PDA

View Full Version : OEM 3 PORT Solenoid

RALLInspired
10-01-2009, 12:15 AM
I just got my 1st shot at testing the recently discovered OEM "EGR Vacuum Regulator Solenoid Valve".Â* Very impressive piece SO FAR and it seem to have great potential for holding boost.Â* This is still in the initial testing phase on an evo that i will be tuning later this week.Â* Very straight forward install with the 3 boost lines and its plug and play.

Credit goes to Evo_Kid and the other great minds on evom for this find.

pic from GST.
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/elkeekerdude/Evo%20Tuning/OEM_3PORT.jpg

I started with a WGDC of 50% which is where i normally start with GM 3 ports and boost line pills. We hit 28psi by 4000!!!
this was just the 1st test run to see how it would do and all i can say is that im thankful for boost cut.Â* Stupid mistake on my part.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/elkeekerdude/Evo%20Tuning/1stOEM3portrun.png

i reflashed for 30% WGDC and hit ~18psi

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/elkeekerdude/Evo%20Tuning/2ndOEM3portrun.png

boost cut was hit again. and load was in line with that boost level.

I will be doing some further testing later this week on 91 and possibly E85 and will be posting the results. this solenoid shows great potential and really caught me off guardÂ* O0. i will see how this thing can do when i finish tuning this car.Â* it was 2004 EVO 8. i would test it on my IX but im using the GM so im a little lazy to put the OEM plug back in.

alan678
10-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Any pics of said unit?

prime8
10-01-2009, 12:21 AM
lmk
when u find them
either this one or the gm 3 port
i really really need to get this lol

phoreal
10-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Abel youll love this unit

prime8
10-01-2009, 12:24 AM
Abel youll love this unit
:2funny:"unit"

evopaul
10-01-2009, 12:26 AM
Great find...There's so much hidden potential in these cars ,it's unreal! O0
Tell ur wife to take time to relax ,and spend some quality time with your kid.Things happen for a reason. O0

phoreal
10-01-2009, 12:27 AM
:2funny: fag

but it holds boost really well.. IMHO its really simple to install no harness bs and at 50% wgdc i hit 28psi

RALLInspired
10-01-2009, 12:42 AM
Great find...There's so much hidden potential in these cars ,it's unreal! O0
Tell ur wife to take time to relax ,and spend some quality time with your kid.Things happen for a reason. O0

thank you that means a lot.Â* as far as the car it makes me wonder why mitsu didn't do it to begin with.

:2funny: fag

but it holds boost really well.. IMHO its really simple to install no harness bs and at 50% wgdc i hit 28psi

we'll see what we can do but wow what a 1st impression.

StockEVO
10-01-2009, 02:35 AM
Toyota (Denso) is your friend.

vernisog
10-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Let me know when you got this figured out Rick. I alsmost have my exhaust so I'm gonna want you to tune my 9 :)

RALLInspired
10-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Let me know when you got this figured out Rick. I alsmost have my exhaust so I'm gonna want you to tune my 9 :)

this thread was just a place for me to post results on this piece since no seems to have done much testing on them yet or have posted any test results... a few have done so on evom but nothing thourough as of yet so looks like this is the only data for this so far on socalevo. it cost ~$75 plus the vacuum lines. i will see how much this thing can take and if it works out i will probably be using this over the GM 3-port but until then i will still be pushing the GM for high level ECU boost applications i.e. E85 or meth. the pill however is still the cheapest route to ECU boost and can take u to ~26psi and it holds really well until redline.

earlyapex
10-01-2009, 12:06 PM
this thread was just a place for me to post results on this piece since no seems to have done much testing on them yet or have posted any test results... a few have done so on evom but nothing thourough as of yet so looks like this is the only data for this so far on socalevo.Â* it cost ~$75 plus the vacuum lines.

$75? I just bought them for $52.48 each, part # MR204853

Do you have full boost curve vs WGDC data yet?

