PDA

View Full Version : Car wouldnt start and now i smell burning oil

Nismothecat
09-20-2009, 03:50 PM
i have an 08 Evo X, yesterday when leaving my friends house my car wouldnt start. i had to try twice and the 2nd time i gave it some gas and it started. after driving for 10 minutes to my house i smelled burning oil, popped the hood and it smelled like it was coming from the turbo or area around the turbo. anyone know what it could be?? only mods are an AEM intake, and it only has 1800 miles.

jdmcwestevo
09-20-2009, 04:37 PM
shoot me a pm we can take care of that for you. sounds like a warranty issue with the turbo.

x[corwyn]
09-20-2009, 07:50 PM
i have an 08 Evo X, yesterday when leaving my friends house my car wouldnt start. i had to try twice and the 2nd time i gave it some gas and it started. after driving for 10 minutes to my house i smelled burning oil, popped the hood and it smelled like it was coming from the turbo or area around the turbo. anyone know what it could be?? only mods are an AEM intake, and it only has 1800 miles.

Did you have the OEM battery swapped out yet? The battery is a known issue. I had mine swapped out recently under warranty.

EvoPwr
09-20-2009, 08:17 PM
The best thing to do would be to take it to the dealership, only 1800 miles, if it is warranty, which it should be, it will be all taken care of, no need to go to a shop