PDA

View Full Version : Question about clutch and gas pedal

vernisog
09-05-2009, 07:18 PM
For starters its an MR with 28k on it. and stock clutch. My last one had an ACT when i bought it so this is why I don't know really. So the questions are as follows..

My gas pedal seems like it really is unresponsive when I first tap it. Like if I were to try to rev match it would take 2 taps of the throttle. Does it need adjustment? This also takes me to the 2nd question..

When I go to take off from a dead stop I have to really slip it in order for it not to stutter and shake. Not sure if it's just me cause I haven't driven one in so long but it just doesn't seem normal. Or is my clutch going? It's under warranty and I don't launch the car, have a single mod, etc so I don't know how they are on replacing these things if need be. I don't have the money for an ACT yet tho.

mad pup
09-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Can't help with the laggy gas pedal because I've never driven another Evo so I have no basis for comparison.

Regarding your clutch shudder, mine does the same thing, but only when it's cold. Every morning, it will shudder unless I slip it from a higher rpm (1500+rpm). Once it's warmed up I can slip it from 1000-1200rpm like I normally do and it doesn't shudder.

Does your clutch get smoother when the car's warmed up?

Massimo Power
09-17-2009, 12:27 PM
what you are experiancing is clutch chatter.. it may be due to warped components due to launching or heavy abuse of the clutch. Or it could be from replacing the clutch without replacing or resurfacing the flywheel.

As for the throttle response.. it might just be you.. O0

jdmcwestevo
09-17-2009, 12:30 PM
if you want a second opinion i can take a look at it man and let you know if there is something wrong or if its just in ur head lol

vernisog
09-17-2009, 04:50 PM
It does the opposite, it gets like that when it's warm. I adjusted the clutch a little and adjusted my driving and seems like it goes away. Now I'm just getting 2nd gear grind when it's a little cold. I try to let it warm up for a while but no matter what the first couple throws to 2nd grind ever so slightly.

The gas pedal lag I think is just the flywheel and I'm not used to it. My last car had a lightened flywheel and it was like rev on demand lol.

The car is used but it's 100% bone stock never been touched. I just can't vouch for how it was driven.