PDA

View Full Version : Swift, Eibach, Progress springs or what else should i get?

nick198867
10-06-2009, 10:57 PM
hi guys,
im looking for something that make my car to have better handleing.
which springs do you guys think would do the best? i also like stiffer ride, so which one would suit me the most?
thanks

booster310
10-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Cant go wrong with swift lowering springs bro, they are made to perform not for looks.

iheartevoix
10-09-2009, 08:24 PM
just do it the right way the first time and get coilovers!

booster310
10-10-2009, 10:15 AM
^^^Well it also all depends on what his plans are, are you planning on tracking the car or just dd, if just dd then springs are the way to go, but if you plan on going to the track then some coilovers will be great unless you just go to the track for fun and not give a shit about your time.

nick198867
10-11-2009, 02:35 AM
my plan is just canyon and track for fun... so springs should be enough for me, but i like something is stiff tho.

booster310
10-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Swifts on some good MR struts.

triguy
10-12-2009, 10:39 PM
I was able to get the last set of the WORKS springs with just a half inch drop and really like them.Â* I've heard good things about the Muellerized springs and Swift Springs because they don't lower your car too much to where you're always riding on your bump stops in the turns.Â* That said, I trimmed my bump stops in the front and rear just to make sure I had plenty of clearance.Â* Bundle a set of springs with a rear and front sway bar, the Whiteline roll center kit, and an aggressive street alignment (-2 front, -1 rear) and your car will handle amazingly well in the canyons as a daily driver.Â* I went with Hotchkis swaybars but there are lots of choices out there.

1sexymr
10-13-2009, 02:31 AM
Swifts on some good MR struts.

agree, cant go wrong with that.. thats what im runnin and i love it O0

yobless
10-13-2009, 11:55 AM
MR bilsteins and GTworx springs...searching a bit will find you a couple of favorable reviews. Swift also seems to be a good spring for both the GSR and MR suspension.

1sexymr
10-13-2009, 12:45 PM
yeah good revies on swift springs.. not too aggressive and its helps the handling of the car. :)

I like to Smash
10-14-2009, 06:11 PM
My personal experience, Eibach prokit for 5k miles now. Love it

AD_LIB
10-19-2009, 01:31 PM
+1 for the Swifts on a MR also got the Whiteline Roll Center kit and its really nice!

iamaiun
10-19-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm also on Eibachs and I love it. The drop is perfect.

nick198867
10-26-2009, 09:49 PM
the Whiteline Roll Center kit really makes a different after dropped the car?

06whitemr
02-19-2010, 11:09 AM
i heard eibach springs pretty good for the drop

nick198867
02-19-2010, 09:12 PM
yeah, i picked the swift too...
thanks for the review!

Evold_one
03-23-2010, 09:32 AM
Sorry to butt in guys.Â* I'm new to all of this stuff.Â* Also looking for springs but I have a really stupid question...if I do springs on a '10 MR, is there any other gadgets I need to get to have it properly aligned?Â* Do I need camber plates or does the stock setup allow enough adjustment to get it back to stock alignment?Â* I drive about 80 a day in L.A. so I don't want to eat tires.Â* So I plan on springs and a roll center kit - just don't know if it will align right with only those items :?

thanks!

blkside
03-23-2010, 09:38 AM
You simply remove your springs (THEY ARE UNDER PRESSURE) and replace them and then go have the car aligned. You dont need anything else. The car has enough adjustment stock to compensate for a mild drop.

If you are in the La area... more than a stock alignment ... Go with West End

Evold_one
03-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Great! Thanks for the quick response. Just hope I can get in my driveway after I do this ;)

Cheers

blkside
03-23-2010, 12:37 PM
On springs you shouldnt have any problems . I had eibachs and now JICS and I dont have any real issues... and I have been up some steep shits like RRE driveway of death

sales@muellerized
03-26-2010, 06:57 AM
Sorry to butt in guys.Â* I'm new to all of this stuff.Â* Also looking for springs but I have a really stupid question...if I do springs on a '10 MR, is there any other gadgets I need to get to have it properly aligned?Â* Do I need camber plates or does the stock setup allow enough adjustment to get it back to stock alignment?Â* I drive about 80 a day in L.A. so I don't want to eat tires.Â* So I plan on springs and a roll center kit - just don't know if it will align right with only those itemsÂ* :?

thanks!

