PDA

View Full Version : should i get UICP? or no?

nick198867
09-30-2009, 04:03 PM
hi guys,
im new to Evo X, i was wondering if i will get any different on UICP with a tune?
thanks
Nick

apexct9a
09-30-2009, 07:16 PM
What mods do you already have? An UICP wont help really with power on a stock evo, if you evo is still a virgin i wouls start at the exhaust and move toward the engine, with the only exception being a intake or at least a drop in panel filter. For example ( Catback exhaust, test pipe or high flow cat, downpipe, o2 housing, ported exhaust manifold, a intake or k&n type filter, and a tune. With those mods you can get a nice increase in power. After that cams, bigger intercooler, and less restrictive ic pipes would start to help squeezing what you can out of the stock turbo until you junk it and go with bigger if you decide to.

nick198867
09-30-2009, 09:11 PM
thanks for answering me, but i can't really done much due to my parent.
my goal is around 300 hp and torque to the wheel, well, of coz higher is better.
i just got the car, and im planning to get a hermen intake and a tune. do you think i can get the number that i want? and what else do you recomment? again, i can't do something that is very obvious, so exhaust is a NO for sure.
please help.

apexct9a
09-30-2009, 09:42 PM
I would go with a intake that is carb exempt im 99% sure the aem intake is exempt for the X since the carb number is CARB EO #: D-392-31 . Megan racing has a stealth flat black cat back that is fairly quiet my friend has one. Now if what your saying is your parent's dont want you to mod it then i would go with a intake and mild cams with a tune. but the biggest bang for the buck is to open that exhaust with a free flowing one.

My recommendation for your situation is this:

AEM intake $283
brian crower stage 2 mild cams $550
Invidia One Piece Down-Pipe/Test-Pipe $262

you should get over 300awhp easy with a tune while keeping the stock catback.

nick198867
09-30-2009, 09:55 PM
i heard that the one piece down and test pipe will show wanning light in the car, is it true?
also what does mild cams do?
beside AEM intake? what else i can get? i kinda want a open intake, so that i can hear the BOV.
thanks

mangoes
09-30-2009, 11:43 PM
Cams arent exactly necessary yet for his power needs. With the X the UICP actually does make a pretty nice difference since the stock one is just the poopy squishy one =\.

The AEM intake will let you hear the BOV.

If you can't do exhaust, get a test pipe. It's not noticeable, unless you look under the car. It might smell a bit more though hehe and it may be a teensy bit louder.

But an intake, test pipe, + tune will for sure get you over 300 whp. The UICP will help too.

nick198867
09-30-2009, 11:49 PM
oh, thanks!
but i can't get the exhaust becaue of the loud...
btw, what is carb exempt? im confuse with this word.
sorry, im very new.

mangoes
09-30-2009, 11:52 PM
The test pipe wont be loud.

Carb = legal, sorta. haha

Pretty much if the product has a carb sticker, that means its legal, but it all depends on how gay the cop wants to be toward you.

nick198867
10-01-2009, 12:25 AM
i see i see, thanks
but recently, i saw a post that said the AMS test pipe did not gain anything? yes? no?
also what about LICP? what does it do? will this gain number too?

apexct9a
10-01-2009, 08:02 AM
Im sure there is horsepower to be had with a uicp but im not sure if the price vs the gains would be worth it. getting a test pipe or just buying a idownpipe with a intergrated test pipe will not throw a check engine light once it gets tuned. You could also just do a drop in filter which would let you hear the BOV more along with just cams and a tune. Before i went mod crazy on my VIII i had 272/272 cams installed with a drop in filter and a testpipe with a tune everything else was left untouched. I made 40 AWHP on that for under a $1000.00

Talontsi150
10-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Well when you do a boost leak test on your stock system, and see you UICP rise by it self, that lets you know time for hard piping.. You will feel instant hp when u put UICP on. The boost hits much hard, it was like day and night on my car...

nick198867
10-01-2009, 11:30 AM
i see i see! thanks guys.
which test pipe and UICP do you guys recomment? what does LICP do?
thanks

mangoes
10-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Test pipe can be had at RRE (road race engineering). The short downpipe doesn't make power. The long downpipe with integrated o2 housing will make power. A test pipe will for sure make power.

For UICP go with Nisei.

djibutievo87
10-01-2009, 12:41 PM
u should go to the noobs section.. theres a post there that will tell pretty much everything on modding the evo.

Azian
10-01-2009, 12:45 PM
RRE resonated testpipe, AMS long downpipe, Nisei uicp, ams/nisei licp, AMS intercooler, aem intake, boost pill and your good to go :D

maybe you will even be able to get away with a rre stealth exhaust tooÂ* :roll:

for tuning I'd go to RRE after you get all of your mods that is

djibutievo87
10-01-2009, 12:48 PM
u should go to the noobs section.. theres a post there that will tell pretty much everything on modding the evo. O0

EvoVIIIGSR
10-01-2009, 12:52 PM
CARB is an acronym for California Air Resources Board. They are the ppl up north that dictate what is and isn't deemed 'street legal'. Road Race Engineering is another very stealth option for an exhaust. Since they dont have a jig for the CZ4A as of yet, each X exhaust is still custom. They can build it anywhere in tone from super quiet to nice and powerful for you.

itsoem
10-01-2009, 01:00 PM
u should go to the noobs section.. theres a post there that will tell pretty much everything on modding the evo. O0

I agree....

nick198867
10-01-2009, 04:02 PM
thanks for helping, i went to noobs section too, it helped alot.
im kinda interested in T1R Intercooler Pipe Set, it said included the UICP and LICP, is it really?
from the picture, it only seen to include the little top part of the LICP tho. is this going to be enough for the LICP? or need to be the whole pipe?