PDA

View Full Version : Info Request: Pulstar Pulse Plugs

captain-stl
08-28-2009, 07:16 PM
hey guys I dont know it you guys have seen or use the Pulstar Pulse Plugs.. I seen them on mags and online.. has any one seen real test on this or try them on their evos... any info is appreciated.. thank you in advaced.

Edit by mod: Subject

Mike W
08-28-2009, 07:55 PM
I have always had nothing but problems with foo-foo crazy new idea plugs on turbo cars.

Mike W

captain-stl
08-28-2009, 08:13 PM
so did you try this ones? I been looking to see if there is some thing about them but cant find anything... all I know about them is the info from there site.. and they are going to make them selfs look good nomater what

booster310
09-10-2009, 06:26 AM
Dude dont use those plugs, i tried them on my ix and it misfired like a mofo, they are crap.

captain-stl
09-10-2009, 10:08 AM
Thanks forthe info

Massimo Power
09-10-2009, 10:23 AM
crap...

stick to NGK... sometimes denso... lol

#1Noob
10-26-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm not saying it's a reason to use them (and yes I do understand that they buy advertising from magazines) but DSport tested them in a 350Z, a Type-R Integra and an EVO IX awhile back and they made significant power (like 2-6 HP at the flywheel). Like I said, I understand the tests could be a bit bias but it's also a good science article on why it should work. Now with that being said, I don't know if I'd be comfortable spending $100+ on a set of fancy spark plugs.

Blaze
10-27-2009, 09:30 AM
6 CHP is roughly 2% power gain over stock.Â*

I'm not sure how everyone else is measures dollar to HP value, but you can get 2% by letting the car cool down before the next pull or it just varies one way or the other.Â* 3 pulls with identical mods are never the same...

#1Noob
10-27-2009, 04:34 PM
I'm not trying to start a war, just expressing opinion. I see your point but I think the argument is poor. For argument's sake, let's just say the plugs work, they cost $100 and they give you 6hp. That would equate to $16.67/HP. People here spend $300-$800 for intakes, $600-$2,000 for exhausts. Are you really gonna try to tell me that intakes will give you 18-48hp or that exhausts will give you 36-120hp? If the plugs work, and I never said they did, they give a better ROI than anything else you can buy for the motor. Yes 2% is small, but using that argument why buy anything for your car? A $400 intake will only give you a 3-4% gain (10-12hp maybe), which is pretty small too and a worse ROI.

Maybe I didn't understand your point, but I read it as it's pointless to buy something that will only give you such a small ROI that can be had just by cooling your car down. My point is everything on it's own only adds a miniscule amount, but the sum of the parts is greater than...I forget the rest of that cliche but you get my drift.

captain-stl
10-27-2009, 05:05 PM
hey nood I understand your point.. and yeah if it works is only a small gain on top of the added power so is not so bad after all and the power gain should be different in every model.. but its just another way to try to add power to our cars .. my be blaze ment that its not worth in his own experience since is only 6 hp for $100.. but if you get the injen intake is about $500 for only 24 hp so that only gives you 1 hp for $20.84 and the spark plugs would give you 1 hp for 16.67.. I think if it works is a good investment.. but hey the is just my opinion.. so no sure if I am going to get this but maybe one day try them to see if they work

Mike W
10-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Well whoever buys these magic beans bring 'em by and we'll do a before and after dyno test on them for free. Three runs stock plugs, three runs magic beans plugs, three runs stock plugs again and three runs magic beans plugs again. All dyno pulls at the same coolant temp.

Mike W

captain-stl
10-27-2009, 11:40 PM
hey that sounds interesting.. I might take you on your offer Mike

slonez
02-22-2010, 08:26 AM
They don't make one for the X yet.
How about the brisk plugs? Any before/after dyno result?