The only stupid question is one that doesn't get asked because then it can never get answered.

Short answer: On your '10 Evo MR (color heads up display for the win!) you don't need camber plates unless you have some really extreme desires as far as tire wear/grip.

Long answer: Knowing that you drive in LA (oh how we hate the condition of the roads there), we would highly recommend our springs as especially when we install them on the MR Bilsteins (with our custom bump-stop modifications for improved handling/ride quality which you won't get elsewhere other than through John's experience and R&D) we have experienced an incredible level of ride quality while improving the car's grip.Â* Paired with a set of the Whiteline 27mm front and rear anti-roll bars, this setup really leaves your Evo X ridiculously well sorted for a daily driver and at the price point we can offer as a Whiteline Performance Center.Â* The Evo X's high center of gravity and heavy weight mean that we especially recommend the addition of the anti-roll bars which is why it is standard in our Stage 1+ package.Â* Feel free to shoot us an e-mail or a PM or stop by if you are in our area so that we can answer any more of your questions.

Click here to e-mail Muellerized... ([email protected])

-Orlando

kautiongsr
03-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Sorry to butt in guys. I'm new to all of this stuff. Also looking for springs but I have a really stupid question...if I do springs on a '10 MR, is there any other gadgets I need to get to have it properly aligned? Do I need camber plates or does the stock setup allow enough adjustment to get it back to stock alignment? I drive about 80 a day in L.A. so I don't want to eat tires. So I plan on springs and a roll center kit - just don't know if it will align right with only those items :?

thanks!

The only stupid question is one that doesn't get asked because then it can never get answered.

Short answer: On your '10 Evo MR (color heads up display for the win!) you don't need camber plates unless you have some really extreme desires as far as tire wear/grip.

Long answer: Knowing that you drive in LA (oh how we hate the condition of the roads there), we would highly recommend our springs as especially when we install them on the MR Bilsteins (with our custom bump-stop modifications for improved handling/ride quality which you won't get elsewhere other than through John's experience and R&D) we have experienced an incredible level of ride quality while improving the car's grip. Paired with a set of the Whiteline 27mm front and rear anti-roll bars, this setup really leaves your Evo X ridiculously well sorted for a daily driver and at the price point we can offer as a Whiteline Performance Center. The Evo X's high center of gravity and heavy weight mean that we especially recommend the addition of the anti-roll bars which is why it is standard in our Stage 1+ package. Feel free to shoot us an e-mail or a PM or stop by if you are in our area so that we can answer any more of your questions.

-Orlando

stage 1 is a great set up.. that is what i basically have.. except i am using hotchkis sway bars.. they are bigger but since i track about once a month i need them... i have a 08 evo x mr... daily driver from norwalk to torrance.. the springs i am running are the tanabe.. only becuase they where free.. swifts are awsome springs.. talk to muellerized they will help you alot and give you all da info you need

jdizzle37
05-18-2010, 10:59 PM

Long answer: Knowing that you drive in LA (oh how we hate the condition of the roads there), we would highly recommend our springs as especially when we install them on the MR Bilsteins (with our custom bump-stop modifications for improved handling/ride quality which you won't get elsewhere other than through John's experience and R&D) we have experienced an incredible level of ride quality while improving the car's grip.Â* Paired with a set of the Whiteline 27mm front and rear anti-roll bars, this setup really leaves your Evo X ridiculously well sorted for a daily driver and at the price point we can offer as a Whiteline Performance Center.Â* The Evo X's high center of gravity and heavy weight mean that we especially recommend the addition of the anti-roll bars which is why it is standard in our Stage 1+ package.Â* Feel free to shoot us an e-mail or a PM or stop by if you are in our area so that we can answer any more of your questions.

-Orlando

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/JulianDhanani/1261212262259.jpg

kautiongsr
05-18-2010, 11:21 PM
hahaha

ninjlao
06-21-2010, 09:53 AM
There is no reason to look for anything else.
Swift is coming out with the Spec R's in a month.