RALLInspired
10-01-2009, 12:08 PM

this thread was just a place for me to post results on this piece since no seems to have done much testing on them yet or have posted any test results... a few have done so on evom but nothing thourough as of yet so looks like this is the only data for this so far on socalevo. it cost ~$75 plus the vacuum lines. i will see how much this thing can take and if it works out i will probably be using this over the GM 3-port but until then i will still be pushing the GM for high level ECU boost applications i.e. E85 or meth. the pill however is still the cheapest route to ECU boost and can take u to ~26psi and it holds really well until redline.

thats how much phoreal paid for it at anahiem mistu... last one they had too.Â* but yes they should be $52.48 each.

and no not yet... i should have all the data tomorrow when i actually fully tune the car. again 30% on this 8 hit 18psi by 4000. %2 WGDC per 1psi of boost.

earlyapex
10-01-2009, 12:10 PM

thats how much phoreal paid for it at anahiem mistu... last one they had too.Â* but yes they should be $52.48 each.

$65 retail, $52.48 at mitsubishiparts.net

So do you have a WGDC vs Boost curve to show it "really great for holding boost" ?

phoreal
10-01-2009, 12:32 PM
^^ tomorrow when we tune all info will be posted to show how good this holds and what not

RALLInspired
10-01-2009, 12:42 PM

So do you have a WGDC vs Boost curve to show it "really great for holding boost" ?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/elkeekerdude/Evo%20Tuning/3rdOEM3portrunfullpull32.png

100%from 0-3000PRM cut down to 30%from 3250 to 7500. unfortunately WGDC wasn't logged but those are the values and this run was taken right after the 2nd. 19psi at 3650 tapered to 15 by 4000 and held flat to 7406.

HMatt
10-01-2009, 01:17 PM
I have been getting so pissed the last few weeks about this thing....

Just when I finally get off my ass and soldier in my pigtail and heatshrink everything and get it all in nice, this little plug and play thing comes out of the woodwork for the same price I paid for my 3-port.... so annoying!

earlyapex
10-01-2009, 01:27 PM
100%from 0-3000PRM cut down to 30%from 3250 to 7500. unfortunately WGDC wasn't logged but those are the values and this run was taken right after the 2nd. 19psi at 3650 tapered to 15 by 4000 and held flat to 7406.

Just FYI the stock 2 port has no problem holding 15psi flat, or 16, or 17, or 18, or 19. ;)

Good data would be to show an overlay of the stock 2 port and the OEM 3 port with WGDC, this way you could see if the 3 port can hold more boost up top where the 2 port would be @ 100% WGDC but holding less boost.

RALLInspired
10-01-2009, 02:00 PM

Just FYI the stock 2 port has no problem holding 15psi flat, or 16, or 17, or 18, or 19. ;)

Good data would be to show an overlay of the stock 2 port and the OEM 3 port with WGDC, this way you could see if the 3 port can hold more boost up top where the 2 port would be @ 100% WGDC but holding less boost.

of course i know that... as i stated i havn't done anything thourough so give it a rest. i CAN tell you that based on the 1st run 28psi from 4000 to ~4650 before boost cut at %50 beats my GM and any pill tune i have done that didn't have a tightened or upgraded WG. I will post all my data when i finish my testing. these were just my inital results.

andrewzaragoza
10-01-2009, 02:02 PM
There are a couple of people who have tested it and shared the results. see post 94 http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflash/446637-i-think-i-may-have-found-new-3port-boost-solenoid-comes-every-evo.html

RALLInspired
10-01-2009, 02:09 PM
There are a couple of people who have tested it and shared the results. see post 94 http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflash/446637-i-think-i-may-have-found-new-3port-boost-solenoid-comes-every-evo.html

i already said that lol O0 frost,Â* jack_of_trades, GST, MRFRED are doing their own testing but only one has posted anything thus far. i didn't find anything on socal so i just thought i'd start a thread here of my own results as well as anyone else's. :mitsu: i also know that FTY has jumped all over this as well lmao as u can see in that thread. and like i said phoreal bought the last one at anahiem.

earlyapex
10-01-2009, 02:34 PM

of course i know that... as i stated i havn't done anything thourough so give it a rest. i CAN tell you that based on the 1st run 28psi from 4000 to ~4650 before boost cut at %50 beats my GM and any pill tune i have done that didn't have a tightened or upgraded WG. I will post all my data when i finish my testing. these were just my inital results.

??? I'm just asking. ;)

Duty cycle per boost doesn't mean much, it could be the EGR valve just has more restriction. It's all about the response/latency and boost holding capability.

