PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarm or Kill switch type anti-theft?

lvevo
09-20-2009, 02:31 PM
I've been searching this forum and found some interesting things for anti-theft, but I know new things come out and the last thread is dated from July 2009. Just wanted peoples experience on things they have used because shops can be pushy about certain products.

I'm not sure if I should get an alarm, or kill switch type anti-theft.

rocinevoIX
09-20-2009, 02:39 PM
i have the kill switch i love it, and i think its safe, the only thing they can get out of my car is a harness bar and good luck taking it off and my harnesses....

other then tat no biggy.....

wickedIX
09-20-2009, 02:42 PM
I wouldn't worry about an alarm or kill switch. If someone jacks your ride, do you really want it back? If so, just go with Lojack. It really works. I find em' daily.

evobros
09-20-2009, 02:54 PM
most alarms have kill swithes now days... i have the viper recovery system on mine and lojack......

laz1e
09-20-2009, 02:56 PM
any good alarm install shops in the 626 area? i was hoping to get an alarm with remote start and trunk pop...

Skiracer
09-20-2009, 02:59 PM
You can always pull a fuse that won't let the car start. Or, connect a toggle switch to that fuse as well. As for me, i keep the car in "valet" mode where the car is set so that it won't rev above 4K RPM in any gear...So if they steal my ride, they are going for a very slow ride....

evobros
09-20-2009, 04:33 PM
any good alarm install shops in the 626 area? i was hoping to get an alarm with remote start and trunk pop...

Y would u want a remote start on a manual?????

And also I've seen that with the new viper alarms u could program it and use it as a turbo timer :)

lvevo
09-20-2009, 08:39 PM
You can always pull a fuse that won't let the car start. Or, connect a toggle switch to that fuse as well. As for me, i keep the car in "valet" mode where the car is set so that it won't rev above 4K RPM in any gear...So if they steal my ride, they are going for a very slow ride....

Please enlighten me with details on your set-up.

new041123
09-28-2009, 12:41 PM
pulling a fuse off is too much of work if the car is daily. I'd go with Viper 2 way alarm which is far more safe than standard 1 way alarm. It will cost you money but it is better than getting your car jacked. In my opinion, if someone wants your car really bad, there not much you can do to stop them unless you put car in your garage.

Seriously... some pros can take your car away in less than 2 minutes.....

Platinum_Evo
11-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Get Insurance and GAP. If they are gone, let it be gone and get a new one!

weeman3102
12-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Im an installer and the Viper product is the best on the market hands down. For both automatic and manual (the ready mode is a pain, but well worth it). Pay the money and get it done right, I see too many EVO's with hack wireing and ghetto rig setups for security. As for insurance, if your car is stolen with a viper alarm in it, DEI will pay up to 2500 towards your deductable. You really can't beat it. Yes the Compustar(/pro) stuff is easy to use, but anybody who buys a RF code grabber at radio shack for a hundred buck can disarm, start your car and cut the break wire and has 15 min to get somewhere warm to rip it to pieces. There's no encryption at all on the 433Mhz. Buy Viper... plus the remotes look really cool.