PDA

View Full Version : radio help plz

evob
09-09-2009, 11:34 PM
my efffing radio hasnt been working for the past few days. its oem i was wondering if its just common bcuz the oem sucks and im now forced to buy a new one or if its fixable, as much as i love listening to my exhausts beautiful sound i like music for long drives and waiting in the car. anyways allow me to explain
off and on the past week or so whenever i hit a bump or pothole or whatever, even at slow speeds, my stereo would skip, whether its ipod cd or radio. and as of a few days ago it just stopped making noise. the unit itself still accepts cds, displays channels the knobs work and aside from no sound coming out i would think its fine. i know my speakers arent broken because my parrot bluetooth still works fine and sound still comes out of the speakers flawlessly. can someone give me an idea of what could be wrong? how i can fix it? anyone in the san fernando valley that can help me out? i live in the 805 but no one out here shows me love lol so ive been meeting people in the valley since they seem nicer. is this common in evos? help a brown man out

EvoVIIIGSR
09-09-2009, 11:59 PM
my .02, though I'm not quite experienced with car audio...but have you allready checked the connections in the back of the unit? Off the bat, it kind of sounds that every time you would hit a bump....the loose connection would move (i.e. "the skip"). Eventually, the loose connection would work itself free and lose output...as seems to be your case where radio functionality is still retained.

Unfortunately, I'm out here in the 310...otherwise I'd be glad to lend a helping hand! Best of luck bro, I hope it helps.

evob
09-10-2009, 12:05 AM
hey thanks for replying man. yeah that makes a lot of sense. ill have to do that first thing in the morning. i wanna do it now but i dont have sufficient light or lighting, need to invest in that for late night jobs lol. thanks for the input it does help O0

EvoVIIIGSR
09-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Glad to help out whenever I can O0 I know how you feel about wanting to solve the prob right away, but lacking certain elements to do so. I was the same way when my evo kept blowing an fuse due to a short in the o2 wiring....lmk how it turns out! I used to work @ an auto parts store....so I'm defintely used to troubleshooting diff systems. Keeping my fingers crossed for you bro

Drifting Away
09-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Sounds like bad wiring, come down let and let me check it out. Worst case I have a stock radio that I dont need and willing to let it go for like $10. But I know I can fix your problem.

evob
09-10-2009, 10:35 AM
where are you located?

Drifting Away
09-10-2009, 03:06 PM
Oceanside PM me for my contact info.