I would imagine it will have latency like the stock 2 port valve but much better boost holding capability. I still think the GM will be king but we'll know after the real testing takes place. A valve is on it's way to 3rd party test bench. (mrfred)

btw, this is bryan@GST. ;)

RALLInspired
10-01-2009, 03:24 PM

??? I'm just asking. ;)

Duty cycle per boost doesn't mean much, it could be the EGR valve just has more restriction. It's all about the response/latency and boost holding capability.

I would imagine it will have latency like the stock 2 port valve but much better boost holding capability. I still think the GM will be king but we'll know after the real testing takes place. A valve is on it's way to 3rd party test bench. (mrfred)

btw, this is bryan@GST. ;)

haha i just realized it was you bryan after i walked away from the computer LMAO. and i understand that and thats why i wanted to post up what i found out so far since it seemed the evom thread has been dead for a couple of days. do you any results on this?

SoCalRedLine
10-01-2009, 03:30 PM
2% wgdc/psi is good. The gm is like 3.4-4% per psi.

If you need someone to test it that knows what their doing, I can do so. my oem plug is still wired in parallel, so I can swap back/forth easily.

RALLInspired
10-01-2009, 04:41 PM
well re-reading what wrote i realize how much sense that didn't make lol. SoCalRedLine im surprised you and others havn't tested this yet. I was planning on doing the same with my plug in order to test all three solenoids OEM 2port, GM, and this EGR. Rigo and steve said they were out of them there at anahiem so i'll ask FTY to see if he stock piled them.

I will be testing this out on phoreals for several hours to see how it holds boost and its response on 91. I'll post up more then. Does anyone have any results on this at all?

RALLInspired
10-01-2009, 05:31 PM

1st post reworded for clarification... i worded it wrong and got a little ahead of myself, an admitted error on my part. posted at 12:15 am :)

Rob#2
10-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Toyota (Denso) is your friend.

you keep dropping hints like this but you never offer any actual information... Why not actually contribute some solid information.

along those lines, I found a female plug that matches the OEM Mitsu solonoid, meaning the same as what's on the car on a Toyota T100 while I was scooping gm harnesses.

I would like to see if the Mitsu EGR solonoid valve is a viable solution, because I'm not ready to cut my stock wiring yet.

SoCalRedLine
10-01-2009, 10:18 PM
well re-reading what wrote i realize how much sense that didn't make lol. SoCalRedLine im surprised you and others havn't tested this yet. I was planning on doing the same with my plug in order to test all three solenoids OEM 2port, GM, and this EGR. Rigo and steve said they were out of them there at anahiem so i'll ask FTY to see if he stock piled them.

I will be testing this out on phoreals for several hours to see how it holds boost and its response on 91. I'll post up more then. Does anyone have any results on this at all?

I might be willing to pull mine off and check it out, I can live with a egr code for a little bit :). I just hvent had much time to test anything with school.

RALLInspired
10-02-2009, 11:32 PM
well i've definately come to the conclusion that 2%=1psi. at least on this particular evo. max WGDC was 42% holding 18.5psi by 7500. im definately not done but its late. ill post more details tomorrow but this is the final run from this evening.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/elkeekerdude/Evo%20Tuning/OEM3portfinalrunday1graph.png

oxyi
10-03-2009, 12:20 AM
interesting... don't they sell this at south coast mitsu with 30% off ? MR204853

phoreal
10-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Yep but it special order

RALLInspired
10-03-2009, 07:46 PM
So this solenoid is super sensitive.Â* Not perfected yet but definitely a start.Â* This solenoid definately requires the use of gear dependant boost control and life would have been way easier for me had we used psi based boost control.Â* WGDC were pretty damn low to hold 19psi on 91.Â* BDEL tables and TBEC tables can be fined tuned but we stoped after a couple of hours.

I still need to compare this to the GM 3 port and OEM 2 port. I have a good 30 logs on this thing. heres the final runs in 3rd gear and 1st through 4th. Please take this for what its worth. O0

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/elkeekerdude/Evo%20Tuning/OEM3portfinalrunday23rdgeargraphBDE.png

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/elkeekerdude/Evo%20Tuning/OEM3portfinalrunday21st-4thgeargrap.png

Any other tips anyone may have please share :mitsu:

phoreal
10-03-2009, 08:43 PM
this oem 3 port suckkkkkkssssss!!!!! lol :2funny: jk

im very satisfied with it and plan on getting the jdm map sensor next week to make things easier on Rick when he retunes