is always better than after :-)

Get your car to the nearest EVO X tuner ASAP for some basic diagnosis, a quick log at WOT and a code check. If you cant afford a tune at least stop beating on the poor thing for the time being. Possibilities include a FPR hose popped off, big plug gap, detonated to death spark plug/plugs, hurt piston, limpy modes, boost leak and much more.

You can bring it by RRE any weekday in the late afternoon or early evening. [email protected] or at least some tuner ASAP. This isnt something to do over the internets.

Mike W

Mike W

carlosf
08-24-2009, 07:01 AM
The reason i havent gotten my car tuned is im kind of tight on money right now but i will try to get it tuned ASAP. Mike could you pm me and tell me how much a diagnostics will cost me at roadrace?

carlosf
08-24-2009, 08:36 AM
ok i checked to make sure all the hoses were in place and found that one of the hoses from the intercooler pipes was loose. I am assuming that is what is causing the problem.

Mike W
08-24-2009, 12:00 PM
That would certainly muck things up a bit.

15 minutes of diagnosis in the driveway and a test drive is always free. Beyond that is is the shop labor rate until what ever a problem is figured out and fixed. If it is something easy like a hose loose it might be found in the driveway. If it was a busted piston it would be a bit more work and found after a compression test and look with a borescope.

Mike W

Ion619
08-24-2009, 12:15 PM
boost leak.. i saw it :)..